Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 71. (Read 184103 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2014, 03:12:10 PM
My complaint is simple - the ongoing problems with staking and freezing of the coin on trex has permanently hurt the value of this coin - It was off to a great start and then things went downhill and continue downhill.

This is not what I bought into - we were sold a myth, not a coin even before mining began the devs were back pedaling on promises made in the ICO - therefore the ICO was not legitimate.

Syscoin had problem similar and it has never recovered and to this still is still in the tank.

The ICO was never legitimate since no one told no ones that this was simply a rushed hackjob/copy/paste of Shadowcoin.... with the 269% gimmick. That was DISCOVERED (and subsequently admitted by the dev, of course) by one investor. Even before the discovery, I had been posting already that there was no innovation whatsoever on this project, just a gimmick designed to first attract ICO money -a total miserable failure- and second, to cater to the blind, greedy idiots.

Besides these two clearly stated points, the dev himself had clearly stated that he expected to be handsomely compensated, and in advance, through the ICO, for his future involvement in the coin, because he doesn't "... believe in voluntary dev work."

Now, no matter how you choose to cocktail-ize these ingredients, you are going to end up with less or no money and a mess.

But yes, sorry, this is what you chose to buy into.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 11, 2014, 03:09:26 PM
Yes, closing and reopening seems to help. I'm going to dive into that issue just as soon as things settle down. For what it's worth, THAT fix wont require any sort of timed fork, and the update will be completely optional.

so if we're synced and staking on .4 we're good to go?

.5 is a must. If you leave .4 up you'll be fine for the next 10 hours, but then you'll lose sync with the network.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 03:07:04 PM
I do not want to be changed anything ... except if not working properly!
However, one can take swap!?

For some time I take the following tactics. When a new wallet came i delete everything in folder with wallet except the wallet.dat and config files!
Always works for me!
legendary
October 11, 2014, 03:04:27 PM
this coin is turning out to be a worse disaster than Syscoin and I did not even think that was possible

it has more forks that my kitchen drawer.

I was part of the ICO mined early and mined hard and I even ran a pool for it...

I was the 20 largest seed coin holder and now because of this fucked up deployment and botched staking I'm up to a measly whopping 14.53 coins

these guys should refund every single BTC they collected because of their ineptitude...

I WANT MY ICO MONEY BACK!!!!

Uh, excuse me?Huh? You WERE TOLD. Many times. By me. What you were dealing with here and, literally, that "anyone in this fully deserves what's coming to them".

This, by the way, is just the tip in this chronicle of a mess foretold...

dude i dont know what your talking about, i have already covered mining costs and made a profit and still have plenty staking.

Then you are the genius in all of this. Do you see many satisfied customers around you here?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 11, 2014, 03:02:04 PM
?Hi
i also had alot of crap with the wallets but i must admit that the upgrade from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.5.0 was smooth. didnt have any issue.
i do have a dumb question.

i had about 6 seed coins in my wallet. once i have upgraded it i saw that the wallet was not stacking because it was locked. managed to solve this issue.

now i see that i have
0.3 spendable and 24 staking.

can anyone explain to me if this is OK?

when are all my coins will be spendable?

thanks

yes, it's fine.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 03:01:58 PM

After 120 confirms on the pos block
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
October 11, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
My complaint is simple - the ongoing problems with staking and freezing of the coin on trex has permanently hurt the value of this coin - It was off to a great start and then things went downhill and continue downhill.

This is not what I bought into - we were sold a myth, not a coin even before mining began the devs were back pedaling on promises made in the ICO - therefore the ICO was not legitimate.

Syscoin had problem similar and it has never recovered and to this still is still in the tank.
Activity: 140
October 11, 2014, 03:00:21 PM
From the #bittrex channel:

11:51:15cryptzo
The wallet just needs to be updated and sync'd. There's been a lot of updates recently to the staking system, and I understand bittrex holding off on updating until it's all been resolved.
11:52:16cryptzo
basically all the problems surround the growth period, and any further issues will just be weathered by the community. I will not be updating the staking code further, so updates for the forseeable future will be completely optional.
11:53:16cryptzo
The growth period ends in about 5 days, and any bugs will just disappear then anyway.
11:53:43cryptzo
The network itself is stable, save for the fact that there's still some old wallets running on the network.
11:55:04cryptzo
Unfortunately, with the wallets on bittrex disabled, the coins on bittrex have absolutely no value.
11:55:35@bittrex-rami
its in the queue
11:55:38
→ Lowww has joined
11:55:50cryptzo
thank you rami. I'm so sorry for the trouble
11:55:56@bittrex-rami
and we'll need to run our own audits and validation before we bring it back online
11:55:58@bittrex-rami
not a problem
11:56:08cryptzo
That's not a problem, I completely understand that
11:56:08@bittrex-rami
we'll need some time thou, we manage 480+ wallets
11:56:15cryptzo
I completely understand
11:56:56@bittrex-rami
sorry about the delay, we'll get it back as soon as we can
11:56:57cryptzo
if there is anything I can do, any questions I can answer, please don't hesitate to ask, but I do understand.
11:57:41cryptzo
I'm sorry about the problems we've had. Smiley As long as it's the latest code base as of 3 hours ago, then there will be no need to update again for the forseeable future.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 11, 2014, 02:55:14 PM
?Hi
i also had alot of crap with the wallets but i must admit that the upgrade from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.5.0 was smooth. didnt have any issue.
i do have a dumb question.

i had about 6 seed coins in my wallet. once i have upgraded it i saw that the wallet was not stacking because it was locked. managed to solve this issue.

now i see that i have
0.3 spendable and 24 staking.

can anyone explain to me if this is OK?

thanks
copper member
Merit: 1025
October 11, 2014, 02:54:16 PM
this coin is turning out to be a worse disaster than Syscoin and I did not even think that was possible

it has more forks that my kitchen drawer.

I was part of the ICO mined early and mined hard and I even ran a pool for it...

I was the 20 largest seed coin holder and now because of this fucked up deployment and botched staking I'm up to a measly whopping 14.53 coins

these guys should refund every single BTC they collected because of their ineptitude...

I WANT MY ICO MONEY BACK!!!!

Uh, excuse me?Huh? You WERE TOLD. Many times. By me. What you were dealing with here and, literally, that "anyone in this fully deserves what's coming to them".

dude i dont know what your talking about, i have already covered mining costs and made a profit and still have plenty staking.
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
October 11, 2014, 02:52:46 PM
I have no idea what to do.. I got the latest wallet to work by replacing everything except the dat file.. And open and closing the wallet a couple of times during syncing.

Now i am just staking without thinking that much about it anymore..
legendary
October 11, 2014, 02:48:10 PM

All new coins with innovation have problems early on you troll.

You make perfect clones with no innovation, so you probably never have problems.

Let's see how the dev deals with this crisis.

Except that there's absolutely no innovation in this project, none whatsoever. It is a hack job/copy/paste of Shadowcoin with the 269% gimmick to cater to idiots like you.

The foretold mess was not only announced, but it is quite deserved by the likes of you.
legendary
Activity: 927
October 11, 2014, 02:45:27 PM
Yes, closing and reopening seems to help. I'm going to dive into that issue just as soon as things settle down. For what it's worth, THAT fix wont require any sort of timed fork, and the update will be completely optional.

so if we're synced and staking on .4 we're good to go?
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
October 11, 2014, 02:45:17 PM
As long as it's not another hardfork at 5am I'll be happy

I'll be happy if the next "fix" doesn't break something else. This is getting ridiculous.

Maybe the next wallet should be reviewed by a third party before it's released. What about the PinkCoin guys that were so vocal at the beginning of this thread. Help your buddy out!
A working wallet was a requirement of the ICO, and they were the escrow. Just sayin Smiley

Could we take a snapshot of the blockchain, that way if the next wallet is botched, we could roll it back and try again?

Somebody is losing precious stake every time the wallet has been changed. Continuing this current trend is unacceptable.

I agree, I've purchased seeds and so far my wallet has been removed by my antivirus as a security threat, weve been tolf the growth period will not be 7 days, had to update the wallet twice and lost precious staking time from a growth period thats not as long as it should be.

not very cool at all

+10
Activity: 742
October 11, 2014, 02:44:55 PM

All new coins with innovation have problems early on you troll.

You make perfect clones with no innovation, so you probably never have problems.

Let's see how the dev deals with this crisis.
Activity: 490
0_0
October 11, 2014, 02:43:29 PM
relaunch the coin and give everybody with this date his coins back and make it work  Wink
otherwise ban the coin from bittrex is the best way sorry
the best way i think

there are also lots of people who bought on bittrex. will bittrex refund them ? :-)
Activity: 742
October 11, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

Yes, I put in 2 BTC+ on this.

It's a shame.
Activity: 168
October 11, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
relaunch the coin and give everybody with this date his coins back and make it work  Wink
the best way i think

I dont think you can just turn back the clock... people would get their seed back and the guy that paid btc for seed wouldnt get his btc back.
Activity: 518
October 11, 2014, 02:38:33 PM
the best way i think
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
October 11, 2014, 02:35:33 PM
Guys if it makes you feel better, when this is all done, there will be a TINY amount of coins. I will be shocked if this goes over 50k total. The market will adjust to such a small supply, and each coin will be VERY valuble. There, all fixed now.

Vegas
Pages:
Jump to: