Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 89. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 10, 2014, 05:00:01 PM
With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

This is crypto, not something guaranteed.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

I think those are good signs.

NXT is doing well because they hired James (jl777)
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 10, 2014, 04:56:22 PM
With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

This is crypto, not something guaranteed.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

I think those are good signs.
Activity: 616
October 10, 2014, 04:55:24 PM
He didn't even bother to stake witht all that coinage... noobish move!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/address.dws?468.htm
0_0
October 10, 2014, 04:55:09 PM

Come on! this isn't even funny anymore.
people had put their money on this and have been staking for measly 0.00001 while others get a 269% growth on thier coins and obviousy dumping them because they now have more coins then the others.
this isn't fair and very dissapointing.

if this was the first issue than maybe, maybe, it would have been understandable but come-on man this is the fourth wallet version you released in 48 hrs.

why oh why do i make the same mistakes and trust incompetent devs!!!???

best of luck with your coin. i fucking lost 80% on this shit.

Just have a look at what I said 5 days ago. You could have lost a lot less if you were reading.
Someone rushed to call me troll for saying this.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9103702
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 10, 2014, 04:55:00 PM

people had put their money on this and have been staking for measly 0.00001 while others get a 269% growth on thier coins and obviousy dumping them because they now have more coins then the others.

if this was the first issue than maybe, maybe, it would have been understandable but come-on man this is the fourth wallet version you released in 48 hrs.

I understand your frustration and I'm very sorry. This particular bug is a bug in the POS algorithm in almost all POS coins, not just SeedCoin. Though after looking through a dozen or so other POS coins, some others have seen and made this very tiny and easily missed fix as well - since the difference in code is literally moving "/ COINS" from one place to another.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 10, 2014, 04:54:45 PM
this may be a silly question but is 1 day staking 24 hours or 1440 blocks?

24 hours

thanks
legendary
October 10, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

24 hours
Activity: 38
October 10, 2014, 04:50:53 PM

You only lost if you dumped.

Activity: 30
October 10, 2014, 04:50:51 PM
October 10, 2014, 04:47:02 PM
hmmm, staked 1.5 got 2.69 new balance 4.1932366
but 1.5*2.69 = 4.035 shouldn't new balance be 5.535  Huh

d343ea516a04df6aad757c12306d87590528024ea0bb68e44ac6e10c674f7022 10324

Yeah, I see it. Unfortunately this is part of the same bug. When your age was calculated, it dropped the decimal. This is fixed in the new mandatory wallet algorithm that takes effect in a little over 8 hours. This affects everyone.

Unless you're at .9 or so, and you have enough age to take you over the 1 when the age gets factored in (about 3 hours past 24 hours for .9) then it just rounds the whole lot down.
legendary
October 10, 2014, 04:36:57 PM

You only lost if you dumped.
Activity: 34
October 10, 2014, 04:35:04 PM
For everyone staking 0.00001, nothing will change for another 10 hours or so. I'll leave it up to you whether you wish to continue staking or not, but please update as soon as possible.

Everyone please update your wallets as soon as possible. I will be contacting bittrex and our block explorer to get them to update asap.

There will be no need to delete anything when you update. As long as you're running wallet version 1.0.4.0 right now, you can't help but end up on the correct fork. It's impossible not to.

You will need to delete those files if you update after 10 hours from now though.

legendary
October 10, 2014, 04:30:17 PM
That .99 one will stake fine most likely, but I can't be 100% sure. It depends on how old it is. If it's exactly 24 hours old when it stakes, then no, it'll have the issue. If it's a couple of hours older than that, it'll stake fine.

OK, to best determine my course of action I'm going to need some details. First, what time zone is the wallet on? Since your countdown is on London Time, can I assume the wallet time is also London Time? I'm horrible with time zones, so I'm going to have to convert all my coin dates to my own time zone in order to figure out how old they are.

Second, by "when it stakes" do you mean when the wallet shows an actual staking reward? Or when the coins first go up for staking?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2014, 04:28:27 PM
hmmm, staked 1.5 got 2.69 new balance 4.1932366
but 1.5*2.69 = 4.035 shouldn't new balance be 5.535  Huh

d343ea516a04df6aad757c12306d87590528024ea0bb68e44ac6e10c674f7022 10324
October 10, 2014, 04:25:36 PM
okay so now unlock the new wallet and recycle old wallet and i should be good?

Yeah. That's it.

Feel free to keep it locked for now though if you were experiencing the issue. The change doesn't take effect for about 9 1/2 hours.

I'm wondering if I too should keep my wallet locked until the countdown expires. I do not know if my wallet had those issues, as I didn't stake anything after the switch to 100% POS. I just would hate to have that issue and see my coins stake at 1% right before the countdown expires and then have to wait again for maturation.

Another thing I'm a bit fuzzy on: once coins stake, do they have to wait a certain number of blocks to stake again, or is it literally 24 hours by the clock?

It's literally 24 hours by the clock. If you put your coins into 4 chunks like you were talking about the other day, and each chunk is 1 SEED or more, then there's no reason not to stake right now for you.

Does 0.99 count as 1 seed? One of my larger chunks got divided that way the last time it staked. Are you saying that if I unlock my wallet to stake now, that when I do it will for sure be at 269 percent?

That .99 one will stake fine most likely, but I can't be 100% sure. It depends on how old it is. If it's exactly 24 hours old when it stakes, then no, it'll have the issue. If it's a couple of hours older than that, it'll stake fine.
0_0
October 10, 2014, 04:23:02 PM
Left is Demand, Right is Supply.
Guess what will happen when supply will be 10000x  Grin

Activity: 616
Merit: 253
October 10, 2014, 04:20:27 PM
This coin is a total gongshow

gong show is right - the staking is making no sense at all - people and getting hundreds of coins from POS blocks and I was in the top 20 and have gotten nothing.
legendary
October 10, 2014, 04:19:00 PM
The wallet has a nasty habit of leaving your green staking arrow staking after you've run out of eligible coins. That bug is purely cosmetic though. It would have happened anyway had you closed your old wallet and opened it again. It's all in the reporting side of the code, not in the staking side. It'll turn green again as soon as you have coins that can stake again.

Thanks Smiley
legendary
October 10, 2014, 04:17:12 PM
okay so now unlock the new wallet and recycle old wallet and i should be good?

Yeah. That's it.

Feel free to keep it locked for now though if you were experiencing the issue. The change doesn't take effect for about 9 1/2 hours.

I'm wondering if I too should keep my wallet locked until the countdown expires. I do not know if my wallet had those issues, as I didn't stake anything after the switch to 100% POS. I just would hate to have that issue and see my coins stake at 1% right before the countdown expires and then have to wait again for maturation.

Another thing I'm a bit fuzzy on: once coins stake, do they have to wait a certain number of blocks to stake again, or is it literally 24 hours by the clock?

It's literally 24 hours by the clock. If you put your coins into 4 chunks like you were talking about the other day, and each chunk is 1 SEED or more, then there's no reason not to stake right now for you.

Does 0.99 count as 1 seed? One of my larger chunks got divided that way the last time it staked. Are you saying that if I unlock my wallet to stake now, that when I do it will for sure be at 269 percent?
October 10, 2014, 04:08:38 PM
If you're having this problem, go to %appdata%/seedcoin and delete everything except your wallet.dat. Be very careful not to delete wallet.dat. You may also want to keep your peers.dat and seedcoin.conf if you have one.

Thank you. That worked. One major thing changed, though. My old wallet was showing as staking (green icon and all). My current wallet tells me I'm not staking because I don't have mature coins.This is plausible to me as I thought all my consolidated chunks had staked yesterday evening (with the exception of the one I created yesterday). I was actually surprised to see them as "staking" this morning. Should I view this change as a sign that any issues my old wallet may have had (have not staked since we went to 100% POS) have been resolved with the update?

The wallet has a nasty habit of leaving your green staking arrow staking after you've run out of eligible coins. That bug is purely cosmetic though. It would have happened anyway had you closed your old wallet and opened it again. It's all in the reporting side of the code, not in the staking side. It'll turn green again as soon as you have coins that can stake again.
Pages:
Jump to: