Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 69. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 09, 2014, 12:09:05 PM
I'm all for new coins which aren't simple clones but I don't think anyone is gonna be convinced with your approach to the IPO.

That's Ok. You can always buy it later from an exchange  Wink

That's not the response I'm looking for, I'd rather you don't avoid a real answer and stop the winking smiley faces, lots of those in the stackcoin thread if you get what I'm saying. I asked my question in a polite manner and I expect a real answer.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
April 09, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
I'm all for new coins which aren't simple clones but I don't think anyone is gonna be convinced with your approach to the IPO.

That's Ok. You can always buy it later from an exchange  Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 09, 2014, 11:49:13 AM
No escrow is possible as seen in some previous cases, but complete refusal of escrow is honestly way too weird. If you're legit, it looks like you want instant access to funds for a product that has no timeline for release. I'm all for new coins which aren't simple clones but I don't think anyone is gonna be convinced with your approach to the IPO.
Simcoin Developer
April 09, 2014, 11:23:51 AM
Are you leaving Nxt??  Undecided

I already left NXT community some time ago. One of the reason is that I was constantly arguing with people about how things should be done and that takes a lot of energy and puts a lot of stress on you. Here I will do things my own way right until release.

I've learned a lot from NXT and want to design a better system from scratch rather than patch an existing architecture.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2014, 11:09:44 AM
Are you leaving Nxt??  Undecided

There are a bunch of great developments out there and to archive yourself you will need a big big fat community and a lot of trust. I have doubts..

I think you would have been better off staying with nxt instead of branching off.  No matter how you label it... Simcoin is still a clone and knockoff of nxt.

I suggest you continue to stay and help to develop nxt instead of starting your own alt coin.

The key to success in any alt coin is getting large scale adoption by the public, not coming out with new and fancy whizz bang features that nobody understands.

Its better for all of us to unite and dig a well that is 1 cm wide and a kilometer deep then to spread out and dig 1000 wells that are only a cm deep.

Pretty much any fancy pants feature that anyone can dream up cryptos has been thought out... yours isn't any original despite what you think.

The key is to get the code out.. not dream up new features or new clone coins.

Nxt has already "taken" the title as being the new kid on the block created from scratch...

If you come out with simcoin it can never proclaimed to be created from scratch it'll just be another clone of nxt in the history of cryptos.

I'm saying this not to rain on your parade but to encourage everyone to take the coins we already have on the market n actually make it work in real life and not just in theory.

Anyone coming out with a new coin at this stage in crypto history is only gonna be seen as a "get rich quick" for the inventor and nothing more.

If you have a stake in nxt n decide to invest in a clone of nxt... do not fool yourself into thinking that you are diversifying ur investments.

All u r doing is encouraging talent to go somewhere else instead of focusing on nxt.

The grass is not always greener on the other side folks.

Peace
Tai Zen
+1
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
April 09, 2014, 05:47:25 AM
Well, then either you are a scammer or stupid. You would receive likely 10 times the amount of BTC compared to no escrow.

I opt for stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people venturing into new territory. There's a shitload of money to be made out of this, with or without scam. An escrow is only going to guarantee you get your shitcoins in exchange for BTC. It has nothing to do with features of the coins. If the coins are are like any other coins and worthless, then having an escrow is not going to make a difference... so why bother with the escrow fees? On the other hand, a coin is only as good as the community and dev supporting it. So the situation of "what if it turns out to be the next doge?" cannot occur with a dev who is absconding with the money. So either ways, stop thinking escrow is the solution. Its just the new buzz word... nothing more. You wouldnt believe the number of people who fail to notice that.
Simcoin Developer
April 09, 2014, 05:38:01 AM
why are you not doing escrow?if its a real coin you should not have an issue providing escrow!

Let's set a little rule in this thread: I explain something no more than 3 times.

After that I will just ignore any new questions, because repeating something 3 times already makes me sound like a parrot.
Simcoin Developer
April 09, 2014, 04:13:15 AM
how to achieve <1 sec confirmation?

Well, first of all, you abandon the concept of blocks. It's a ridiculous Bitcoin atavism in a PoS currency. It limits you both in time and space, i.e. in the number of transactions that fit into one block.

This is also not good for fees. As the number of transactions grows, they now have to compete for the privilege to be included in the next block. Why create artificial scarcity?

I don't know why BCNext went this way when Ripple already existed and boldly abandoned it. It looks like a step backwards to me.

This architectural mistake leads to the need for Transparent Forging – a fragile and artificial construction where the network has to decide which node will forge the next block.

Simcoin will use something similar to Ripple's ledger consensus, but without all the bloat – trust lines, distributed exchange, arbitrary currencies and whatnot.

Whether I will be able to achieve it we will see in a month or two when Test Net becomes operational.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
April 08, 2014, 08:27:21 PM
how to achieve <1 sec confirmation?
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
April 08, 2014, 07:23:42 PM
interesting...

how about a portion for free to widen distribution like exo, comm, nem, nex,nas.

1 billion is alot to distribute, that's why Nxt has suffered so long, its getting better but it took all these months of trust and development to get the distribution the way it is now.

Nxt is an exceptance because its special, no other crypto is going to get the same level of patience for distributions anymore.
Simcoin Developer
April 08, 2014, 07:19:10 PM
Well, then either you are a scammer or stupid. You would receive likely 10 times the amount of BTC compared to no escrow.

I opt for stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
April 08, 2014, 06:33:19 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/anon136-3028

Deposit BTC with him and his escrow service

Ok, third time's the charm:

Again, I don't see this as a big problem. The IPO will remain open for some time and people can wait for as long as they want and see something tangible to come out first.

You can put 0.001 and it will already give you enough money to be happy if this coin ever gets to dollar parity.

Meanwhile you can wait and as you see things being developed you can increase your deposit and get a bigger share.

There will be no escrow.

This IPO is then dead to me.

GL
Simcoin Developer
April 08, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

Ok, third time's the charm:

Again, I don't see this as a big problem. The IPO will remain open for some time and people can wait for as long as they want and see something tangible to come out first.

You can put 0.001 and it will already give you enough money to be happy if this coin ever gets to dollar parity.

Meanwhile you can wait and as you see things being developed you can increase your deposit and get a bigger share.

There will be no escrow.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
April 08, 2014, 05:56:38 PM
If I deposit coins with anon, will they count towards the IPO?

If not, why?

Sorry, deposit coins with what?

He's the most reputable escrow guy on this forum.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
April 08, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

If not, why?

Simcoin Developer
April 08, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

If not, why?

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
April 08, 2014, 05:48:07 PM
Why do you need the IPO if 20% of coins is already reserved for development  Huh Huh Huh

IPO is needed to distribute money among people.

40% IPO + 20% reservation, that means you get 60% initial value of the coin.

If you want to make it serious, you need consider:
1. more detailed whitepaper;
2. escrow.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
April 08, 2014, 05:43:49 PM

If not, why?
Simcoin Developer
April 08, 2014, 05:33:31 PM
Agreed, all these knockoffs just weaken NXT and will never be as valuable as NXT, we need to work together as a team instead of forking coins.

Uhm... Just to be clear, I am not forking anything.
legendary
Activity: 1918
April 08, 2014, 05:27:59 PM
I think you would have been better off staying with nxt instead of branching off.  No matter how you label it... Simcoin is still a clone and knockoff of nxt.

I suggest you continue to stay and help to develop nxt instead of starting your own alt coin.

The key to success in any alt coin is getting large scale adoption by the public, not coming out with new and fancy whizz bang features that nobody understands.

Its better for all of us to unite and dig a well that is 1 cm wide and a kilometer deep then to spread out and dig 1000 wells that are only a cm deep.

Pretty much any fancy pants feature that anyone can dream up cryptos has been thought out... yours isn't any original despite what you think.

The key is to get the code out.. not dream up new features or new clone coins.

Nxt has already "taken" the title as being the new kid on the block created from scratch...

If you come out with simcoin it can never proclaimed to be created from scratch it'll just be another clone of nxt in the history of cryptos.

I'm saying this not to rain on your parade but to encourage everyone to take the coins we already have on the market n actually make it work in real life and not just in theory.

Anyone coming out with a new coin at this stage in crypto history is only gonna be seen as a "get rich quick" for the inventor and nothing more.

If you have a stake in nxt n decide to invest in a clone of nxt... do not fool yourself into thinking that you are diversifying ur investments.

All u r doing is encouraging talent to go somewhere else instead of focusing on nxt.

The grass is not always greener on the other side folks.

Peace
Tai Zen
Agreed, all these knockoffs just weaken NXT and will never be as valuable as NXT, we need to work together as a team instead of forking coins.
Pages:
Jump to: