Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 76. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 109
October 11, 2014, 10:28:00 AM
ok so i have more than one coin but it all came in small chunks that stake at different times so i should be good right?

Should be, cryptzo said it's only for chunks of coins more than 1 coin. so a full 1+ coins staking at once.

I had realized that I had left a wallet open and staking at work, so drove in to work just to see it was forked off on a different chain since it was an old wallet.

This coin is taking a lot of effort to keep on top of, but those that do, can maximize their potential and increase their own % share.

Also, as the first 24 hours is ending, we have a better idea of what the final coin count will be. Currently 2526, so maybe 2550 after 24 hours.

If the time line stays, and we still have 6 more days of 269%, that leaves a total possible # as 2550*3.69^6 =~ 6,500,000.

But there's also like 50 coins on bittex and still some in the mining pools, so that number may be less (or more if we're delayed with finding blocks and we end up getting more than 6 more days of 269% POS)
I mined for a couple of says and got small chinks of it too. I think the largest chinks was 1-2seed at the time in the end of that mining.. Can i coninue staking or keep the wallet locked ?

Look at your coin control to see the size and timestamp of each chunk of coins. If there is a chunk of 1 coinc or greater going to stake soon, then lock your wallet now.

Then you can decide to try and use the reserve amount method or just wait until the fix.

If you only have stacks of coins less than 1, you can continue to stake.
Ok. i see that i took out bigger chunks from the pool in the end due to the fee:s. I have several 1+ seed transactions that came in to my wallet. I will just keep the wallet locked then and wait for the fix.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 10:26:00 AM
If your chunks are all less than 1 coin then keep staking
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 11, 2014, 10:25:44 AM
ok so i have more than one coin but it all came in small chunks that stake at different times so i should be good right?

Should be, cryptzo said it's only for chunks of coins more than 1 coin. so a full 1+ coins staking at once.

I had realized that I had left a wallet open and staking at work, so drove in to work just to see it was forked off on a different chain since it was an old wallet.

This coin is taking a lot of effort to keep on top of, but those that do, can maximize their potential and increase their own % share.

Also, as the first 24 hours is ending, we have a better idea of what the final coin count will be. Currently 2526, so maybe 2550 after 24 hours.

If the time line stays, and we still have 6 more days of 269%, that leaves a total possible # as 2550*3.69^6 =~ 6,500,000.

But there's also like 50 coins on bittex and still some in the mining pools, so that number may be less (or more if we're delayed with finding blocks and we end up getting more than 6 more days of 269% POS)
I mined for a couple of says and got small chinks of it too. I think the largest chinks was 1-2seed at the time in the end of that mining.. Can i coninue staking or keep the wallet locked ?

Look at your coin control to see the size and timestamp of each chunk of coins. If there is a chunk of 1 coinc or greater going to stake soon, then lock your wallet now.

Then you can decide to try and use the reserve amount method or just wait until the fix.

If you only have stacks of coins less than 1, you can continue to stake.
October 11, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

I mined for a couple of days and got small chinks of it too. I think the largest chinks was 1-2seed at the time in the end of that mining.. Can i coninue staking or keep the wallet locked ?
October 11, 2014, 10:21:08 AM

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
October 11, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
October 11, 2014, 09:59:01 AM
I like staking,.., Grin

The first time I saw that, I thought it said, "I like stalking"..  lol
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2014, 09:55:28 AM
once this issue is fixed, are we looking at a new wallet release? If this is the case I'm assuming the 24 hrs is reset once synced and unlocked? Can someone confirm this?

yes, there will be another wallet release. And by the end of this, if anyone wants to take me out back and shoot me, I'll understand.

if we do that who will mess things up and then fix them 2.5 seconds later? lol you're doing a great job man, keep it up. I'm just a little peeved that it hasn't all gone to plan since I bought a sizable amount and want to reap the benefits. In a case like this there is very little benefit to early investors.. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
Activity: 375
October 11, 2014, 09:45:40 AM
I like staking,.., Grin
October 11, 2014, 09:41:51 AM
Ok.  I locked my wallet for now, 11+ seeds is still in staking but i guess they will return to the wallet later.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
October 11, 2014, 09:39:07 AM
Well, that's interesting...

While I was in the process typing out a post to bitch about not staking for shit and 50% "not accepted", it staked for the first time in the range of what it should be, instead of the .00001.

Amazingly coincidental timing!
October 11, 2014, 09:38:22 AM
Locking your wallet, or reserving all your coins does not effect your coin age. So once you start staking again after the fix, you will be able stake right away if they have matured (~24 hours)
October 11, 2014, 09:37:01 AM
I need to stop staking now to be able to start staking with the new wallet within 24 hours ?

If you have more than 1 coin due to stake, you have two options. Stop all staking until the wallet fix, or set your reserve balance for everything except less than 1 coin. Reserving a balance prevents those coins from staking. You will stake the partial coin you did not reserve.

The caveat is that you will have to keep changing your reserve balance over and over many many times to get all your coins to stake, and keep in mind that your balance goes up as your coins stake.
October 11, 2014, 09:32:12 AM
I need to stop staking now to be able to start staking with the new wallet within 24 hours ?
Activity: 161
October 11, 2014, 09:31:41 AM
The only issue I'm having right now is keeping calm while bittrex hold the coins I bought hostage!
October 11, 2014, 09:30:13 AM
My next >1 coin block staked yesterday at 15:29 wallet time, so in about an hour for me before it is due again. I'm fine leaving the rest to stake until just before then I guess?
October 11, 2014, 09:29:09 AM
Coins keep their age regardless of wallet update and syncing.

4 of the top 5 on the rich list are set to stake in 1 hour...Wonder if they've seen this.

Make that more like 7 of the top 7. This could get a whole lot more interesting in an hour.
October 11, 2014, 09:26:03 AM
I'm having fun, ETA on wallet?
Activity: 140
October 11, 2014, 09:25:50 AM
Coins keep their age regardless of wallet update and syncing.

4 of the top 5 on the rich list are set to stake in 1 hour...Wonder if they've seen this.

Yeah, that's why I've posted it everywhere I can. The only saving grace is that the advantage they got yesterday just got destroyed, and people effected by this bug are the exact people that benefited from the last bug. So there is some balance at least I guess.
Activity: 140
October 11, 2014, 09:23:25 AM
once this issue is fixed, are we looking at a new wallet release? If this is the case I'm assuming the 24 hrs is reset once synced and unlocked? Can someone confirm this?

yes, there will be another wallet release. And by the end of this, if anyone wants to take me out back and shoot me, I'll understand.
Pages:
Jump to: