Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 137. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is there still planning for shift to go pos at 8 mil coins?

There is not a hard number at which pos will be activated since there is no reference implementation of proof of stake for the ethereum codebase yet. The difference between pos and pow is simply a different consensus algorithm.

At some point we will introduce staking nodes which are in a way similar to proof of stake as they reward users for having a balance / collateral in an active wallet, thus supporting the network by acting as a node.

Hope that answers the question Smiley
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Is there still planning for shift to go pos at 8 mil coins?
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.

Until some real progress is demonstrated this latest fork looks like a desperate attempt to pump the current price. I hope that is not the case.

Currently we are coding contract interaction via phantom. We commit new code every day... if this is not real progress, im not sure what is. Maybe you can tell me what you want to see so we can assure you that we are working very very hard? We also have two new devs in the team which is not shown in this ANN. Ralfs and Bitcause.

https://github.com/shiftcurrency?tab=activity

Activity: 241
The development team, you will work for 5+. Do you like statistics which is now observed after the change Huh
Activity: 308
Coin is seriously undervalued,also the new wallet looks dopee  Grin

I'm continuing to mine this coin,also I bought some more SHIFT just in case  Wink

now im back mining ethereum, then selling my ethereum to btc and buying shift, thats give me more shift than i mining it, because if im mining using genoil the hashrate unstable, but claymore more stable. now use claymore and mining eth.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
i wish i had a few of these to hold this looks as if it will do well

I'd expect the price to go down a little further: the big wallet at Bittrex is moving. He_she sells chunks of it, which effectively reduces its price. But it looks relatively careful: the dumps are of a proportion that can seemingly be handled by the buying side. Nevertheless, it does supress the price. Once this wallet stops moving, things might be interesting again.
(Sorry, sleep-deprived rambling. Could be completely wrong here)
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.

Until some real progress is demonstrated this latest fork looks like a desperate attempt to pump the current price. I hope that is not the case.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
dumped your coin...no support...sorry...was a good idea, just undisciplined and losing hashpower and getting delisted at markets...pity...

this is called manipulation of the market, that this was not the community up to the market to participate actively, creating support costs and do not just stand on the price of 1000 Satoshi, but to raise the purchase price and buy out the volume at the keypad, thereby reducing its impact on the market, and distribute it assets, it was impossible to make a big dumping. This should be dealt with, and the development team, which should be a money manager, not just programmers. otherwise, we will always see what one person will always push the market and do not give him to grow up in value.

Isn't the whole point of crypto to be trust less and believe in the math??  What you suggest is no different than the fiat model and the Fed.  It's already concerning that the dev team made a significant change, especially without community consent, and we're seeing the consequences.  Changing the block reward, which changes the inflation, is exactly what the Fed tries to do by changing interest rates to increase or decrease inflation.  In my eyes this move was unforgivable.

In an ideal world it should be, but the reality is different. While you want a natural price discovery, each and every market depends on liquidity providers. This is the case for every trading commodity, whether it is Bitcoin, Dollar, Corn, Gold or SHIFT.

There are two sides to a cryptocurrency: miners and investors. While miners secure the blockchain and process transactions, investors buy, hold and sell. High inflation unfairly rewards miners who create constant sell pressure, high deflation eventually leads to an unsecured network if supply outweighs demand. Neither inflationary nor deflationary currencies are worth striving for, the middle ground is. The decision wasn't easy but in retrospect we have been incredibly rewarding for miners ever since the V1 launch and had to adjust our model to give credit to speculative investors.

If you look at the 600+ currencies listed on Coinmarketcap, you cannot say that even 1 is truly 100% decentralized, not even Bitcoin. Is hosting our downloads on GitHub centralization? Are 5 developers, marketers and designers managing this coin centralization? Is our sole correspondence in a Slack group centralization? The answer to all is yes. But that is a necessity to develop SHIFT and provide the best service to our community that we can.

However, we do not advertise SHIFT as a decentralized currency with only the little most necessary form of governance. Our intention will always be to bring the brightest minds into our team to make the best decisions we agree on to bring to live our flagship product: a decentralized, uncensored, immutable and distributed network to host content for every person on this globe.

And that is a sensitive process which will always need adjustment and interference from the team. But it will always be to the highest and most honorable standards with the pure intention to deliver an unrivaled, groundbreaking product everyone can benefit from, miners as well as speculators as well as users.

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.
Activity: 21
Looks like epool.io has gone away
Activity: 468
Do you see the pattern in this tendency?

Expanse

Shift

everything at its time  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov

Bleutrade not answering me..

No reply either so far but we'll stay on it.

While not the fastest they are usually reliable to sort things out.

Seems like Bleutrade is running now with the last version.
All OK now.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
shift is so undervalued should easily get to 20 cents, with the mining reward and strong market
Activity: 671
Merit: 505
Do you see the pattern in this tendency?

Expanse

Shift

No reply either so far but we'll stay on it.

While not the fastest they are usually reliable to sort things out.

Activity: 308
anyone succes using claymore mining ?
i want to use claymore but i get some problem and can't connect
Activity: 30

The project is making really good progress. You can buy some on bittrex. Hopefully poloniex will add shift to its exchange soon.
Activity: 294
please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov

Seems like they already delisted Shift from their exchange, and not updated to the last version.
All the Shift coins there are stuck.  Huh

Worst possible situation then.. We will contact them and assist in updating so users can remove their coins.

Thanks!

Any success today ?

dumped your coin...no support...sorry...was a good idea, just undisciplined and losing hashpower and getting delisted at markets...pity...

this is called manipulation of the market, that this was not the community up to the market to participate actively, creating support costs and do not just stand on the price of 1000 Satoshi, but to raise the purchase price and buy out the volume at the keypad, thereby reducing its impact on the market, and distribute it assets, it was impossible to make a big dumping. This should be dealt with, and the development team, which should be a money manager, not just programmers. otherwise, we will always see what one person will always push the market and do not give him to grow up in value.

Isn't the whole point of crypto to be trust less and believe in the math??  What you suggest is no different than the fiat model and the Fed.  It's already concerning that the dev team made a significant change, especially without community consent, and we're seeing the consequences.  Changing the block reward, which changes the inflation, is exactly what the Fed tries to do by changing interest rates to increase or decrease inflation.  In my eyes this move was unforgivable.

In an ideal world it should be, but the reality is different. While you want a natural price discovery, each and every market depends on liquidity providers. This is the case for every trading commodity, whether it is Bitcoin, Dollar, Corn, Gold or SHIFT.

There are two sides to a cryptocurrency: miners and investors. While miners secure the blockchain and process transactions, investors buy, hold and sell. High inflation unfairly rewards miners who create constant sell pressure, high deflation eventually leads to an unsecured network if supply outweighs demand. Neither inflationary nor deflationary currencies are worth striving for, the middle ground is. The decision wasn't easy but in retrospect we have been incredibly rewarding for miners ever since the V1 launch and had to adjust our model to give credit to speculative investors.

If you look at the 600+ currencies listed on Coinmarketcap, you cannot say that even 1 is truly 100% decentralized, not even Bitcoin. Is hosting our downloads on GitHub centralization? Are 5 developers, marketers and designers managing this coin centralization? Is our sole correspondence in a Slack group centralization? The answer to all is yes. But that is a necessity to develop SHIFT and provide the best service to our community that we can.

However, we do not advertise SHIFT as a decentralized currency with only the little most necessary form of governance. Our intention will always be to bring the brightest minds into our team to make the best decisions we agree on to bring to live our flagship product: a decentralized, uncensored, immutable and distributed network to host content for every person on this globe.

And that is a sensitive process which will always need adjustment and interference from the team. But it will always be to the highest and most honorable standards with the pure intention to deliver an unrivaled, groundbreaking product everyone can benefit from, miners as well as speculators as well as users.

Activity: 30

It is in line with keeping to a 50 second block time while keeping the inflation consistent. 1 shf every 50 seconds is a lot better than 2 shf every 15 seconds long term.
Jump to: