Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 8. (Read 157678 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Simcoin Developer
November 04, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
What if he's following a different implementation approach/philosophy?

Unless he's following a different reality (which it seems like he is, judging by his posts) - no way.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
November 04, 2014, 04:04:58 PM
I was wondering whether simcoin will able to handle so many transactions? e.g.100k/sec

Nobody will be able to achieve 100k/sec any time soon. Whoever tells you that is either lying or incompetent.

What if he's following a different implementation approach/philosophy?
Simcoin Developer
November 04, 2014, 04:01:28 PM
I was wondering whether simcoin will able to handle so many transactions? e.g.100k/sec

Nobody will be able to achieve 100k/sec any time soon. Whoever tells you that is either lying or incompetent.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
November 04, 2014, 03:55:22 PM
EDIT: check what eMunie has done to achieve instant transactions https://forum.emunie.com/threads/treeless-blockless-say-what.2015/

what is the target?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
November 02, 2014, 05:16:54 PM
70% sounds promising  Grin
Simcoin Developer
November 02, 2014, 09:31:51 AM
Progress report

Taking a break from Simcoin was a good idea – I came back with a few fresh ideas. For example, I was never satisfied with my bootstrapping solution, it was too complicated. Granted, the problem itself is very complex when you consider all the factors, but now I found how to simplify it more and make it better.

So, I am still working on Simcoin, even if it might not look this way Smiley

* This elephant is not accurate.
legendary
Activity: 924
October 29, 2014, 05:50:05 PM
Progress report

The CryptoMan game is working and people are starting to play it, which is nice. At least you can now see that I can deliver something working Smiley

No worries, man. Smiley

On that subject: I sunk the maimum 1.5 BTC investment into eXocoin 'way, 'way back in January. Like Sim, it's coded from scratch. The launch date is Friday.

And of course, NEM's taken months. That's life in the real world of coding from scratch.

Most of the week spent finalizing the game, but I slowly started to code things for Simcoin again too, and plan to switch back full-time on Monday, so don't sell your IPO stake just yet Wink

No comment. Wink
Simcoin Developer
October 29, 2014, 04:39:18 PM
What is the payload size of an average transaction?

Since Simcoin is not finished and there are no transactions yet, I'd say 'undefined'.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
October 29, 2014, 02:07:51 PM
What is the payload size of an average transaction?
Simcoin Developer
October 26, 2014, 05:55:51 AM
Progress report

The CryptoMan game is working and people are starting to play it, which is nice. At least you can now see that I can deliver something working Smiley

Most of the week spent finalizing the game, but I slowly started to code things for Simcoin again too, and plan to switch back full-time on Monday, so don't sell your IPO stake just yet Wink
Simcoin Developer
Simcoin Developer
October 19, 2014, 09:25:33 AM
Sliding around corners was more player friendly in the original game.

It works exactly as the original. Probably feels worse, because the frame rate is less and lag is too high.

The newer version should be smoother and I also plan to improve this further some time in the future.

It also helps to play at a higher zoom level, so hand-eye coordination is easier. The new version will have 100%, 125% and 150% zoom.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
October 19, 2014, 08:45:19 AM
Nice work! Sliding around corners was more player friendly in the original game.
Simcoin Developer
October 19, 2014, 03:44:11 AM
Progress report

Since Simcoin is not yet finished, I've decided to make the game available to play with Bitcoin for now.

So this week was spent finalizing the game, creating a database and integrating deposit/withdrawal method. This time withdrawals will be automatic too, so I don't have to spend time processing them.

Rented a dedicated server in the Netherlands, so it's fair to both US and Asia and the game works much faster now.

The official announcement will be in a couple of days, because some work still needs to be done.

By the way, working on this game is not a complete waste of time Smiley

It's built on top of the Simcoin codebase, so many bug fixes and improvements are directly mirrored to Simcoin.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 17, 2014, 01:58:04 AM
Progress report

Sorry, I was so booored! Sad

I work on Simcoin for weeks and weeks and it moves very slowly now. I just wanted to make something complete and working. Something, where I don't have to spend hours thinking about every new line of code.

So I took a week off and m6915 and I made a simple multiplayer game on top of the Simcoin codebase Smiley

Download the game here: https://simxchg.com/simgame.zip (Windows only, sorry)

If you don't have an account – just type username and password, it will create one. For now you will play with monopoly money, but later you will be able to play with real simcoins.

There can be max 4 players and up to 8 spectators. We only tested it with 2 players and it was fun! Let's see how it will work with more players.

The rules are simple: you explode someone, you take their 100 simcoins.

When you join the game or suicide, 100 simcoins will be deducted from your account and distributed over the playing field under the brick walls, as 10+10+10+20+50 (displayed as (1), (2), (5) coins).

Cursor keys to move, Spacebar to place the bomb, Enter to join the game.

Grin  The Young at Heart
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 16, 2014, 11:12:36 PM
How about this for a slogan:

"Our coin is so fast, we built a multiplayer game on top of its codebase."

Grin

Yep! Simcoin is a lightspeed payment! Shocked
legendary
Activity: 924
October 14, 2014, 05:26:32 PM
Progress report

I work on Simcoin for weeks and weeks and it moves very slowly now. I just wanted to make something complete and working. Something, where I don't have to spend hours thinking about every new line of code.

So I took a week off and m6915 and I made a simple multiplayer game on top of the Simcoin codebase Smiley

If you don't have an account – just type username and password, it will create one. For now you will play with monopoly money, but later you will be able to play with real simcoins.

There can be max 4 players and up to 8 spectators. We only tested it with 2 players and it was fun! Let's see how it will work with more players.

When you join the game or suicide, 100 simcoins will be deducted from your account and distributed over the playing field under the brick walls, as 10+10+10+20+50 (displayed as (1), (2), (5) coins).

Nice!!!
Simcoin Developer
October 14, 2014, 12:35:12 PM
How about this for a slogan:

"Our coin is so fast, we built a multiplayer game on top of its codebase."

Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 14, 2014, 05:25:36 AM
Progress report

Download the game here: https://simxchg.com/simgame.zip

Sick. Will start practicing to rape some noobs Wink
Simcoin Developer
October 14, 2014, 05:08:42 AM
Progress report

Pages:
Jump to: