Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 153. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Has anyone used this and understands the public-private key engine and what algo it is using?

https://solarcoinwallet.com/

Best,
lfloorwalker

A few people have used it since it came out. But that is no guarantee of its security.  The solarcoin foundation isn't directly affiliated with the effort.  As always and with all things, proceed with caution.  We are happy to innovation and generation of alternative tools etc. but always advise caution for all participants with all of the tools, services etc. out there.

Nick
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
To me it looks like a continuation of the long term up trend. It's tested 0.00007000 range before and is doing so again. My hope is that we clear 0.00007000 followed by a period of consolidation. Holding SLR seems like a safe bet for the long term. I'm excited to see where this project goes aside from the price, but value is obviously important for its success so good to see the positive trend.
Activity: 445
Nice volume on the buy side today.

I don't think I have ever seen volume over 2 to 3 BTC per day.  We are at 7 BTC right now and only on two exchanges!!.  This coin is either getting traction or is it just another pump or dump...  Either way I'm going to try and take advantage of these prices.  I have a feeling we will be hitting .10 by the end of the year.  To the Sun!!!

I'd say it's getting traction. The year end review was well written and highlights the shift in strategy in the technology. Things have changed for the better and they continue to improve. We've gone from a scrypt 100 SLR block reward to a well written PoST implementation by the skilled Vericoin devs (Thank you Steve!), which is right inline with the philosophy behind the Solarcoin mission, carbon friendly and with that a lower block reward to fix the inflation issue and help make claims more attractive. There's now technology discussion about changing the claimants premine to a generation algo and securing it with smart contract technology. Two websites are now online and processing claims for Solarcoin generation, both (I think both) of which are also staking wallets for claimants. The devs have always been accessible and open to new ideas on how to improve the technology.

It's a good time to be involved with Solarcoin. The idea alone of creating another much needed feed in tariff for solar energy is a great one. I loved the idea from the start. That was the original intent, but it's possible this coins technology and management might take it to a higher level in the future by using Solarcoin to sell and buy energy within a smart solar grid, increasing utility even further, not even to mention the idea of using the coins claims as a scientific tool to track solar radiation at least in the beginning on a quarterly scale, and possibly near real time in the future as the smart contract technology becomes implemented.

Yeah, I'm a bit excited about the future.

Here's what I think: Someone is switching his Altcoin stash (probably Litecoin) to Solarcoins. Smart move. It's what I did a while back. I had way to many litecoins and other coins. It just feels a lot better holding a lot of slr
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

I don't think I have ever seen volume over 2 to 3 BTC per day.  We are at 7 BTC right now and only on two exchanges!!.  This coin is either getting traction or is it just another pump or dump...  Either way I'm going to try and take advantage of these prices.  I have a feeling we will be hitting .10 by the end of the year.  To the Sun!!!

I'd say it's getting traction. The year end review was well written and highlights the shift in strategy in the technology. Things have changed for the better and they continue to improve. We've gone from a scrypt 100 SLR block reward to a well written PoST implementation by the skilled Vericoin devs (Thank you Steve!), which is right inline with the philosophy behind the Solarcoin mission, carbon friendly and with that a lower block reward to fix the inflation issue and help make claims more attractive. There's now technology discussion about changing the claimants premine to a generation algo and securing it with smart contract technology. Two websites are now online and processing claims for Solarcoin generation, both (I think both) of which are also staking wallets for claimants. The devs have always been accessible and open to new ideas on how to improve the technology.

It's a good time to be involved with Solarcoin. The idea alone of creating another much needed feed in tariff for solar energy is a great one. I loved the idea from the start. That was the original intent, but it's possible this coins technology and management might take it to a higher level in the future by using Solarcoin to sell and buy energy within a smart solar grid, increasing utility even further, not even to mention the idea of using the coins claims as a scientific tool to track solar radiation at least in the beginning on a quarterly scale, and possibly near real time in the future as the smart contract technology becomes implemented.

Yeah, I'm a bit excited about the future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Has anyone used this and understands the public-private key engine and what algo it is using?

https://solarcoinwallet.com/

Best,
lfloorwalker
Activity: 493

I don't think I have ever seen volume over 2 to 3 BTC per day.  We are at 7 BTC right now and only on two exchanges!!.  This coin is either getting traction or is it just another pump or dump...  Either way I'm going to try and take advantage of these prices.  I have a feeling we will be hitting .10 by the end of the year.  To the Sun!!!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
you guys are legends thx! Lets hope SLR will be on Uphold in no time  Cheesy
SolarCoiner, as a matter of fact we are in discussion with Uphold with SLR, what are the reasons you think SLR should be in there ?

Great! I think SLR deserves to be on uphold for a number of reasons:

-Their vision is and I quote "Join the world's fastest growing platform for moving, converting​, transacting ​and holding ANY form of money or commodity"
With all the madness going in right now in Bitcoin, I think it would be a smart move to add a innovative coin Like Solarcoin. A coin that has a vision and it set out to make this world a better place. Just like the vision they have!

Solarcoin has the potential to become a real competitor to Bitcoin! I remember the CEO of Uphold saying he doesn't think bitcoin will be around for long anymore. I disagree but that's not the point. Would't it make sense to add an alternative cryptocurrency to their Portfolio?

This would also help Solarcoin a lot because it's a shame it's only really traded on bittrex. The whole point of projects like these is decentralization and unfortunately at the moment the market is very centralized.

If I was the CEO of uphold I would get in touch with large SLR holders to try and get a deal on a large amount of coins.
It's really a no brainer to me, Solarcoin is waaaay more interesting than much larger competitors like Dash or even litecoin.
Last but not least I would love to add some SLR to a Solarcoin Card if it existed. I like the idea behind Uphold so I decided to trust them with a bit of my money. Solarcoin is my favorite commodity so I would add some of my coins to my uphold portfolio right away.

Anyway nice that you're in touch with the uphold team. keep us updated  Wink It would be great to see them make the first move. Either way I believe some big company will take notice of Solarcoin sooner or later. It's just a matter of time.

Good points there, SolarCoiner,

It does take time to discuss with these larger-than-us groups (UpHold), but we are indeed thinking about listing slr with them.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
I went in with a hex editor and took a look at the blockchain. I was rather shocked at the simplicity. Does anyone know how the transaction ID is encoded in the chain itself? Is it standard Bitcoin method? If so I'll just look up the bitcoin blockchain documentation. I'm fairly certain I can bang out some ms basic and get an idea of what I want to do with the data. The idea is to simply write something like blockchain.info, but with added lat/long data mapping for scientific purposes in such a way you can simply download the needed data in comma separated format.

hi Corather, you can reach out to steve woods at vericoin.  The TX message was code from Florincode which should also available online. Should be in the source.

Nick

Thank you Nick. Smiley
I went in with a hex editor and took a look at the blockchain. I was rather shocked at the simplicity. Does anyone know how the transaction ID is encoded in the chain itself? Is it standard Bitcoin method? If so I'll just look up the bitcoin blockchain documentation. I'm fairly certain I can bang out some ms basic and get an idea of what I want to do with the data. The idea is to simply write something like blockchain.info, but with added lat/long data mapping for scientific purposes in such a way you can simply download the needed data in comma separated format.

hi Corather, you can reach out to steve woods at vericoin.  The TX message was code from Florincode which should also available online. Should be in the source.

Nick
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
FYI: Bleutrade
Opened a "can't login" ticket several hours ago.
Also just found (on their forum) other people having the same problem:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13582592

EDIT: FIXED, Login works now.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Who is in charge of or represents the solarcoin foundation, may I ask? 

Id like to have them consider potentially doing a beyond bitcoin hangout to chat with them about this project.
That guy above you, Nick Gogerty is one. Smiley

I greatly appreciate it Smiley

Just FYI, I have replied to your PM. Happy to give transparency into process hang-out AMA etc. just let us know details and venue.

You can visit the site www.solarcoin.org, it highlights media, pod casts etc. on solarcoin. 23 countries have covered us.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
does anyone know anyone here to talk with?  http://www.renewablechoice.com/about/team/  

would be a great claimant and way to grow community.  Major bounty for person who can land them.

Sent them a quick email maybe we will get lucky.
Activity: 158

Id like to have them consider potentially doing a beyond bitcoin hangout to chat with them about this project.

I greatly appreciate it Smiley
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Activity: 158

does anyone know anyone here to talk with?  http://www.renewablechoice.com/about/team/  

would be a great claimant and way to grow community.  Major bounty for person who can land them.
Good thing we were not on cryptsy!
Time to shine  Wink

It was a bad week for Bitcoin - not only cryptsy, but also that Mike Hearn guy... Anyway I'm glad that we are not affected by it. Like you said - Time to shine Smiley

Remember if you know anyone with solarpanels on their roof or a big solar farm.  you can get 10% of the initial claim for residential and 1st year of installations over 20KW.  Head on over to solarcoin.org or fill out the claim application in the wallet.  It grows the value of the community.

For those with friends in the solar media or who are interested, here is the SolarCoin press pack.

Have a great weekend.

Nick
Activity: 71
Nice coin thinking to invest some bit coins on it.
The best place to buy is over at Bittrex. It currently has the most active marketplace.
Jump to: