Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 133. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 06, 2014, 11:52:40 AM
when do we receive the coins sold in ico? I have not received any yet?

ico address: sJpWsASmgs5XuCkXjGE7RNSroAYCatbopi

All the coins have been dispersed, I got my ICO coins about block 150. I had to re-install everything from scratch a second time using the initial ICO wallet.dat before I could see my coins.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 06, 2014, 11:52:00 AM
growth or not, it won't worth it.
people started selling at low prices and if they continue to do so, price will drop down to 0.00001 in a few days.
the only person who made profit for sure is one I saw in a pool. he had 3.5TH/s for one day. He made 25 seed. If he sold everything a few hours ago, he made 5 btc.
I have just stopped mining too. it's pointless to keep mining and loose time.
One of the worst parts is the exchange. It should go on an exchange a week later, not yesterday.
Big failure as price will be grounded before grow period.
Moreover, by day 7 who on earth will buy 10m of this coin knowing the next day it won't worth anything?

I'd disagree. There's only 302 coins currently, with 765 more coins that could potentially be mined, however, every block discovered by someone staking removes 0.1 seeds from circulation. Also, they need a minimum of 24 hours to mature, so that removes the final 24 coins from first day of growth. There will likely be less than 1000 coins produced by that time, 0.095 as it is currently at bittrex is looking awfully cheap. The person who bought up to 1 btc/coin last night thought so too.

For sure the price will plummet as coins grow, but it's all about current value to the number of coins you currently own. Not to mention if you do decide to sell and move your coins to bittrex, but those buy orders are already sold into, you've just lost a monumental amount of coins since they lose most of their growth potential, and your stuck either dumping them cheap or re-growing them again at a significantly reduced potential. There's a huge risk involved in moving the coins, so it just depends what price will justify the risk.

I's going to be very interesting to see the fluctuations in price and the final coin count. Doing some fuzzy math, based on a final market cap of only $40,000 and a very conservative 9M coins total supply (imo probably more like 6-7M), and one coin currently growing into over 9300, each coin right now would be worth $41.40 or ~0.124 BTC if held for the entire growth period. And those are with very conservative numbers.

To me it seems silly to sell for anything less than 0.2/coin but there's always some people who need to get paid now.

By the time you wrote your post the price was 0.095 now it's 0.09
There are only two orders holding the price to 0.09. That's a total of 1.03 Seed. If they are sold, price goes down to 0.074
Also, you expect 9M coins worth 0.124 BTC each? That's 1.16M BTC
How are you going to sell coins worthing 1.1 million BTC ?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 06, 2014, 11:47:35 AM
when do we receive the coins sold in ico? I have not received any yet?

ico address: sJpWsASmgs5XuCkXjGE7RNSroAYCatbopi
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 06, 2014, 11:47:06 AM
So what do you think each coin would be worth at the end of the growth period?
Activity: 126
October 06, 2014, 11:03:20 AM
people started selling at low prices and if they continue to do so, price will drop down to 0.00001 in a few days.
the only person who made profit for sure is one I saw in a pool. he had 3.5TH/s for one day. He made 25 seed. If he sold everything a few hours ago, he made 5 btc.
One of the worst parts is the exchange. It should go on an exchange a week later, not yesterday.
Moreover, by day 7 who on earth will buy 10m of this coin knowing the next day it won't worth anything?

I'd disagree. There's only 302 coins currently, with 765 more coins that could potentially be mined, however, every block discovered by someone staking removes 0.1 seeds from circulation. Also, they need a minimum of 24 hours to mature, so that removes the final 24 coins from first day of growth. There will likely be less than 1000 coins produced by that time, 0.095 as it is currently at bittrex is looking awfully cheap. The person who bought up to 1 btc/coin last night thought so too.

For sure the price will plummet as coins grow, but it's all about current value to the number of coins you currently own. Not to mention if you do decide to sell and move your coins to bittrex, but those buy orders are already sold into, you've just lost a monumental amount of coins since they lose most of their growth potential, and your stuck either dumping them cheap or re-growing them again at a significantly reduced potential. There's a huge risk involved in moving the coins, so it just depends what price will justify the risk.

I's going to be very interesting to see the fluctuations in price and the final coin count. Doing some fuzzy math, based on a final market cap of only $40,000 and a very conservative 9M coins total supply (imo probably more like 6-7M), and one coin currently growing into over 9300, each coin right now would be worth $41.40 or ~0.124 BTC if held for the entire growth period. And those are with very conservative numbers.

To me it seems silly to sell for anything less than 0.2/coin but there's always some people who need to get paid now.
0_0
Activity: 44
October 06, 2014, 10:57:28 AM
Is it just me or is Minerpools site just completely blank?
Activity: 29
October 06, 2014, 10:41:40 AM
My coins are finally staking.  Everything is working well.
0_0
October 06, 2014, 10:05:39 AM
October 06, 2014, 08:16:30 AM
thanks for the reply, but will this fix happen before the growth period?

Yes, fix is due on Wednesday, growth period starts around Saturday(ish)
Activity: 582
October 06, 2014, 08:00:06 AM
I'm targeting the fix (with a solid lead time so everyone has a chance to update their wallets) for 12am UTC October 8th,

No, its not. sounds like a total screwup on the devs part.
Activity: 168
October 06, 2014, 07:03:18 AM
I'm targeting the fix (with a solid lead time so everyone has a chance to update their wallets) for 12am UTC October 8th,

Yes, probably Smiley

I sure hope so, it will piss alot of ppl off if not. Without that fix I am wasting my time mining. I know my little black widow isnt much but it pays .005 a day at least. hopefully im not throwing away the hash. . .  

There is no easy way to just turn off staking until you have the fix is there? I know its only a small percentage of stake, but after the large growth ever little bit now is compounded ALOT from the large staking. . .

Activity: 232
October 06, 2014, 06:51:09 AM

Yes, probably Smiley
Activity: 308
October 06, 2014, 06:28:57 AM
Just worked out my cost on beta rigs and with all the hash and difficulty both going up it seems that its about 0.15btc to 0.18btc per seed cost now and that would take 24 hours to get the full seed.  So it seems much better to just buy on bittrex at the moment.  At least you get the seed right away so you can get it ready to stake.

Just want to add in (Correct me if I'm wrong)  but its only 1% PER YEAR stake until block 10100 and since were only on block 2224 it would seem there is lots of time for both the fix and anybody who buys now to get the full 269% per day stake later when it kicks in at block 10100.
Activity: 350
October 06, 2014, 05:03:19 AM

0_0
October 06, 2014, 04:54:29 AM
So if I am understanding correctly, I need a minimum of 1 seed to stake?

And will this fix (if any)before the growth period?

I feel like I am losing my time trying to mine this coin with 4mh/s
Don't know if it worth a week of mining. of course I will be happy if I make 0.1 BTC
October 06, 2014, 04:52:52 AM
Activity: 350
October 06, 2014, 04:46:16 AM
So if I am understanding correctly, I need a minimum of 1 seed to stake?

And will this fix (if any)before the growth period?
0_0
October 06, 2014, 04:18:41 AM
Ok, let me break it down as simply as I can. In order to stake 1 coin, it will actually take 48 hours to reach 1 weight on the network. Anything less than 1 weight on the network is rounded down to nothing. This is a limitation of the staking algorithm itself, and not something that was coded in.

Then, how 1 coin will give 269% in 24 hours and so on, if it needs 48 hours ?

here you said, your days are perfect https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9091660

Because you'll stake on day one and get 3.69 coins. Those 3.69 coins will stake happily about 30 hours later, when they'll turn into 13 coins. 13 coins will stake fairly quickly, coming in a little less than 26 hours later, and turning over a whopping 50 coins. 50 coins will be ready in 24 1/2 hours after that, beyond which the timing is negligible.

The updated code that I am currently working on will remove this problem. Everyone's coins will reach 1 weight much sooner, and weight will accumulate much faster.

Based on what you said, it needs 24 hours +(24/ coins)
I will have 0.1 Seed. By using the above formula, 0.1 Seed will need 264 hours for staking and that's 11 days. So by the 7th day I Will still have 0.1 Seed Cheesy
Activity: 140
October 06, 2014, 04:14:24 AM
Ok, let me break it down as simply as I can. In order to stake 1 coin, it will actually take 48 hours to reach 1 weight on the network. Anything less than 1 weight on the network is rounded down to nothing. This is a limitation of the staking algorithm itself, and not something that was coded in.

Then, how 1 coin will give 269% in 24 hours and so on, if it needs 48 hours ?

here you said, your days are perfect https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9091660

Because you'll stake on day one and get 3.69 coins. Those 3.69 coins will stake happily about 30 hours later, when they'll turn into 13 coins. 13 coins will stake fairly quickly, coming in a little less than 26 hours later, and turning over a whopping 50 coins. 50 coins will be ready in 24 1/2 hours after that, beyond which the timing is negligible.

The updated code that I am currently working on will remove this problem. Everyone's coins will reach 1 weight much sooner, and weight will accumulate much faster.

Jump to: