Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 262. (Read 463975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Looks interesting, as a Brit even more so.  Best of luck

Where abouts are you based? The UK developers are Brighton and London based.
legendary
As we are in pre-release some parts of the announcement and website are not live. I will remove the press release link until its live.

Yes, me and Matthew Langdon still fully support Donationcoin and will be launching new features for Donationcoin also.

These will be announced on the Donationcoin thread.

What needs to be remembered about Donationcoin is that it is in fact a charity based coin and relies on the community backing and for people to be charitable. This means that really it needs to be community driven and not simply driven by the developers.
legendary
Activity: 1274
CryptoCanary is Steven Saxton who is one of the developers of Sterlingcoin.

Sterlingcoin is Spencer Lievens.

As other developers post I will notify the community who they are.

still working on Donationcoin?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Looks interesting, as a Brit even more so.  Best of luck
legendary
4 minute block time? 30 confirmation per transaction....

4x30 =120min.. 2 hrs transaction confirmations..

how useful is this?

Myself and Matthew Langdon had been discussing this transaction time over the last 48 hours and this will be amended.

We were personally thinking of bringing this down to 5 confirmations but were worried about instability.

Again this is why we are having a pre-launch and these issues can be fixed prior to wallets becoming available.
legendary
Activity: 1274
4 minute block time? 30 confirmation per transaction....

4x30 =120min.. 2 hrs transaction confirmations..

how useful is this?
legendary
CryptoCanary is Steven Saxton who is one of the developers of Sterlingcoin.

As other developers post I will notify the community who they are.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
The Sterlingcoin Spacedrop is a combination of an Airdrop and Faucet, making it fair as all can receive SLG for free.

Also once the Spacedrop has ran dry the Sterlingcoin Faucet will open allowing people to enter each hour for free SLG.

How will the Spacedrop work exactly?

The Sterlingcoin Spacedrop is an airdrop for all of us. Its a great idea of mixing the faucet with an airdrop. I have been working with SLG on the airdrop and faucet and I am really excited to see the idea of a "spacedrop" bloom! Smiley Once the spacedrop is over, we will crank open the SLG faucet!
legendary
Very fair! Will be watching this one. After having been scammed by the dev of a previous coin I was involved with I have finally found the appetite to return to look at the altcoin market again. I said to myself I would never return and stick with bitcoin but I am going to risk it again. You guys better be Legit!!!!

We will prove this in the pre-launch before the wallets are even released.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
During Sterlingcoin development we have discussed having an Airdrop to UK citizens and thought this unfair to all others.

We then brainstormed the Spacedrop so that it caters for all and still gives people outside the UK area the possibility to receive 50 SLG, the same amount as a UK citizen.

We then furthered this so that once the Spacedrop balance hits 0 and closes the Sterlingcoin Faucet will then open and offer free coins each hour to anyone and everyone.

The fees generated from the mining pool to fund the Sterlingcoin Faucet.

Very fair! Will be watching this one. After having been scammed by the dev of a previous coin I was involved with I have finally found the appetite to return to look at the altcoin market again. I said to myself I would never return and stick with bitcoin but I am going to risk it again. You guys better be Legit!!!!
legendary
During Sterlingcoin development we have discussed having an Airdrop to UK citizens and thought this unfair to all others.

We then brainstormed the Spacedrop so that it caters for all and still gives people outside the UK area the possibility to receive 50 SLG, the same amount as a UK citizen.

We then furthered this so that once the Spacedrop balance hits 0 and closes the Sterlingcoin Faucet will then open and offer free coins each hour to anyone and everyone.

The fees generated from the mining pool to fund the Sterlingcoin Faucet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Finally a alt worth registering on BTCtalk for. My parents loved Sterling Silver so I grew up with it all my life... so this resonates back to my childhood. Great name for a coin btw!
Goodluck with the launch.

Will there be an exchange on launch? I don't mine so will need to buy some up.

Sterlingcoin will have exchange(s) services at launch.

This looks very good! Only just noticed you also launching with a merchant. iOS wallet will be a first for any X coin if I am not mistaken?

It will be the 1st for any alt coin at the moment!
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Finally a alt worth registering on BTCtalk for. My parents loved Sterling Silver so I grew up with it all my life... so this resonates back to my childhood. Great name for a coin btw!

This looks very good! Only just noticed you also launching with a merchant. iOS wallet will be a first for any X coin if I am not mistaken?
legendary

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

legendary
Prelaunch?
3 months before?

Prelaunch is 7 weeks before launch. Which is not even 2 months.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Prelaunch?
3 months before?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
It's not fair to non-UK players, give equal distribution coins to all, why partialities to others.

These issues are exactly why we have a pre-launch period. We can look at all the options and have a vote through the community for what will happen with distribution via the Spacedrop.

Bear in mind that after the Spacedrop finishes the Faucet opens and this will be able to be entered once per hour by all.

Mostly Chinese coins do this kind of distibution, Chinese will get extra coins on distribution, one of the reason to failed those coins, becase they don't think beyond China.

That is why I am saying give same amount of coins to everyone.
legendary
launch?i can't open pool ..

We are in pre-launch and the pool will become available for registration just prior to downloads becoming available.
Jump to: