Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 81. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Love this coin, not sure why this thread is not more active Tongue I guess it is because it's still fairly unknown (2nd page of coinmarketcap doesn't help either).

It looks like we're breaking upwards once again after remaining sideways/stable during the bitcoin rise. Start of the next bullish wave?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Quote from Dev Ralf on Ryver:

"Hi, you can't really compare the development of Maid with Shift. But you might be able to compare the results soon. Many coins/devs offer ideas, but they are way to optimistic about getting the work actually done.

I think we are running a realistic project here. Building a bridge to combine today's best web technologies into a product with endless possibilities:

IPFS is an amazing tool for p2p hosting and browsing, and so much more. Take a look at IPLD for example, great future ahead.
LISK has build a great blockchain codebase with dpos consensus, plus the ability to create sidechains for dapps. Grown really stable the last couple of months.

So a small team of 4 to 6 people here work on Shift on a daily basis. But many many more devs building the technologies behind it. 1+1=3
We couldn't do it without you, our 150 delegates and 560+ community members."

Exciting future ahead
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1288
Activity: 53
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Hi guys,
First of all, how is this coin still so undervalued?? (easy x10 if you ask me)
What is the expected ROI if I stake around 8k coins?

Closest thing to "staking" would be voting for delegates that will pay for those who vote for them.
There is at least one:

https://pool.shiftnrg.org/

I guess you could compare payouts from a voter address with about 8k... Currently 8k looks to be about 0.32% of the pool voters. I believe 32 Shift/day is what a delegate should earn if it manages to forge all blocks, so about 0.1 Shift per day with the current rate and assuming no pool fee.

Could also run your own delegate. A delegate needs enough votes to be in the top 101 in order to Forge. Each forging delegate has the opportunity to earn the same amount, this depends on the delegate maintaining its vote weight in the top 101, running smoothly and having the correct version of software.
Activity: 52
Hi guys,

... Well, I guess the ROI will be 1000% if you say it's an easy 10x... The amount of coins you stake won't change the ROI, unless you're a whale. I can't wait for this coin to skyrocket. It's not even close to its potential.
sooo... just the usual hodl-lifestyle I guess
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Hi guys,

... Well, I guess the ROI will be 1000% if you say it's an easy 10x... The amount of coins you stake won't change the ROI, unless you're a whale. I can't wait for this coin to skyrocket. It's not even close to its potential.
Activity: 52
Hi guys,
Activity: 784
What's special at this coin? Where I can chat with devs?(slack, telegram?)

Although this thread's title says "IPFS ready on testnet+IPFS gateway" I couldn't find a clear explanation of what that means in the OP. There wouldn't be so many of us asking what's special at this coin if the dev added a clear explanation to the OP.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ipfs
Activity: 292
Merit: 265

Although this thread's title says "IPFS ready on testnet+IPFS gateway" I couldn't find a clear explanation of what that means in the OP. There wouldn't be so many of us asking what's special at this coin if the dev added a clear explanation to the OP.
Activity: 200
Merit: 250

You can talk with Team here: https://shiftnrg.ryver.com
Apply for invitation: https://shiftnrg.ryver.com/application/signup/members/Q3vvIv5azjNuFKl
legendary
Activity: 868
Activity: 12
Exactly what makes this coin so good? Forked off ethereum but devs seem to not inform much on this thread. Not to complain, i'm just curious, this coin got my attention a month ago but it seems to stand still.
Activity: 458
Good to hear, and welcome to our chat!
Activity: 385
It is indeed important to know what's going on, so that it doesn't happen to other users.
First, [email protected] is no longer used since it was former team member crush and he's now m.i.a.

We have resent the invite manually, so check out your mailbox again.

If other users have a problem, let us know. It seems a lot of other users got stuck, but it's a ryver issue rather than our fault. Sorry for the inconvenience anyway.

Thanks Maverick69. I was finally sent the invite over email and had success logging into Ryver. Not sure what happened, but I'd recommend the Shift team check the [email protected] account a little more often ... I emailed 6 days ago and it took Ryver contacting them on my behalf to get a response / the invite. I'm sure the team has better things to do, but want to make sure others don't give up looking into this v. cool project. Smiley
Activity: 458
It is indeed important to know what's going on, so that it doesn't happen to other users.
First, [email protected] is no longer used since it was former team member crush and he's now m.i.a.

We have resent the invite manually, so check out your mailbox again.

If other users have a problem, let us know. It seems a lot of other users got stuck, but it's a ryver issue rather than our fault. Sorry for the inconvenience anyway.
Activity: 385
Hi all, I've tried to sign up for the Ryver forum several times, but I never receive the confirm email. I emailed Ryver and they said the link I had was expired and to ask the Shift admins to send me a new invite. I sent that email request to [email protected] 5 days ago and haven't heard back.

I've also tried more-recent sign-up links (I think), but still no confirm email.

I've also tried entering different (valid) email accounts ...

Any idea what's up? Suggestions appreciated.

/argh

What is the link you used?
This one? https://shiftnrg.ryver.com/application/signup/members/Q3vvIv5azjNuFKl

I just tried again and still no email after 5+ minutes. Double-checked email address was spelled correctly, and also checked spam and trash folders, and did a search of all emails for "ryver."

I'll reach out to Ryver support again and let them know I have the current link, which is the issue they cited when I first contacted them. It's really pretty frustrating actually ... I hold a significant number of SHIFT (bought a lot when it was at 200k market cap), but I can't continue to hold a coin I can't follow. Anyway, thanks for your response. Fingers crossed ...

UPDATE:

I heard back from Ryver and they wrote:

"I do not see a new invitation being sent to you (the original one expired and will no longer work). Would you like me to reach out to the Admin of the organization - as they will need to go to the Admin Tools | Manage Users and click the “Re-send email invite” under your user record."

So I need a specific invitation, sent directly to me? I thought the public link would work ...? I asked Ryver to request a new invite be sent to me, per their request, but tbh this is getting pretty confusing.

Also I already reached out to [email protected] myself 6 days ago, and never heard back.

Sorry for the length of this, but I really hope others who want to look into Shift aren't encountering the same problems.
Pages:
Jump to: