Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 134. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I've been following Expanse a lot lately, and they've been doing great. The main difference between this group and the Expanse team is how to communicate with the community. The Expanse slack is very useful.  What ways do you guys use, because I couldn't find a good place.

can't you see the real difference between SHF and EXP? Expanse has 10 mil at so called DAO account controlled by unknowns, premined coins waiting to be dumped -> http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/account/0xbb94f0ceb32257275b2a7a9c094c13e469b4563e
Coinmarketcap shows fake total coins number (2,066,139 EXP instead of 12,066,139 EXP). EXP team hid 10 mil EXP account, this way they are misleading investors about real marketcap that shows that EXP is probably 5x overpriced now. The truth is that these premined and hidden coins exist on their blockchain and can be dumped by EXP team at any time.

Read the other day that the number of available coins is actually 3 Million but they won't fix their block explorer API so CMC doesn't display correctly Grin

The main difference between SHIFT and EXP is that SHIFT is developing unique additions to their codebase. Check the EXP github, there's almost no contributions. But don't worry, they are having a hard time selling their vaporware recently. Charts don't lie Wink

Jesus christ. It's is the blind leading the blind over here at this shit show. The difference between SHT and EXP is the community trust EXP 10x more than they trust SHT. The charts dont lie Wink The community doesnt give a single fuck about arbitrary code changes like adding sql. Don't take my word for it, compare the market caps between EXP and SHT then come over the the EXP thread and fud for free forum bumps. It's not a conspiracy polo doesn't add SHT there is just no reason what so ever to trust anon scammers and a double premined coin. SHT is doomed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

That's obviously wrong.  Miners Zone must be doing some kind of update.  So I login to my Phantom Wallet.  It's showing me a balance of 1,317.89133318.  Ok, now I'm getting concerned.  I check the transactions and there is not a time stamp on any of them, they all show x Hrs ago, so I can't verify much here.

In the end, overnight there are issues and discrepancies between what Miner Zone is reporting and the official Phantome Wallet is reporting and I am missing over 600 SHF.

I would suggest that others check their balances very closely.  There have been several times that mining pools have crossed over the 51% threshold...

Hi darkjack,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.. you're missing one or more payment(s) from Miner's Zone?

From your transaction id I get to the address 970abdbf7b05333573ef19c4394db989d07f078c which shows 1,914.743168683 SHIFT. Is that your wallet? The balance seems to add up to what you describe.

We have had reports of malicious miners trying to send invalid mining data to pools, so we're very interested to see if any of our users have been affected by this.

Can you join us on Slack? I'm sure we can sort this out and get your coins back!

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Trouble in Paradise

So, I login to Miners Zone this morning to check on my miners when Lo and behold it's showing me I have Total Paid: 12.95127328 and a Pending Balance: 0.57510825.  I check the wallet address, it's correct.  I check the payouts tab:

Your Latest Payouts
7/31/2016, 12:34:51 PM, 0xd3494041d3d16060662da6a3154eb0adb617048f6f74c22c0e2897c8992753b8, 12.95127328

[EDIT: That is the only payout it's showing.]

That's obviously wrong.  Miners Zone must be doing some kind of update.  So I login to my Phantom Wallet.  It's showing me a balance of 1,317.89133318.  Ok, now I'm getting concerned.  I check the transactions and there is not a time stamp on any of them, they all show x Hrs ago, so I can't verify much here.

In the end, overnight there are issues and discrepancies between what Miner Zone is reporting and the official Phantome Wallet is reporting and I am missing over 600 SHF.

I would suggest that others check their balances very closely.  There have been several times that mining pools have crossed over the 51% threshold...

How do I create a smart contract to register a domain?  That feature is not unlocked in the wallet yet.  Also when will additional features be unlocked in the wallet so I can use the tech that shift is selling?

We are currently developing the DNS function. Contracts on Phantom are working already in our closed alpha, however we need to rewrite a lot of the send / receive method for compatibility.

There's no hard date for a new milestone release but we are parallely working on a simple site deploy feature where you can login to ShiftHub and create your very own page to distribute on Phantom.

As for using the tech SHIFT is selling: you are already using it. The wallet is "nothing more" than a Phantom site authored and distributed by us and seeded by your peers Smiley

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
http://shf.miners-zone.net has been updated.

Sorry for 30 mins downtime. I made some reorganizations on server box. I needed sent all payments to miners before I could remove completely database since we updated pool software (which adding new feautures and protections against attackers) which needed changed database structure. So everything goes from scratch. Also I updated to latest gshift v3.0.1 for better compatibility and speed with pool software. Thanks and sorry for incoviences.
Activity: 48
I've been following Expanse a lot lately, and they've been doing great. The main difference between this group and the Expanse team is how to communicate with the community. The Expanse slack is very useful.  What ways do you guys use, because I couldn't find a good place.

can't you see the real difference between SHF and EXP? Expanse has 10 mil at so called DAO account controlled by unknowns, premined coins waiting to be dumped -> http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/account/0xbb94f0ceb32257275b2a7a9c094c13e469b4563e
Coinmarketcap shows fake total coins number (2,066,139 EXP instead of 12,066,139 EXP). EXP team hid 10 mil EXP account, this way they are misleading investors about real marketcap that shows that EXP is probably 5x overpriced now. The truth is that these premined and hidden coins exist on their blockchain and can be dumped by EXP team at any time.

Read the other day that the number of available coins is actually 3 Million but they won't fix their block explorer API so CMC doesn't display correctly Grin

The main difference between SHIFT and EXP is that SHIFT is developing unique additions to their codebase. Check the EXP github, there's almost no contributions. But don't worry, they are having a hard time selling their vaporware recently. Charts don't lie Wink
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Where is white paper?
What is your vision for 5 years?
How much Shift (SHIFT) coins will be in existence after 1,2 or 5 years?
Why these tokes could be valuable in the future? What can I do with them?
Is this crypto token related to zeronet.io project, if yes - how?
What does it mean "Based on Ethereum"? Will you need to burn gas to run you chain on top of ETH? How much will it cost?

Hi m1000, thanks for your interest. Let me answer our questions.

Where is white paper?

We do not have a whitepaper per se. Most of what is titled "whitepaper" in crypto would not hold up to academic standards, it's merely a write up of simple thoughts hosted outside of Bitcointalk. A lot of the info you would find in such a whitepaper can be found on the first page or in the thread.

That being said, we have to apologize for the lack of information collected in a central place, so we will be providing extensive information about SHIFT and Phantom here very soon.

We wouldn't even reach as far as 5 years, many of our goals can be reached sooner. The initial thought behind SHIFT was to provide a completely decentralized way to interact with Dapps. Currently Ethereum's smart contracts are decentralized in nature due to the blockchain, but the frontends still rely on a centralized solution (aka web service provider). A current example of this would be Augur, who had to postpone their launch due to legal issues in the United States.

Shortly after starting work on implementing and extending Zeronet's technology for Phantom we saw a much bigger opportunity. We are building a completely decentralized internet where users will never have to rely on or pay server, VPS or other service providers. Users choosing to host a Shift Node will even receive a share of the block reward for their bandwidth. This goes for services such as website hosting, decentralized marketplaces, messaging, email, direct monetization for content creators and Dapp creation.

We have ~74000 coins minted monthly or a little less than 500000 in 6 months.

SHIFT will be used as a means of payment on Phantom. Our most prominent example would be domain registration via smart contract, where you have to deposit a certain number of coins to secure a domain, e.g. m1000blog.shift. Keep in mind this is just one of many examples resulting from the aforementioned technology.

No. We are not affiliated with Zeronet at this time.

What does it mean "Based on Ethereum"? Will you need to burn gas to run you chain on top of ETH? How much will it cost?

Based on Ethereum means SHIFT is the first alternative fork of Ethereum. We use the same codebase as ETH.

This is just a short summary of what SHIFT is. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask or join us on Slack for direct correspondence Smiley

How do I create a smart contract to register a domain?  That feature is not unlocked in the wallet yet.  Also when will additional features be unlocked in the wallet so I can use the tech that shift is selling?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

Where is white paper?

Hi m1000, thanks for your interest. Let me answer our questions.

Where is white paper?

We do not have a whitepaper per se. Most of what is titled "whitepaper" in crypto would not hold up to academic standards, it's merely a write up of simple thoughts hosted outside of Bitcointalk. A lot of the info you would find in such a whitepaper can be found on the first page or in the thread.

That being said, we have to apologize for the lack of information collected in a central place, so we will be providing extensive information about SHIFT and Phantom here very soon.

We wouldn't even reach as far as 5 years, many of our goals can be reached sooner. The initial thought behind SHIFT was to provide a completely decentralized way to interact with Dapps. Currently Ethereum's smart contracts are decentralized in nature due to the blockchain, but the frontends still rely on a centralized solution (aka web service provider). A current example of this would be Augur, who had to postpone their launch due to legal issues in the United States.

Shortly after starting work on implementing and extending Zeronet's technology for Phantom we saw a much bigger opportunity. We are building a completely decentralized internet where users will never have to rely on or pay server, VPS or other service providers. Users choosing to host a Shift Node will even receive a share of the block reward for their bandwidth. This goes for services such as website hosting, decentralized marketplaces, messaging, email, direct monetization for content creators and Dapp creation.

We have ~74000 coins minted monthly or a little less than 500000 in 6 months.

SHIFT will be used as a means of payment on Phantom. Our most prominent example would be domain registration via smart contract, where you have to deposit a certain number of coins to secure a domain, e.g. m1000blog.shift. Keep in mind this is just one of many examples resulting from the aforementioned technology.

No. We are not affiliated with Zeronet at this time.

Based on Ethereum means SHIFT is the first alternative fork of Ethereum. We use the same codebase as ETH.

This is just a short summary of what SHIFT is. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask or join us on Slack for direct correspondence Smiley

just join the shift slack channel, there is talking going and you can have help about many questions.
i dont know if you need to pm one of the devs or if its auto invite, maybe someone who knows it can post it here or send you a pm.

I was searching for the slack channel. When finally found it I had no idea how to get an invite.

I managed to find it though. But I think Shift should make it more accessible to new people and promote the slack channel more.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll work it into the upcoming ANN update.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Hello.

I am a little interested in this project but can't find any serious information anywhere, like:

Where is white paper?

Thank you

Activity: 468
just join the shift slack channel, there is talking going and you can have help about many questions.
i dont know if you need to pm one of the devs or if its auto invite, maybe someone who knows it can post it here or send you a pm.

I was searching for the slack channel. When finally found it I had no idea how to get an invite.

I managed to find it though. But I think Shift should make it more accessible to new people and promote the slack channel more.

First page is it: http://www.shiftnrg.org/slack-auto-invitation
Activity: 658
Merit: 503

The auto invite link is on the first page of this thread Smiley

Investor uncertainty is probably the biggest problem with giving startups liquidity.  Any coin that goes up with no fundamentals behind it is a pump and dump scheme.  Almost all of the projects out there are way overvalued.  This is a game of patience and a long play.  My advice, look at the total market value of Shift, determine what potential value you think Shift has in the future, determine what total market value you would give Shift right now and buy below that line.  Consider the overall market, similar projects, and most importantly the team behind the project.  While I am also concerned about the team's anonymity, they have been making steady progress - and I put value on that.

In the end, the ONLY value that's given to anything is supply and demand.  With Shift, that will only be the number of apps, DAO's etc that choose to build on the Shift platform.  Nothing else.

UNTIL then, as in any startup, we are only dealing with the perceived potential value of the team.  Bringing this full circle, offering liquidity to a project without a product, and only perceived value, is exactly why we see pump and dump manipulations like today.

If you want to invest wisely in crypto (if that's even possible), look at the forgotten projects that are still there, still developing, that have releaseed multiple betas and/or have an MVP in the market.  These forgotten projects have realistic valuations and proven teams.  If they're anywhere, that's where the unicorns will be.

Again. Compare the development to other forks of ethereum, we have the most solid one without a doubt. The potential of the team is there, Wait for the releases. If you want to invest or not is up to you, i nor anyone in my team will not quit developing even if you invest or not.

We are using the standard channels, i.e. twitter for important announcements, slack for general community discussion and this thread for questions, feedback and milestone updates.

Investor uncertainty is probably the biggest problem with giving startups liquidity.  Any coin that goes up with no fundamentals behind it is a pump and dump scheme.  Almost all of the projects out there are way overvalued.  This is a game of patience and a long play.  My advice, look at the total market value of Shift, determine what potential value you think Shift has in the future, determine what total market value you would give Shift right now and buy below that line.  Consider the overall market, similar projects, and most importantly the team behind the project.  While I am also concerned about the team's anonymity, they have been making steady progress - and I put value on that.

In the end, the ONLY value that's given to anything is supply and demand.  With Shift, that will only be the number of apps, DAO's etc that choose to build on the Shift platform.  Nothing else.

UNTIL then, as in any startup, we are only dealing with the perceived potential value of the team.  Bringing this full circle, offering liquidity to a project without a product, and only perceived value, is exactly why we see pump and dump manipulations like today.

If you want to invest wisely in crypto (if that's even possible), look at the forgotten projects that are still there, still developing, that have releaseed multiple betas and/or have an MVP in the market.  These forgotten projects have realistic valuations and proven teams.  If they're anywhere, that's where the unicorns will be.

Again. Compare the development to other forks of ethereum, we have the most solid one without a doubt. The potential of the team is there, Wait for the releases. If you want to invest or not is up to you, i nor anyone in my team will not quit developing even if you invest or not.
I wonder if this coin has a chance of getting to Poloniex.
Activity: 26

Activity: 458

>Could you post top 10 rich addresses in here?
There's simply no rich list, we would be happy to have one...

>Is that 4.7mln SHF address I found Bittrex wallet?
yes

>Why don't you own up to your project and show your faces? Any reason for hiding behind nicknames?
Because! Cheesy I'm just speaking for myself here, but I personally like my pseudonimity, I always will prefer 4chan's approach over facebook's for example...

No need to see a plot everywhere.
You should just look at the work done already.
Please have a look at our github activity:

And now, please, compare it with any other ethereum fork, and especially those with people showing their faces. Who worked, and who didn't? *laughs*

Activity: 55
And you guys have extreme issues answering questions.

Could you post top 10 rich addresses in here?

Is that 4.7mln SHF address I found Bittrex wallet?

Why don't you own up to your project and show your faces? Any reason for hiding behind nicknames?
Jump to: