Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 86. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
If you're holding SHIFT you owe it to yourself to join the ryver:

https://shiftnrg.ryver.com

Anyone got a signup link? All I see is a login.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

so does anyone think shift could reach 2$ i think it could if they release phantom and polo i really hope to see this growing
Activity: 50
Github doesn't mean much to me since they're probably working locally and intend to make large commits. As for waiting, they already have a testnet, so I imagine the public alpha will just be a less buggy version of what they have.

Yes you are right, SHIFT dev team is working on a private repo, they will release the code as soon as they finished because there're many projects outthere trying to implement something on IPFS and they do not want a bad competition that steals all the work done

how many DEV in SHIFT TEAM  ?  Huh

Looks like six!
https://www.shiftnrg.org/theteam/

The verification email does not work.

I also had an inquiry regarding receiving SHIFT from delegates. As I understand it there is only a web interface for this. What if it goes down, ever?

If the verification email didn't work that's probably a Ryver issue, I would try again.

What do you mean receiving Shift from delegates? Like pools?
Currently it's just the online wallet and a linux version for the delegates. However, Phantom previously had a windows version so I would assume that the re-release of Phantom  will have a windows version as well, so more people can run their own wallets a bit easier.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
What's in the Magic bottle?

The verification email does not work.

I also had an inquiry regarding receiving SHIFT from delegates. As I understand it there is only a web interface for this. What if it goes down, ever?
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Audentes fortuna iuvat
Github doesn't mean much to me since they're probably working locally and intend to make large commits. As for waiting, they already have a testnet, so I imagine the public alpha will just be a less buggy version of what they have.

Yes you are right, SHIFT dev team is working on a private repo, they will release the code as soon as they finished because there're many projects outthere trying to implement something on IPFS and they do not want a bad competition that steals all the work done

how many DEV in SHIFT TEAM  ?  Huh
Activity: 468

legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

Cool thanks for the insight
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
Imminent just means it could happen at any time. As for "soon", he used the word "had" instead of "has". Plus, the way he worded it says it's the current task and probably not far off. Seems pretty clear to me, but you can take what you want from it.

I agree with your interpretation of the wording but the shift github doesn't look very busy and also didn't they need to wait for something to finish being developed on Lisk, SDK or something?
Imminent just means it could happen at any time. As for "soon", he used the word "had" instead of "has". Plus, the way he worded it says it's the current task and probably not far off. Seems pretty clear to me, but you can take what you want from it.
Activity: 784
A public alpha appears imminent.

How can you say that from that message? Something "perfect" takes time...
A public alpha appears imminent.

I have my coins just sitting there in the wallet. Is there any other way beside running a delegate to earn some coins?

I voted on the official pool with 1 SHIFT, but getting 0,01 SHIFT per day there. If I vote with more coins? But then how/when i get them back?
What is the difference in voting for some delegate with more or less coins?

Really need some info about this kind of PoS... Tnx!

Yes, if you vote for pools you will get reward coins according to the weight of your vote.
And depends on the pool you are voting, official pool gives 90% for all voters.

So if I put let's say 100 SHIFT in a vote for a pool I send them to the pool and "stake" the coins there, OK.
What if the pool goes offline? The only way to return the vote stake is to wait for the return in shares?

Tnx for helping!

No, you will retain your coins in your wallet (not send to a pool), and the only you need to do is vote for pools. The pools have script to calculate your share in their reward system, and as soon as the script calculate your threshold it will send your reward to your address. You don't need to worry about your coins, your coins will not be exposed at any time.

If the pool goes offline it will create uncertainty in its productivity and people should start to remove the vote if it believes it necessary.

You are welcome!
Activity: 55
I have my coins just sitting there in the wallet. Is there any other way beside running a delegate to earn some coins?

I voted on the official pool with 1 SHIFT, but getting 0,01 SHIFT per day there. If I vote with more coins? But then how/when i get them back?

Yes, if you vote for pools you will get reward coins according to the weight of your vote.

So if I put let's say 100 SHIFT in a vote for a pool I send them to the pool and "stake" the coins there, OK.
What if the pool goes offline? The only way to return the vote stake is to wait for the return in shares?

Tnx for helping!

Activity: 55

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
you should not ask that on the forum its only speculation, nobody really knows so if anyone answers it should not matter since they also dont know. Try to understand shift even when its hard(I also have a hard time grasping what shift tries to accomplice but its getting a little better now) and if you believe it will fill a purpose, if there is a use for it and therefore likely be demand for it in the future its a good buy imo. you should watch out for similar projects reaching the same goal as they can compete for the same markt or just have a better approach to the problem.

If you still want to figure out what the vallue could be you can try to compare it with other (comparable)coins with a higher cap and see what they offer and if shift will be offering something more valuable in your opinion so you could see if its realistic to go above this other crypto or not. This also is very speculative since hype and pumps and dumps can go far beyond any logic. 

Which coins would be comparable to Shift if I may ask?
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

Mandatory update!! It's time folks. Update your #SHIFT node before block 600,000.
Go to www.shiftnrg.org/mandatoryupdate/ for more information
Pages:
Jump to: