Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 97. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 10, 2014, 09:34:04 AM
send me 1 btc, and I will send you your own virtual key for your wallet. I will need your wallet.dat also.... Grin
Activity: 434
October 10, 2014, 09:32:57 AM
We have just hit block 10000  Grin

Less than an hour, these things are zipping past now
Activity: 440
October 10, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
Guys it really is not that complicated.

Step1. Put coins in wallet and unlock wallet
Step 2. Wait 24 hours for your coins to start staking(This does NOT mean u will stake some coins in 24 hours, it more than likely will take longer)
Step 3.Earn coins from staking the coins in your wallet

Now there are ways to maximize the amount of coins you will receive, but that is up to you. I simply  started staking about 10 hours ago. I figured by the time we hit growth period I will need maybe a couple more hours of staking before I am ready for some coins.

How do you "unlock" a wallet ?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 10, 2014, 09:30:28 AM
We have just hit block 10000  Grin
Activity: 434
October 10, 2014, 09:27:47 AM
Well we are likely to hit growth period in an hour or so...
October 10, 2014, 09:26:20 AM
Guys it really is not that complicated.

Step1. Put coins in wallet and unlock wallet
Step 2. Wait 24 hours for your coins to start staking(This does NOT mean u will stake some coins in 24 hours, it more than likely will take longer)
Step 3.Earn coins from staking the coins in your wallet

Now there are ways to maximize the amount of coins you will receive, but that is up to you. I simply  started staking about 10 hours ago. I figured by the time we hit growth period I will need maybe a couple more hours of staking before I am ready for some coins.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 10, 2014, 09:24:17 AM
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
October 10, 2014, 09:10:52 AM
to gain more weight on the network for staking, it's better to have all your coins in one transaction.
There are three ways to do that.
1. Send them all to yourself (same address)

2. If you have 2 computers, install wallet on both computers, let both wallets to completely sync and send all your coins from one to the other.

3. Close wallet, Move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 1st wallet), start wallet so it creates a new wallet.dat, copy the new receive address, close wallet, move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 2nd wallet). Replace your old wallet.dat, send all your coins to the address of the second wallet, and then replace the old wallet.dat with the new wallet.dat.

I know the first option is easier but, I experienced a very bad luck with another coin one year ago, where all my coins were stuck on the network for ever (0/5 confirmations) when I tried to send all my coins to the same address. People here, stated that they did it with success.
The third option a bit confusing and you should be extremely careful not to make any mistake while replacing/moving the wallets.

I did the third with success.

I thought staking was based on date coin were mined and would be applied to all coins - wouldn't this process negate that ?
Activity: 308
October 10, 2014, 08:46:55 AM

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

I normally try to stay positive but find this information very disappointing.

Come on... give him a break. The information is all there on the OP. It is not his job to spell out all the possible outcomes of every possible strategy. That's the whole point; for the people to figure out the best method themselves. You could sell your seeds on the second day (while everyone is staking, and hardly any sellers), then buy on the 4th day for real cheap and stake everything you bought for 3 days. For all you know, the guy staking till the 7th day will have a lot of coins, without any buyers on the market. And those trends (if any) are visible from far for the trained eye. No way is someone going to stake to get 25% of the coin supply, for an overall net loss.

I have been quite supportive and positive in the thread up until I read this.  I am allowed to express my disappointment in the dev withholding the information that would have yielded a fairer distribution of the coin.   I did not attack him nor did I accuse him of intentionally deceiving the community.  While you say the information is all in the OP there is also a lot of misinformation.  Although I do not believe it was intentional it doesn't mean that it was black and white.  It states that their will be 1% stake for the first week and 269% for the following week period.  Everybody was encouraged to stake to reduce the number of coins and not "miss" out on compounding interest however 1 week of 1%annual compound interest is no where close to 1883% you would get if you didn't stake for the first week and opened your wallet for staking on the first day.  While I also don't hold the dev responsible for the full 7 days he admits that multiple people asked him privately about the issue if it would come out that way and when he realized he decided not to inform the community of this flaw.  I always like numbers and the discussed outcome was floating around 5-10 million coins MAX although it could have actually been higher then 30 million coins if nobody had staked.

My post had nothing to do with the price of the coin nor making a profit or loss it had to do with disappointment that inside knowledge of a few could drastically change the distribution of coins held by any one person.  I never stated that 1 person could own 25% I said Judging by the numbers on the rich list it is quite possible now that 4-5 people as long as they stake for the full 7 days could own 25% of the coins however it is also possible they could receive more; this is strictly the numbers as they are presented now.  I was always planning on mining/buying and staking with long term views that Cryptzo would deliver a fantastic project.  My post is there to express my disappointment and encourage Cryptzo to share all information when discovered especially if it can benefit a few and hurt the community as a whole.  I understand there is no way around it now, other then to just let it run its course but I truly hope from now on Cryptzo follows the Pink coin team on path filled with Altruism!
October 10, 2014, 08:31:15 AM
LOL is anyone watching Bittrex, Seed coin is getting ready to sell out. This is going to be fun to watch. I think everyone was waiting till the last minute to buy.

a little update..

we are on block 9874. Growth period starts at 10101 I think.

I feel like alot of the buy offers are there just to tempt ppl into moving their seed around.... "Last second" was really yesterday if you want coins to be mature for the beginning of growth..

edit:  right now the PoS difficulty is
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00000299

any guesses what it will be at block 10110?..
October 10, 2014, 08:24:21 AM
LOL is anyone watching Bittrex, Seed coin is getting ready to sell out. This is going to be fun to watch. I think everyone was waiting till the last minute to buy.

a little update..

we are on block 9874. Growth period starts at 10101 I think.
October 10, 2014, 08:22:03 AM
By not fixing this HUGE problem (I dont give a shit if its posted in the op that 7 days is max stake) this is no better than when midas posted about their "secondary chain" (ltc).  The fact that it isnt being dealt with makes me extremely suspicious.  But at this point its too late to sell really (also bullshit that the "trick" came out only once it was too late to take advantage of...

btw I have almost 4 seed and im worried, those with under 1 seed are going to get FUCKED i think, but at least they probably dont have much invested. There is going to be a LARGE group in the middle that DID spend some btc accumulating that is going to get shit on. If I could do it quickly and safely I would sell my whole wallet. almost 4 seed totally mature. Do ppl ever do that?
October 10, 2014, 08:20:00 AM

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

Come on... give him a break. The information is all there on the OP. It is not his job to spell out all the possible outcomes of every possible strategy. That's the whole point; for the people to figure out the best method themselves. You could sell your seeds on the second day (while everyone is staking, and hardly any sellers), then buy on the 4th day for real cheap and stake everything you bought for 3 days. For all you know, the guy staking till the 7th day will have a lot of coins, without any buyers on the market. And those trends (if any) are visible from far for the trained eye. No way is someone going to stake to get 25% of the coin supply, for an overall net loss.

Fuck giving him a break. He probably cursed seed to a premature death. The greedy guys that have been staking for days are gonna kick themselves in the ass when no one wants to buy their huge stacks of coins....
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 10, 2014, 08:05:00 AM

Activity: 550
October 10, 2014, 07:44:47 AM
Mined at Supernova since start and had not one problem - like always
Activity: 232
October 10, 2014, 07:39:11 AM
So one should not stake until the growth period?

I have ICO bought seedcoins in My wallet.. But they do not stake now.. They staked earlier but yesterday it was running many hours without staking?? What is the issue?dont wanna miss the growth period.

Regards Anoxy
Activity: 490
0_0
October 10, 2014, 07:01:25 AM
there are 10 SEED in minerpools
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 10, 2014, 06:28:08 AM
Anyone else think it's highly suspicious that minerpools have been unable to withdraw for 2 days now....and with the POS coming up fast... the site says its a problem with the cron.... so it takes 2 days to sort a cron job does it?? methinks they're one of the large wallets...... just my 0.02$..

Yep, I shouldn't have trusted them. They're just going to keep my coins and grow them. Bastards.

You guys can try this: http://seed.lifeforce.info/

I mined in here for at least 3 days and no issues whatsoever, apart from the odd "investigating issues in the back end" which was all sorted every time within a few hours.

Took all my coins out now. Smiley
Activity: 161
October 10, 2014, 06:22:57 AM
Anyone else think it's highly suspicious that minerpools have been unable to withdraw for 2 days now....and with the POS coming up fast... the site says its a problem with the cron.... so it takes 2 days to sort a cron job does it?? methinks they're one of the large wallets...... just my 0.02$..

Yep, I shouldn't have trusted them. They're just going to keep my coins and grow them. Bastards.
Activity: 308
October 10, 2014, 06:11:33 AM
Pages:
Jump to: