Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 4. (Read 157678 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Simcoin Developer
December 21, 2014, 01:01:04 PM
Progress report

This week I continued refactoring, organizing all code into a single library, developing and documenting the Core API interface.

The interface is shaping quite nicely – all interactions are done via commands, which also serve as events if broadcast to all tasks. The host can subscribe to receive these events.

This design is extremely simple, yet very flexible, and it supports transparent API versioning for backwards compatibility. Similar to DirectX, only better Smiley

In sim_start(), you tell which version of API your app is using and then the glue code converts all commands and events transparently between the host and the core.

This is important, because it allows applications to use the latest version of Simcoin core without the need to recompile.

Such interface also facilitates loose coupling and I like how it works now. Doing this was a good idea.

Simcoin Developer
December 19, 2014, 07:30:05 AM
The exchange is back online.

WARNING! Don't use the old deposit address - generate a new one!
Simcoin Developer
December 14, 2014, 03:12:04 PM
Progress report

This week the blockchain.info incident took almost 2 full days off my work schedule Sad

And it was scary: a single missed assignment operator and in just three hours hundreds of thousands of dollars were stolen!

So instead of cutting more corners I've decided to start a major refactoring. Cleaned up a lot of junk and temporary scaffolding...

One thing that should have been done a long time ago is separation of client internals from the interface.

Now there will be just one library - simcoin.dll, which can act as both a client and a server, depending solely on the tasks loaded at startup.

So to implement a Simcoin client you just link to this library and call sim_start("client") and that's it, you can now use API calls to interact with it.

This separation will require a bit more work, but it's the right thing to do:

• all the critical functionality should be unified and combined inside one library for the core developers to focus on;
  • it will be much easier to create clients;
  • it will also be easier to port this library because there is no GUI, and then people can write native clients for each platform. I believe, this is the right way to do it, instead of using some monstrosity, like QT.

--

I also wrote a very simple (literally, under 100 lines of code), yet very fast key-value storage system, with a nice side effect of extremely fast insertion sort, and "sort on insert" is a common scenario in Simcoin internals.

For sequential keys the overhead is just 4 bytes and for random keys – about 21 bytes.

The average insertion time for 1 M items is only 480 ticks (!) and the average lookup time is 420 ticks. And you get a sorted set for free!

So I'm happy Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
December 14, 2014, 06:27:04 AM
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
December 14, 2014, 06:00:07 AM
https://simxchg.com/ can't open now?
Simcoin Developer
December 13, 2014, 03:09:38 PM
Do you have some vision how could Simcoin speed up many different crypto tasks. Not only send fast Simcoin to Simcoin?

You will also be able to send messages as fast as IM.

But in general I don't think much about it. My job is to make it work. Once it's working, people will come up with all sorts of ways to use it Smiley
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
December 13, 2014, 02:38:56 PM
Good to hear it is solved.

Yesterday evening I wanted to send some coins from Counterwallet and have spent hours waiting for the transaction. There was 40min long btc block and I had to wait for 7 confirmation. I was glad that I wasn't waiting whole night.

I'm looking forward to your fast Simcoin! Do you have some vision how could Simcoin speed up many different crypto tasks. Not only send fast Simcoin to Simcoin?
Simcoin Developer
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
December 13, 2014, 05:30:55 AM
UPDATE:

Blockchain.info returned the full amount stolen. SimXchg will open in a few days.

Yay  Wink Wink Wink Wink
Simcoin Developer
December 13, 2014, 05:16:11 AM
UPDATE:

Blockchain.info returned the full amount stolen. SimXchg will open in a few days.
Simcoin Developer
December 12, 2014, 07:19:35 PM
NxtChg do I have to do anything? are you claiming this on behalf of us or do we have to send an email to someone?

No, you don't have to do anything. And it seems blockchain.info has no problems reimbursing the whole amount. Just waiting for them to finalize the request.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 12, 2014, 07:00:00 PM
From blockchain.info:

"This is an automated message to inform you that we are still investigating each individual claim by our users. This requires a great deal of research on our part, and we appreciate your patience. Thank you."

So it will take a while...

NxtChg do I have to do anything? are you claiming this on behalf of us or do we have to send an email to someone?
Simcoin Developer
December 11, 2014, 06:54:15 PM
From blockchain.info:

"This is an automated message to inform you that we are still investigating each individual claim by our users. This requires a great deal of research on our part, and we appreciate your patience. Thank you."

So it will take a while...
Simcoin Developer
December 11, 2014, 05:23:56 PM
Everybody, calm down.

Let's wait for a reply from blockchain.info. If they compensate, this all won't matter and all the trades will stand, nothing will change.
December 11, 2014, 05:19:55 PM
...you can trade with just data so what happened with my over 250,000 sims I bought its showing I bought it...

Let's first see if blockchain.info will compensate this, as they should, because, as I understand, this is their bug.

you are not responding....first with one of the deposit I made yesterday I bought over 250,000 simss! so whoever got my 0,3btc from that sell he just got 0,3...btc but not real btc? so what a mess...or is it me who got 255,000sims? is that's the case the other person got 0,3..real btc? come on you know it does not make sense. Also with the other 0,3...btc I was able to trade but I cancel it...I need to get access to the exchange to take screenshot
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
December 11, 2014, 05:17:57 PM
...you can trade with just data so what happened with my over 250,000 sims I bought its showing I bought it...

Let's first see if blockchain.info will compensate this, as they should, because, as I understand, this is their bug.

Have you seen this?

https://twitter.com/blockchain/status/542106998150799360

"We admit we are at fault. We will be working w/affected users to reimburse those whose funds were misplaced."
Simcoin Developer
December 11, 2014, 05:12:41 PM

December 11, 2014, 05:00:20 PM
That's not really true, I am 500 and I deposit yesterday 2 times around 0.322 and it was deposited correctly, I bought with 0.322 more than 250,000 sims and then I decided I needed the other 0,3...to buy something else so I withraw it and its standing in pending withdwal..https://simxchg.com/ is down so I can not see the right figures...my deposit were not stolen!!! One I traded it and the other deposit I withdraw and is pending!

The amount displayed on the site is not from blockchain, it's just a record in my database. The real money is gone.

So how can it be??? I deposit 2 amounts of 0.3....   and I placed a trade for both of them...so one I bought  over 250,000 sim and then I cancelled the other buy order and decided to withdraw it....So How I can I bought 250,000 sims if the deposit was stolen and the other deposit I cancel the buy order but I could have bought sims if I wanted....this does no make sense you can trade with just data so what happened with my over 250,000 sims I bought its showing I bought it, you are not going to take that away from me as its mine and also the other 0,3..... btc
Simcoin Developer
December 11, 2014, 04:54:47 PM
That's not really true, I am 500 and I deposit yesterday 2 times around 0.322 and it was deposited correctly, I bought with 0.322 more than 250,000 sims and then I decided I needed the other 0,3...to buy something else so I withraw it and its standing in pending withdwal..https://simxchg.com/ is down so I can not see the right figures...my deposit were not stolen!!! One I traded it and the other deposit I withdraw and is pending!

The amount displayed on the site is not from blockchain, it's just a record in my database. The real money is gone.
December 11, 2014, 04:26:39 PM
UPDATE:

The last transaction on 7th was at 22:50:53, so their window should be at least an hour longer.

Seems that about 3 BTC went to the Good Samaritan, who then returned it to blockchain.info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reused-r-values-again-581411

Anyone who deposited after 7th got their deposits stolen immediately.

All this time blockchain.info showed me completely different view of things and a valid balance, so I was unaware that somebody was stealing all new deposits.

Users #96, #387, #500, #1176 had their deposits stolen for the total amount of 4.72614335 BTC.

Pages:
Jump to: