Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 67. (Read 157733 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 13, 2014, 11:03:16 AM
escrow essential
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
April 13, 2014, 11:01:01 AM
Unless an escrow is involved in this i am highly suspicious of it.

And you can always contact escorw.ms for those kind of deals.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
April 13, 2014, 10:53:35 AM
i like this idea. and i used the test software,it's very interesting.so ,i'm in. 
Activity: 238
April 13, 2014, 10:44:33 AM
How much do you think you will need for the IPO?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
April 13, 2014, 05:03:48 AM
Could somebody with more hardware experience comment on my key stretching algorithm please?

https://simcoin.info/wiki/Key_Stretching

Simcoin Developer
Activity: 186
April 12, 2014, 08:30:21 PM
- Give a date now before which you definitely won't close the IPO? E.g. IPO runs at least until 10 May.

Sure: IPO will not be closed until April 20.

Commit to giving at least 7 days notice of closing the IPO (e.g. in a few weeks time, write "the IPO will close sometime between 7 and 14 days from now")

As soon as people know the deadline and/or see something working, they might decide to invest big and thus will get a huge share.

Would you prefer the current style of distribution where several top investors all have roughly the same 0.5 BTC investments and have about 10% share each or one guy owning 90%?

I thought about closing it after the Test Net (i.e. a working prototype with basic client) is operational, but now I think it will be better to close it right before the announcement.

Best strategy for you is probably to put a small amount now, then increase your deposit gradually as you see things develop.

Thumbs up for the great idea!  Smiley
Simcoin Developer
April 12, 2014, 04:51:54 AM
How do you plan to solve the problem where people will spend SimCoins.

Well, that's our Holy Grail, isn't it? To get out of this niche into mainstream. It's a problem every coin, and the ecosystem in general, faces and tries to solve. I don't think it can be solved by a single guy inventing a magic silver bullet.

But I do believe that simplicity in itself is a major factor in wide adoption - I'll take JSON over XML on any day of the week.

Another thing: watching Mt.Gox in disbelief, as well as some other incidents, like the recent Poloniex fiasco where the guy didn't seem to know that he is supposed to use database transactions (!), reveal the astonishing carelessness in many developers here. Probably because most of them are just college students.

"Hey, I'll just type a bunch of code here and see what happens."

NO. We need to be serious and pay attention to what we do.

Bitcoin is obviously trying to be serious, but it's a big, dirty steam engine in the age of electricity.

So by making Simcoin simple to understand, simple to use and simple to integrate with, and by focusing on security and reliability, I believe I  can significantly improve our chances of mass adoption.

My goal is to make a better mousetrap. It will be up to the community to promote it further.

I just want to give you something better to work with Smiley
Activity: 180
April 12, 2014, 04:00:03 AM
How do you plan to solve the problem where people will spend SimCoins. I see your idea very clever to focus mainly on the coin and payment part. Do you plan to cooperate with Nxt more deeply? Using Nxt's planned high end stuff.

Possibility to pay in 10 shops with useless goods is nice but not even close to survive in the crypto future.

What is your strategy?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 01:45:19 AM
Transaction Speed

Transaction speed will be a priority. The goal is ambitious: to achieve <1 sec confirmation. Complete confirmation, no backsies. Either your transaction is confirmed and engraved in stone in less than 1 second, or it will be rejected and you will have to try it later.

I believe it is possible. Here's a network simulation video:

You can download the simulator and play with various settings in the ini-file if you are Ok with an exe file.

It's too hard to come true, are there some relevant theories???
Simcoin Developer
April 11, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
And so with 30 investors we reach 10 BTC in less than a week.

Not bad! Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 11, 2014, 05:31:47 AM
Nice coin name
Activity: 140
April 11, 2014, 05:26:56 AM
security enhancements and quicker processing.Well...have a look first
Simcoin Developer
April 11, 2014, 04:55:17 AM
i sent 0.3btc i am Investor 50 but i cant login with the Password who gave me.
please help my email [email protected]

You can reset your password if you specified your email on the Profile page.

Just go to the login page and click Reset.
Simcoin Developer
April 11, 2014, 04:44:21 AM
So how about we paint some bike shed? Smiley

https://simcoin.info/wiki/Terminology
Simcoin Developer
April 10, 2014, 02:39:08 PM
Would it be possible to code this for Raspberry PI? It was attempted by NXT with limited success in my opinion, but it does make great sense as a low power, easy to operate node with which to maintain network integrity.

I think Simcoin will be perfect for tiny computers because of its simplicity, fast and compact binary protocol, ability not to store transaction history and general low system requirements.

Of course, the rewards for nodes without transaction history will probably be less, but it's only fair.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
April 10, 2014, 02:30:52 PM
"There will be no mining, but instead all server owners will receive constant rewards for running their nodes."

Would it be possible to code this for Raspberry PI? It was attempted by NXT with limited success in my opinion, but it does make great sense as a low power, easy to operate node with which to maintain network integrity.
Simcoin Developer
April 10, 2014, 11:46:07 AM
Installed the wiki:

https://simcoin.info/wiki/Main_Page

I will be updating it and posting links to articles here, so everybody can comment.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
April 10, 2014, 10:56:00 AM
IPO will last for how long time?
Simcoin Developer
April 10, 2014, 10:32:16 AM
Well we definitely disagree then as people are screaming for decentralized exchanges so they no longer need to trust a third party web site.

There will be plenty of coins with distributed exchanges precisely because people think it will solve their problems.

So you don't have to worry, you can always use NXT or Etherium or eXo-coin...

Last thing I want is to be like everybody else.
Pages:
Jump to: