Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 84. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 10, 2014, 10:35:09 PM
we are at block 10390 correct?

Correct. And getting ready for the "Barabbas eats his words for SEED is above 1.5 BTC party", aren't we?

no one is claiming its going to be worth that much, especially this quickly.. but i believe it will retain its value as we grow it.

and yes, it will be a sprouting party  Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 10, 2014, 10:33:56 PM

Yeah, all the nodes are fully updated, and on 10390, as is my personal wallet. That is the block to be on right now.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2014, 10:32:29 PM

Correct. And getting ready for the "Barabbas eats his words for SEED is above 1.5 BTC party", aren't we?
October 10, 2014, 10:31:29 PM
with this new update all I have to do is delete my old wallet and download the new one(yes I backed up my wallet)? Meaning I don't need to do anything in the %appdata% roaming folder?

Also will this make my staking reset?

Yep, that's all you need to do. If you had a really old wallet (pre 1.0.2) you'd need to delete that stuff in %appdata%, but 1.0.4 is fully compatible with the 1.0.2 blockchain.

I really wish we'd call them something else besides wallet. Too much confusion between the wallet program and the wallet.dat file that actually has your coins in it. But that's just me musing to myself, lol.
Activity: 56
October 10, 2014, 10:28:37 PM
Activity: 232
October 10, 2014, 10:27:41 PM
with this new update all I have to do is delete my old wallet and download the new one(yes I backed up my wallet)? Meaning I don't need to do anything in the %appdata% roaming folder?

Yes, correct. But do always keep a backup of your wallet.dat file.

regards Anoxy
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 10, 2014, 10:10:37 PM

October 10, 2014, 08:51:59 PM
Here is a example what not to do. Look at the guy with 27 seeds for sale at .033. Having all those on one price just scare buyers. If you want out, that's fine, but do it slowly, not all at once.

The main thing that's "scaring" me as a buyer right now is Cryptzo's message saying that if BitTrex was running one of the older wallets, we might not be able to send or receive Seed. When I saw that I canceled my buy order until further notice.

So Cryptzo, is BitTrex current or not?

They're updating to current right now.
Activity: 31
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 10, 2014, 08:15:35 PM
Here is a example what not to do. Look at the guy with 27 seeds for sale at .033. Having all those on one price just scare buyers. If you want out, that's fine, but do it slowly, not all at once.

The main thing that's "scaring" me as a buyer right now is Cryptzo's message saying that if BitTrex was running one of the older wallets, we might not be able to send or receive Seed. When I saw that I canceled my buy order until further notice.

So Cryptzo, is BitTrex current or not?
legendary
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 10, 2014, 08:13:13 PM
Activity: 31
October 10, 2014, 08:11:15 PM
Thanks for the update, with the new wallet is there any point of sending coins to another wallet as one transaction or is this issue fixed with the new release?

What's the issue with sending coins to another wallet as one transaction? I know there's an old issue with basically every POS coin where the coins are in so many pieces that you need to break it up into multiple transactions, but that's not something that can be fixed on it's own. I plan on working on a fix to the POS system itself so it doesn't create quite so many pieces in your wallet, but that will come later and certainly wont be rushed.

I'm actually wondering if sending all my seeds to my 2nd wallet is the correct move. All of the seed in my wallet has been sent there in small chunks. Do you recommend sending one transaction to the new wallet?

You can send to yourself, as in back into the same wallet--just use the receiving address. Those coins will be like new. Use the coin control feature to pick which exact coins you want to send so you can reset them as it were.

How can I use the coin control feature?
Activity: 55
October 10, 2014, 08:08:26 PM
that did the trick, don't you guys love all my Noob questions  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 927
October 10, 2014, 08:00:32 PM
I don't have unlock / lock under setting win7 wallet?

duh, I forgot about setting a passcode first! - thanks!
Activity: 55
October 10, 2014, 07:58:25 PM
I don't have unlock / lock under setting win7 wallet?
Activity: 297
October 10, 2014, 07:57:00 PM
v1.0.4.0-unk --> Settings, Lock/Unlock Wallet
legendary
October 10, 2014, 07:56:16 PM
Just so i am on the same page , how do you lock the wallet?

+1

doesn't seem there is a 'lock' option for the new update...

Have you encrypted your wallet? Don't lose the password once you do. The Lock Wallet option is under settings.
legendary
Activity: 927
October 10, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
Just so i am on the same page , how do you lock the wallet?

+1

doesn't seem there is a 'lock' option for the new update...
legendary
October 10, 2014, 07:43:26 PM
So locking the wallet and stopping stake prior to countdown is the correct action if less than 1 seedcoin? im reading that from wiser who I don't think is the dev.

That's a strategy I highly recommend at the moment. Yes. But at the same time, the more people that do this, the fewer blocks that there will be.

There is one thing to be aware of. The very first person to stake after that clock ends will get run through the old code, and there's not much I can do about this, because I have to base the changeover on a block that already got accepted into the network. If I did it on the submitted block we'd end up in forksville again - in fact, that's exactly what happened on my first update and why everything went crazy. I learned from that mistake and we're not going there again.

But only the first person? What about the second person? Do they stake normally?

Being that lucky first would be like winning the lottery in reverse Wink
Pages:
Jump to: