Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 3. (Read 157678 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240
Thread-puller extraordinaire
January 08, 2015, 05:24:48 AM
Is any of this of relevance to Simcoin's future in terms of Quantum computing being a potential future threat to crypto?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersingular_Isogeny_Key_Exchange
The Supersingular Isogeny Diffie–Hellman Key Exchange (SIDH) is a post-quantum public key cryptographic algorithm used to establish a secret key between two parties over an otherwise insecure communications channel. It was designed to resist cryptanalytic attack by an adversary in possession of a quantum computer. Because the SIDH has key sizes and computations similar to the widely supported Diffie–Hellman key exchange it is a natural candidate to replace Diffie-Hellman in the face of a growing quantum computer threat.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
Hello Dev!

I was thinking.. You are already busy with the website/design/promovideo/logo? Maybe hire somebody? I can recommend Bitcrea, he accepts BTC or SIM and he can do all the above. Check out his website:

http://bitcrea.com/
Activity: 840
Simcoin Developer
January 04, 2015, 10:47:55 AM
Progress report

Not a bad week, considering all the holiday distractions.

Tasks can now run at different levels to allow ordered processing of commands. There are also two passes for each command. This way I can emulate OOP, where a higher level task can extend a lower level task functionality by modifying incoming and outgoing commands. Or create "filters" that intercept certain commands. Not sure whether to expose this to hosts, but at least that's how it will work inside the core.

Finalized quitting synchronization between the host and the core. This is important because they run in different threads.

Continued adding more commands and documenting them in wiki.

Packet addressing changed to be transport-independent. This is the most flexible solution; now the core can handle packets regardless of how they arrived, via UDP or some other method.

Triage task started, its job will be to prioritize incoming packets and limit packet rates to prevent attacks and abuses. It will also be responsible for packet encryption now, to make it easier to implement alternative transport protocols, if needed.

Almost whole day spent restoring simcoin.info, because the %$@#%& qhoster just lost my VPS and refused to do anything about it "because New Year"! Still waiting for them to restore it! Stay away from that "company", seriously. It was foolish of me to keep a server with them, even for things that are not so important.

Also modified my PHP WebSockets server to use streams instead of sockets, so it could support secure connections (wss:// instead of ws://). Surprisingly, it worked Smiley

Simcoin Developer
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
December 30, 2014, 11:37:52 AM
thank you dev

wish you all the best in 2015.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
December 30, 2014, 10:33:27 AM
Today is almost exactly 9 months since Simcoin started (jeez, time really flies!).

To celebrate, all Simcoin stakeholders will get a small present today – everybody’s stake will be increased by 1%! Smiley

Happy Holidays!

+1. Thanks!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
December 29, 2014, 03:32:42 PM
Holy shit ... BUY ... Cheesy
Simcoin Developer
December 28, 2014, 09:52:05 AM
Progress report

This week I continued switching tasks to the new scheme of commands and events, which I like very much – it organizes things nicely and gives you great flexibility.

For example, to work with the ini file before there were two functions: ini.get() and ini.set().

Now those functions are re-routed through commands. This instantly makes them available to the host application if it decides to store some of its settings in the ini file.

But that's not all - the host can easily intercept those commands and provide its own storage for all configuration variables!

The same way it can either send commands to write to the log file or intercept them to redirect log messages somewhere else.

It also makes it easier to debug – I wrote a special task that just listens to all passing commands and writes selected types into a file, so you can then examine the history of what was going on.

--

Also scanned my paper notes Smiley

legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
December 26, 2014, 01:49:29 PM
Thanks for the present Chg Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
December 25, 2014, 01:34:00 PM
Thanks Smiley
Activity: 80
December 25, 2014, 12:37:07 PM
Thank you too!
legendary
Activity: 924
December 25, 2014, 12:32:50 PM
Thanks a lot, and Merry Christmas to you. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240
Thread-puller extraordinaire
December 25, 2014, 09:16:02 AM
Sweet! Cheers for that, Seasons Greetings to you and yours.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
December 25, 2014, 07:21:05 AM
Thank you so much!!!!  Smiley
Simcoin Developer
December 25, 2014, 06:54:46 AM
Today is almost exactly 9 months since Simcoin started (jeez, time really flies!).

To celebrate, all Simcoin stakeholders will get a small present today – everybody’s stake will be increased by 1%! Smiley

Happy Holidays!

Simcoin Developer
December 22, 2014, 12:06:39 PM
Sorry to say (and I hope I am wrong) but the opening of an exchange that only allows bitcoin deposits to trade for some fictional Simcoin assets really stinks of a scam.

It makes me nervous as I am an investor.

As an "investor" you should have done your due diligence. The exchange was opened 6 months ago and much more money went through it than remains. I also operated another exchange and returned all the money when I had to close it.

So before you start throwing scam accusations, do your homework.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2014, 10:39:07 AM
FYI, Bter has worked with some coin IPOs in the past.  You could see if they are willing to let you transfer this over to their site.  You'll probably have to pay them a couple BTC, but since you raised IPO money, and some in the community might be willing to donate, thrm that could be a reasonable alternative.

Anyway, I don't consider this a scam, but the lone-exchange setup is a bit to much of a security tosk for me.  I want to buy in, but I've chosen to wait until this shows up on a bigger exchange, or there is a way to "withdraw" my stake.
Activity: 89
December 22, 2014, 10:05:57 AM
Sorry to say (and I hope I am wrong) but the opening of an exchange that only allows bitcoin deposits to trade for some fictional Simcoin assets really stinks of a scam.

I hope you are a benevolent tentacled overlord and such.  
exchange was a wish from the investors so no need to suspect anything bad...
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
December 22, 2014, 09:39:43 AM

I hope you are a benevolent tentacled overlord and such.  
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
December 21, 2014, 01:02:57 PM
The exchange is back online.

WARNING! Don't use the old deposit address - generate a new one!

Ok understood , thanks for letting us know.
Pages:
Jump to: