Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 74. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 11, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
DEV: Please reply to Suchpool's PM, both of us are having the same situation with the wallet and we need a solution for this as our miners can't withdraw their coins.

Every update breaks things even further, yesterday's update pretty much made the wallet not sync properly, and previous updates.....

If you can contact me with the final audit numbers I'll see what I can do to help. I personally don't have very many seeds, but I can buy them off the market once we can get bittrex online. They still haven't opened the wallet, which at this point may be a good thing. I'll contact them shortly.

any word from bittrex???
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
October 11, 2014, 12:44:04 PM
DEV: Please reply to Suchpool's PM, both of us are having the same situation with the wallet and we need a solution for this as our miners can't withdraw their coins.

Every update breaks things even further, yesterday's update pretty much made the wallet not sync properly, and previous updates.....

If you can contact me with the final audit numbers I'll see what I can do to help. I personally don't have very many seeds, but I can buy them off the market once we can get bittrex online. They still haven't opened the wallet, which at this point may be a good thing. I'll contact them shortly.

As I stated above, we will NOT be fully auditing the 2000+ blocks.

Given the price of the coin, I don't have any interest into spending a ton of hours auditing the whole thing. I will just buy them back myself, my time is worth much more than the cost of this.

What I am looking for an explanation into what happened with all these forks and where did those coins go?

Also, we noticed that by comparing our blockhashes, they would sometime be different then on a second checkup they had changed and were now matching, hinting there couldve been auto-corrected forks. Is it possible the network tried to auto correct forks as they occured?
Activity: 504
Bitcoin is getting bigcoin
October 11, 2014, 12:42:17 PM
so , i started with 0.59 seed but now my account is 1.88776 , do i have to quit now , or just keep staking???
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 11, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
######BUG 1) There is a small gap between .9 and 1 seed where the problem is not fixed.
###########The size of the gap is about .05 SEED and given the time sensitive nature of this problem
###########I have elected not to take the time to figure out how to fix it without introducing bugs.

I think I understand all of what you wrote in this post except the above. Could you please elaborate? What exactly is meant by a small gap between .9 and 1 seed?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 11, 2014, 12:39:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 11, 2014, 12:37:48 PM
Thank you for the very clear explanation of the options and their ramifications. I feel like I can make an informed decision.

I'm in the process of updating the wallet. I'm not anticipating any problems and I've had lots of practice Wink

Ok everyone, it's not all doom and gloom if you staked already. Waiting until the change takes effect carries a significant risk, and people that choose to wait to stake need to decide what they want to do.

Here's the lowdown. If you wait until the change takes place in a little under 13 hours, then you're taking the risk that you'll be able to get your last stake in before the end of the growth period. You will get roughly 1.7-2x your 269% if you wait, BUT you'll LOSE 2.69x at the end if you can't get in that last stake.

I've already made it clear that my testing showed the last day tends to run a little short BUT we are currently about 10 hours behind schedule and I've never been able to test full scale, so I can't say for sure when it will end.

People that staked already, or choose to stake now WILL DEFINITELY STAKE ON THE LAST DAY.

People that wait until the fix takes place will have to take the gamble that the last day wont end too early for them to get their final stake in. That is the choice each of you have to make, and I don't honestly know which is better for sure.

October 11, 2014, 12:34:51 PM
Ok, here's what I can tell you about the fix:

#1 This is a bug that only SeedCoin would have, and it's because of our insane interest rate.
#2 The previous bugfix that allowed very small stakes created the bug where the math would just get too big for normal and large stake amounts
#4 I've double-checked that the current blockchain is valid and will continue to be valid until the changeover in 12 1/2 hours. Though you may still need to do the %appdata%/seedcoin delete drill again, if your wallet loads without giving you an error, you're fine.
#3 There are three bugs created by this fix that will not be fixed.

######BUG 1) There is a small gap between .9 and 1 seed where the problem is not fixed.
###########The size of the gap is about .05 SEED and given the time sensitive nature of this problem
###########I have elected not to take the time to figure out how to fix it without introducing bugs.

######BUG 2) If you have more than 1 coin and you stake, you will be rewarded only down to the third
###########decimal place. So 1.2851818523 will be calculated as 1.285. This will not be fixed.

######BUG 3) If you have more than 900,000 SeedCoins, and you stake them all at one time,
###########You will run into this bug again.

************* ALL BUGS NOTED ABOVE WILL DISAPPEAR AFTER GROWTH ***************

Activity: 168
October 11, 2014, 12:34:22 PM
So will a chunk of more than 1 seed get 1% right now or 269% right now?
Activity: 150
October 11, 2014, 12:32:26 PM
On start of the latest windows binary 1.0.5 from your post I have error message: Error loading blkindex.dat.

Copy your wallet.dat and peer.dat put them in a temp folder. then delete the seedcoin folder. reinstall the new wallet and paste your old wallet.dat and peer.dat file in the new directory. It depends on how much effort you want to put towards this clearly, fucked up released coin. sorry dev, but this is a gongshow.

Yup, deleting everything except the wallet dat and resyncing helped, both wallets updated on 1.0.5.0.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
October 11, 2014, 12:24:01 PM

Yep, waiting on some kind of resolution, if not simply recognition of the issue. This happened between the first and 4th fork where a couple of SEEDS went missing. In our cases, estimates show about 6.5 gone including the profits we wouldve made for that period.

It would require a full audit, but considering the price of the coin I won't be loosing my time spending hours on this and might just buy what's missing, but would surely appreciate cooperation from the devteam.

PS: You guys should ALWAYS backup your .dat before updating. Good thing we do all the time. What I paste next is just following the latest update:
seed@data2:~/seedcoin/src$ seedcoind
seedCoin server starting
seed@data2:~/seedcoin/src$ seedCoin: Error loading blkindex.dat

Be careful guys! Bad code can cause big headaches
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
October 11, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

October 11, 2014, 12:17:17 PM
1.0.5 - error loading blkindex.dat?

Some people will need to reload their blockindex. I've seen both cases. I didn't have to, the linux builds I did didn't have to, but someone else I sent the wallet to did have to.
Activity: 582
October 11, 2014, 12:16:18 PM
On start of the latest windows binary 1.0.5 from your post I have error message: Error loading blkindex.dat.

Copy your wallet.dat and peer.dat put them in a temp folder. then delete the seedcoin folder. reinstall the new wallet and paste your old wallet.dat and peer.dat file in the new directory. It depends on how much effort you want to put towards this clearly, fucked up released coin. sorry dev, but this is a gongshow.
October 11, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

Ok everyone, it's not all doom and gloom if you staked already. Waiting until the change takes effect carries a significant risk, and people that choose to wait to stake need to decide what they want to do.

Here's the lowdown. If you wait until the change takes place in a little under 13 hours, then you're taking the risk that you'll be able to get your last stake in before the end of the growth period. You will get roughly 1.7-2x your 269% if you wait, BUT you'll LOSE 2.69x at the end if you can't get in that last stake.

I've already made it clear that my testing showed the last day tends to run a little short BUT we are currently about 10 hours behind schedule and I've never been able to test full scale, so I can't say for sure when it will end.

People that staked already, or choose to stake now WILL DEFINITELY STAKE ON THE LAST DAY.

People that wait until the fix takes place will have to take the gamble that the last day wont end too early for them to get their final stake in. That is the choice each of you have to make, and I don't honestly know which is better for sure.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
October 11, 2014, 12:15:01 PM
1.0.5 - error loading blkindex.dat?
Activity: 150
October 11, 2014, 12:14:50 PM
[Edit]
Same error when I tried the dropbox zip version.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 11, 2014, 12:06:36 PM
Ok, so now I have 5.3  coins in my wallet, but I'm only staking .4 ? Can anyone explain to me why i'm not staking more than this? I've had 2 seed in my wallet for the past 3 days. I updated the wallet again yesterday, which didn't alter my stake age. So if anyone could explain to me what I need to do to get max returns that would be amazing.
October 11, 2014, 12:04:12 PM

SATURDAY 10/11 IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 1 SEED DUE TO STAKE, STOP STAKING IMMEDIATELY

Mandatory Wallet Update
Please Update Before Sunday 5 AM UTC

Wallet Version 1.0.5.0

http://seed-coin.com/wallet/seedcoin-qt.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yccfxu0njdxid/seedcoin-qt.zip?dl=0

Changes to the staking system will take effect at that time that fix the 1+ Seed staking issue.
Here's a countdown for your convenience:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20141012T05&year=2014&month=10&day=12&hour=5&min=0&sec=0&msg=Staking%20Fix&csz=1

Github Source has been updated.

Thank you in advance for your understanding!
Activity: 518
October 11, 2014, 12:03:34 PM
coin will dye i think  Smiley
stake dont work s
Pages:
Jump to: