Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 86. (Read 184103 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 10, 2014, 06:49:26 PM
My wallet is stuck at block 3445.... it a windows wallet..... what steps do I take to correct this?

This:
Ok, I figured out what happened with the explorer. I sync'd a preliminary change to github for version 1.0.3.0 that had to be fixed. 1.0.4.0 fixed the problem, I created the commit, and built the wallets, and did the whole announcement, but I ended up syncing the change to the wrong (testing) branch.

All your wallets are fine. If you're stuck on a block before 10348 you'll need to delete your blockchain stuff and resync.

Basically anyone that compiled off the github got a slightly outdated copy of the code, and they staked with the new code creating a fork. No one running on the windows wallets should have any issue, and people on linux will get back on the right chain once they compile the latest source. Sorry >.<
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
October 10, 2014, 06:45:22 PM
My wallet is stuck at block 3445.... it a windows wallet..... what steps do I take to correct this?
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
October 10, 2014, 06:43:45 PM
when is this 269% kicking in?
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
October 10, 2014, 06:37:07 PM
Ones coins are staked they cant stake again for 24 hours? or 1440 blocks? Please only answer if you are certain. also, with my pc off I still gain weight right?

+1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2014, 06:33:23 PM
so what's the status with the people who have chunks of less than 1 Seed? I was thinking about downloading the new wallet on a dif comp and sending my seeds as one bulk transaction to my 2nd wallet. Is that is something that is recommended or are things fixed now? I staked at .00001 for few days. Some clarification on the status of a) the wallet b) the staking situation; would be appreciated. Cheers
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 10, 2014, 06:31:26 PM
Ones coins are staked they cant stake again for 24 hours? or 1440 blocks? Please only answer if you are certain. also, with my pc off I still gain weight right?
Activity: 94
October 10, 2014, 06:30:01 PM
Ok, I figured out what happened with the explorer. I sync'd a preliminary change to github for version 1.0.3.0 that had to be fixed. 1.0.4.0 fixed the problem, I created the commit, and built the wallets, and did the whole announcement, but I ended up syncing the change to the wrong (testing) branch.

All your wallets are fine. If you're stuck on a block before 10348 you'll need to delete your blockchain stuff and resync.

Basically anyone that compiled off the github got a slightly outdated copy of the code, and they staked with the new code creating a fork. No one running on the windows wallets should have any issue, and people on linux will get back on the right chain once they compile the latest source. Sorry >.<

Once again thanks for the hard work and effort put into this.  When will the block explorer be back on the correct block?
Activity: 140
October 10, 2014, 06:26:02 PM

legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:21:01 PM
What are the projections now for the final number of coins by the end of the "growth period"? 10 million? 100 million? 1,000 million? (I believe they call them billions in the US)

I would say ~3-7 million... but it really depends on how many keeps staking7

Really? And someone who started with just 6 seed could get to 1 million by himself? in what short of calculations you base your estimate?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 10, 2014, 06:18:13 PM
What are the projections now for the final number of coins by the end of the "growth period"? 10 million? 100 million? 1,000 million? (I believe they call them billions in the US)

I would say ~3-7 million... but it really depends on how many keeps staking7
legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:17:25 PM
I have some buy orders in, but the price is holding higher than I was expecting, considering the issues so far and the negative posts. It will be an interesting experiment regardless. Cheesy

It's a tough decision, actually, because you know the price will go down the next day just from the increased supply. However, if you wait until the next day, then you miss out on a staking period. Right now I'm just kind of watching it. You know how they say only invest what you can afford to lose... I'm about at that "can afford to lose" limit, but still tempted...

EDIT: Hoo Boy! Glad I didn't buy 20 minutes ago!
legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 10, 2014, 06:12:16 PM
My wallet is stuck at 10316. Anyone else?

Can you do a getblockhash 10316 in the help > debug window ?
Thanks

22:49:36

getblockhash 10316

22:49:36

7c40af3676b764055e574890e902875f9694ac8c489b3fe5c6b728f80086e51f

Looks like I was in sync with the block explorer at 10308:

1b23a0db47bc082a0e03b2cb70a58bf914bdc7779354cce8affa8be5fe62b164

But not at 10309:

f5aaa41ee22463a35bdd6d4947f4ffa12cb7b05cccaf2eabe7fab6a37fd1cf82

The wallet was built from the latest on git and I unlocked it at about that point.

Do I need to resync?
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
October 10, 2014, 06:08:47 PM
Few bumps in the road along the way, but as for quick fixes on a new idea, hats of to the dev, one of the hardest workers i have seen on the alt scene and also helpful this far in, best of luck to all in SEED
If the Dev can work at 50% of what he has after the main event then this coin will be a good hold into the future.

Beef

+1

I'm planning to hold most of mine for the time being, though at some point I'll sell off enough to recoup my investment (I got a bit happy with the mining LOL). I'm actually hemming and hawing about whether or not I should buy some more on BitTrex and try to stake them...

Decisions, decisions!

I have some buy orders in, but the price is holding higher than I was expecting, considering the issues so far and the negative posts. It will be an interesting experiment regardless. Cheesy
legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:05:14 PM
Wallets use UTC, which is currently actually an hour behind London currently - since they participate in daylight savings time.

Thanks. I'm glad I checked because otherwise I would be an hour off. I'm going to lock my wallet until that 24 hrs and 20 minutes has passed, then unlock it again. I'll be glad when the fix gets applied and I don't have to worry about it Smiley
Activity: 297
October 10, 2014, 06:05:04 PM
Few bumps in the road along the way, but as for quick fixes on a new idea, hats of to the dev, one of the hardest workers i have seen on the alt scene and also helpful this far in, best of luck to all in SEED
If the Dev can work at 50% of what he has after the main event then this coin will be a good hold into the future.

Beef

+1  Tongue
legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:03:18 PM

Beef

+1

I'm planning to hold most of mine for the time being, though at some point I'll sell off enough to recoup my investment (I got a bit happy with the mining LOL). I'm actually hemming and hawing about whether or not I should buy some more on BitTrex and try to stake them...

Decisions, decisions!
legendary
October 10, 2014, 06:00:02 PM
Awesome!

I have smaller increments of 0.1 seed to a larger pot. But like you say, I'll wait until the bug is fixed. All good here!

I think people forget that losing money on these things is part of the game. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If I lose then it's my own shitty mistake for making a bad decision; at least you were honest about the coin being experimental.

I have faith because I see you're working hard at this! And not just giving us loads of excuses.

If the haters want to fud this so much then why don't they take their all seeing expert knowledge and mash it into making one of their own coins.

Well that's just it. I'm bound to SEED. But like someone said earlier, I fully expect people to happily fork seed off into shitcoinville so that they can play the game again. But everyone knows where it came from, just as everyone should know that I forked shadowcoin, which I make no secret of. There's some pretty awesome features that they came up with, and they're in seed as well.

Just wait til I clean them up though;) Oh wait, am I not supposed to be doing anything with SeedCoin after growth? Anyone that thinks that and dumps out after growth is going to be sorely disappointed. Once I get this transition smoothed out and am sure that everything is good I'm going to focus on that roadmap. You can likely expect that around Tuesday.

Like clockwork. Inevitable. Wow wow wow...

First of all, you DID hid the fact that you have copy/pasted Shadowcoin. You did, that is, until you were CAUGHT. How could you possibly denied it then?
So, let get the FACTS straight: You copy/pasted Shadowcoin and added the gimmick of the 269%/7 days. That's it. That's the CON you sold. Clear now?

Second of all, I asked, begged you to SPARE ME the big plans you have for the "future" of SEED... we all know them by now: You will post a roadmap and dump everything you got. Con/dev 101...

What are your friends at PINK going to do/say now? What's that I hear? crickets... crickets...
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 10, 2014, 05:59:28 PM

Beef
Activity: 112
October 10, 2014, 05:58:41 PM
Awesome!

I have smaller increments of 0.1 seed to a larger pot. But like you say, I'll wait until the bug is fixed. All good here!

I think people forget that losing money on these things is part of the game. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If I lose then it's my own shitty mistake for making a bad decision; at least you were honest about the coin being experimental.

I have faith because I see you're working hard at this! And not just giving us loads of excuses.

If the haters want to fud this so much then why don't they take their all seeing expert knowledge and mash it into making one of their own coins.

Well that's just it. I'm bound to SEED. But like someone said earlier, I fully expect people to happily fork seed off into shitcoinville so that they can play the game again. But everyone knows where it came from, just as everyone should know that I forked shadowcoin, which I make no secret of. There's some pretty awesome features that they came up with, and they're in seed as well.

Just wait til I clean them up though;) Oh wait, am I not supposed to be doing anything with SeedCoin after growth? Anyone that thinks that and dumps out after growth is going to be sorely disappointed. Once I get this transition smoothed out and am sure that everything is good I'm going to focus on that roadmap. You can likely expect that around Tuesday.

Awesome Smiley

And I can guarantee you I will still have all my SEED sitting there Wink - looking forward to what you have planned!
Pages:
Jump to: