Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SGL] Sigil - Decentralized, 0% Fee Crowdfunding - page 12. (Read 42078 times)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100
blockchain is created exactly for projects like this, great job guys! meaningful at least to me
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
I don't get anymore any POS block. This means that something happened... What about dev wallet staking ?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
SIGIL TWEET: https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/964193638426308608

Near the top of the volume charts at @StocksExchangeR with big price gains as well this week. It reflects the hard work we're doing!
Activity: 61
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Hello, Do you have new about the pool ? we can't connect on it ?
Activity: 28
The official mining pool is still down. whats happening devs?

There is information on official mining pool:

×  We are investigating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Blockupdate disabled, blocks and transactions confirmations are delayed
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being
Activity: 5
The official mining pool is still down. whats happening devs?
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Dev has not been online a few days
What happened ?
SIGIL TWEET https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963948018494996480

$SGL is #2 on @StocksExchangeR! More volume than Ethereum and Litecoin — Big marketing campaign continues through the next week!

Launched our first ad campaign

https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963847524531490816 and https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963847138068320256

Both are running as Twitter ads — same caption with different pictures so we can A/B test them to see which photo is best to use. If they work well, we'll be ramping up the Twitter marketing campaign quite aggressively. Hopefully, we see an increase in trading volume as a result — maybe enough to secure a listing on Coinmarketcap.com!
The mining pool is being fixed now. Remember, this week's focus is on onboarding new team members so that we have more hands on deck fixing these issues, and in a lot of cases, stopping them before they even happen!
Activity: 5
hey Dev(s), the official mining pool seems to be down again. getting various connection/auth issues and duplicate job submissions/etc/etc from this pool. whats happening guys?
Activity: 72
Devs keep saying they will not stop staking because they need fund for platform development. Funny thing I have not seen any development in last month and they keep staking it. As mentioned before they will make changes on mining platform: raise mining fee from 0 to 2%. Staking was not enough to raise your funds? Joke.
And they keep staking. Once this coin reach 5000 sat they will drop their coins to raise fund and someone from slack will say "good, nice project, Devs need money for platform development"  Angry
Crypto world is the Wild West. They launch these projects with no plan, strategy or team. Have an idea and fork some sh**coin, pay for a nice website and design a roadmap on paintbrush, thats it!
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
    Hello, Devs!
Don't you think, it's much better to clarify the situation with this coin? Community needs transperancy. May be so many statements about "dead coin" and "dishonest POS stacking"  without answers are not very good for SGL and its market growth? This project has so great idea, it would be very sad, if it will ruin because of marketing and communications issues...
    I know you work hard on SigilGo and need noney for development. So may be if you will listen to community and speak sometimes, it will be better for everybody? It may attract people, rise SGL on exchenge, so you will have more USD for SGL development (possibly without staking premine)))?
    Wish good luck and big future to this project!

See, and that's what I'm saying; if SGL goes up in value, the premine will be MORE then enough to cover any of the costs associated with development. Unfortunately, some of the devs continue to stake, and the only thing that it tells me is that A) They don't see SGL ever going anywhere or B) they're greedy, extremely greedy.
People saying "Dead coin" are misinformed, and I recommend joining our slack to catch all of our active updates: https://join.slack.com/t/sigilplatform/shared_invite/enQtMjk2NzEyMDAyMjA4LTk0OThiOWEwZmRhZWVlMDlhNmZlNjIxZDJhY2I2ZWExZGYzNGM5OTFiNjhmN2M2YTM0MjA5MDEzNTIwYjgzMDM

We're very active in the Slack, but not as much on Bitcointalk.

• One of the big things we did over the weekend was bring aboard a new team member to help redesign the desktop mac, windows, and linux wallets. We all know that those facets of Sigil could use an upgrade.
  • Last night, I met with the team member who manages the Sigilmining.com mining pool. He wants to take on a bigger role on Sigil's back end and will help bring big improvements to Sigil's PoS system through upgrading the Sigil wallet code.
  • Yesterday, I met with our upcoming Community Director. This is a new position (and new team member) we will be adding who will be the spokesperson for the company.
     His role will be to make sure that updates are equally distributed throughout the Sigil forums (Slack, bitcointalk, reddit, etc.). This should be a big improvement because I'll admit that I haven't been the best at updating all of our forums equally (I love Slack!). He'll also will likely be working under a non-anonymous role, so you'll begin to get a glimpse into the team's identity behind Sigil.

Plans for this next week
  • Onboard and help settle the three new team members into their new positions
  • Plan and carry out (maybe carry out next week) aa marketing directive to hopefully help increase exchange volume for Sigil on https://stocks.exchange/trade/SGL/BTC
  • Increase awareness about where Sigil is traded
  • Finish up squashing little bugs and errors on Sigilplatform.com

We've got a great week ahead!
Activity: 7
Merit: 2
    Hello, Devs!
Don't you think, it's much better to clarify the situation with this coin? Community needs transperancy. May be so many statements about "dead coin" and "dishonest POS stacking"  without answers are not very good for SGL and its market growth? This project has so great idea, it would be very sad, if it will ruin because of marketing and communications issues...
    I know you work hard on SigilGo and need noney for development. So may be if you will listen to community and speak sometimes, it will be better for everybody? It may attract people, rise SGL on exchenge, so you will have more USD for SGL development (possibly without staking premine)))?
    Wish good luck and big future to this project!
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
Thank You, Dev's.
Your team killed this project by your overstacking, as i say'd before.
... Miracle did not happen.

Wink yes coin dead
Activity: 14
New pool added
Code:
ccminer -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://www.easyminingpool.org:4233 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=SGL
pause
0% mining pool fee for the next one month guaranteed
www.easyminingpool.org
Activity: 19
So your argument is: because difficulty is low, miners will hodl and stake more? Lol oh boy. Just take the L on this one.

Well I know I would not be selling the coin at 600 sats (it is actually lower than ETN, that is astounding). That is what market value is right now. Everyone holding means more coins, means higher PoS difficulty. Interestingly enough if you check PoS difficulty it has gone up, double actually from last week. I don't feel like the coin supply has doubled. However the volume has dropped and value has dropped. Seems like a quite simple assumption to make at this point. Even I have stepped back my large miners from this and only have 6-7KH/s mining towards it to grab some of the PoW low difficulty, but my other 23KH/s is elsewhere in a coin most have not heard of.
Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Can you update the wallet so it does this Dev's? It would remove a lot of the questions. This is the QT wallet for honey coin.

>assuming it doesn't shoot up in difficulty which it will based on the low difficulty to mine.

Actually, mining difficulty doesn't affect how fast SGL is released, thus it won't epic the staking difficulty. The amount of SGL released is fixed regardless of how many or how few miners there are. Come on cdawall, this is basic stuff. I expect you to understand these kinds of things.

Most of the miners I assuming are holding the coins, because they are not worth as much. Constant transactions kill staking difficulty since the new coins cannot stake if they do not sit in a wallet. That was the reasoning behind my comment. It was a large assumption based on who I see mining and their comments however.

So your argument is: because difficulty is low, miners will hodl and stake more? Lol oh boy. Just take the L on this one.
Pages:
Jump to: