Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 150. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Im no expert, but the only way any crypto works long term is if the coin can be exchanged for goods/services, so for SLR we need solar installers to accept it in place of fiat, then it not claimants selling out to BTC/LTC or whatever, its an actual economy.

Say they accepted like 5-10% in Solarcoin. That would be huge!

To stay competitive. Then PV producers start accepting SLR from installeres. To stay competitive. Then raw material producers start accepting SLR from PV producers. To stay competitive...etc.etc... Along this chain, everyone adds SLR to their workers' compensations - since these are the people who will want it the most - in order to get the better deals to install/expand the PV installations on their roofs/cars/etc. And to do more of that, they will need more SLR than what they already claim for their Solar electricity production. So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

Why even put any thought limits on the possibilities for expansion into the actual economy?

I think it is called anti-trust law. You are not competing fairly since you don't have a cost to maintain the power lines or respond to power outages. You can't sell the electricity for SLR, because you don't own the lines that carries the power, your excess power only relates to your meter. You would have to bundle claims somehow as one entity and maybe use a Tax write off for each installation or location within an agreement as a whole. I think this may be going on with the large installers behind the scenes since they own the Panels and you lease them. But you would have to buy the SLR as a corporation and then not sell the SLR to take the loss but create the Value. This might work if your corporation sells the Solar Panels and makes a profit to then write off the excess power and boost SLR. But it is convoluted to say the least.

What you refer to is called the Status Quo.
What I refer to is what we are aiming at in this project . It's called Tomorrow, and it's us creating it.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Im no expert, but the only way any crypto works long term is if the coin can be exchanged for goods/services, so for SLR we need solar installers to accept it in place of fiat, then it not claimants selling out to BTC/LTC or whatever, its an actual economy.

To stay competitive. Then PV producers start accepting SLR from installeres. To stay competitive. Then raw material producers start accepting SLR from PV producers. To stay competitive...etc.etc... Along this chain, everyone adds SLR to their workers' compensations - since these are the people who will want it the most - in order to get the better deals to install/expand the PV installations on their roofs/cars/etc. And to do more of that, they will need more SLR than what they already claim for their Solar electricity production. So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

Why even put any thought limits on the possibilities for expansion into the actual economy?

Even if translated differently in a claim I think it falls under anti-trust law. You are not competing fairly since you don't have a cost to maintain the power lines or respond to power outages. You can't sell the electricity for SLR, because you don't own the lines that carries the power, your excess power only relates to your meter. You would have to bundle claims somehow as one entity and maybe use a Tax write off for each installation or location within an agreement as a whole. I think this may be going on with the large installers behind the scenes since they own the Panels and then lease them. But you would have to buy the SLR as a corporation and then not sell the SLR to take the loss but create the Value. This might work if your corporation sells the Solar Panels and makes a profit to then write off the excess power and boost SLR. But it is convoluted to say the least.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

Why even put any thought limits on the possibilities for expansion into the actual economy? NO exchange to/from BTC/FIAT required.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

legendary
Solarcoin.org
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
For those interested SolarCoin will be presenting at the clean energy conference in New York in April 5, 2016.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.conference-board.org%2Fpdf_free%2Fagendas%2F904016%2520Flyer_Clean%2520Energy.pdf

Very exciting i see solar city will be in attendance.
legendary
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 445
^ Not only decentralized currencies, but decentralized electricity as well.

*edit I see what you mean by commodities.

Smiley

Yes that's what I meant Smiley Decentralized is the way to go

Thanks Solarcoiner. That is an excellent take and I agree with you. What's your opinion on external threats to the decentralized crypto ecosystem? i.e. Chinese gov. decides to make i'll name a hypothetical name here for now "Yuancoin"? Do you think that due to network affects and forcing people to use yuancoin that its value is already huge and dwarfing Bitcoin and other altcoins. This may force Bitcoin to go into like another space like "gold" for crypto assets along with altcoins like solarcoin. Or do you think that due to the way/process they setup yuancoin, this will be the major impacts to Bitcoin and the altcoin ecosystem.
From what i've read on the press releases so far on chinese gov. making a crypto coin and linking it to a national currency/identity, it won't be decentralized. It will be under central point of control. That makes me also question, how is that even possible? The risks their must be huge from a security standpoint.

From engineering and open network consensus theory, I believe that decentralized will win out in the long term (just look at internet vs. intranet). It just depends on how long term that is? Anyway, that's only my speculative thoughts.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

I don't see any real threat's to the decentralized ecosystem. The problem with centralized alternatives is you are never in control. Take ripple for example: They released a downloadable wallet which they quickly removed from the market. I was stuck with my coins on the ripple network and there was no way for me to get my wallet back. I had to use some shady tool I found on reddit to somehow connect to the ripple network and send my coins to an exchange. You can't even store Ripples in a wallet on your computer at the moment. Thats how bad it is.
Next they are going to implement capital controls and tell you how much you can send per month Wink

I dont think yuancoin for example would be a significant threat to the decentralized crypto system. I think it would drive even more people to bitcoin as they realize that bitcoin is simply a better yuancoin. But I can see both coexisting at the same time if that makes sense. Just like with fiat and cryptos right now.
I really like that Internet vs Intranet argument.
Just look at how much the internet is changing right now. So much has happened in the last 10 Years
I think a lot of things are going to change in the bitcoin ecosystem!

legendary
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

Smiley

Thanks Solarcoiner. That is an excellent take and I agree with you. What's your opinion on external threats to the decentralized crypto ecosystem? i.e. Chinese gov. decides to make i'll name a hypothetical name here for now "Yuancoin"? Do you think that due to network affects and forcing people to use yuancoin that its value is already huge and dwarfing Bitcoin and other altcoins. This may force Bitcoin to go into like another space like "gold" for crypto assets along with altcoins like solarcoin. Or do you think that due to the way/process they setup yuancoin, this will be the major impacts to Bitcoin and the altcoin ecosystem.
From what i've read on the press releases so far on chinese gov. making a crypto coin and linking it to a national currency/identity, it won't be decentralized. It will be under central point of control. That makes me also question, how is that even possible? The risks their must be huge from a security standpoint.

From engineering and open network consensus theory, I believe that decentralized will win out in the long term (just look at internet vs. intranet). It just depends on how long term that is? Anyway, that's only my speculative thoughts.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Smiley

legendary
Solarcoin.org

Smiley
I agree with Nick. The volume won't stay low forever.
One of the main reasons I am so exited about Solarcoin is because it's so unpopular among cryptos right now.
I think once the Bitcoin block size issues get resolved once and for all we could see a new all time high.
We should concentrate on getting SLR added to more exchanges. That's the only way people will get to know Solarcoin faster. I think once we are on more exchanges the claims might start to increase as well.  
I have been actively messaging a bunch of exchanges to add Solarcoin and it't not easy to say the least. Most people probably don't even take the time to take a look at the project.
You have all these noobs pumping and dumping coins like Vertcoin or Dash or Maxcoin. Were do you think all that money is going to go once people cash out? Obviously back into BTC or LTC. And you can bet the bit of cash I make on these pumps with other coins is going straight into SLR  Wink
At the same time I think a lot of people are just sitting on a sh*tload of litecoins desperately waiting for the price to go up so they can sell.
And that's where Solarcoin comes back into play. I think a lot of Litecoins market cap will come to Solarcoin if it succeeds to get onto more exchanges. (Either way I  still hold a lot of litecoins because you never know with crypto Wink )
I believe the solarcoin price is a reflection of how successful it already is!
Some might say it's just manipulation but there comes a point where you have to ask yourself what defines manipulation? After all it's a free market and someone or a group of people is/are buying up almost all the Solarcoin's for sale. This is VERY real and it has been slowly happening over the last 2.5 Years. And here we are today, and it's still going on.
That's exactly why I have absolutely no problem holding so many solarcoins. I can't find any other crypto out there with the kind of community like this coin has. I almost can't put it into words.
I'm not going to lie, I sold quite a few coins on the way up. I look forward to buying them back if I ever get the chance to do so (if the price goes back down)
Anyway I have to admit I am absolutely in love with Solarcoin. I love every aspect of it and I just love checking my wallet and seeing the stakes rolling in. There is no other coin like it out there. I will always be a supporter of this awesome project and I would love to see Solarcoin succeed along next to Bitcoin. I can see the day Solarcoin will be used hand in hand with bitcoin extending the power of decentralized currencies/commodities even further.

2016 is off to a great start. Lets hope we will reach the sun. I have a feeling 2016 is the year.

Edit: Always remember: IF we see another crypto rally it could be HUGE for Solarcoin. Just do the math, 34 Million available. MUCH less in circulation. If volumes start to increase we could witness some craaaazy sh*t  Grin
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
http://www.electricchain.org/ early days.  initial roadmap under way.  If you are interested in solar energy data, inverters, directly linking data to solarcoin's blockchain or helping to build the world's largest open scientific instrument. sign up.

Solar is going get massive: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-23/the-way-humans-get-electricity-is-about-to-change-forever but then you already knew that if you are here.
Nick, www.electricchain.org doesn't point to anything just a site under construction, Im sure its going to be cool, is there more info?

PS SLR just fell off coinmarketcap cos of low volume I think.....

The http://www.electricchain.org/ is under construction, right now we are adding people and partners to build out the system so bringing people and partners into a dedicated electricchain slack. We will then articulate the full mechanics and roadmap of the project.

correct.  SolarCoin seems to be in the low volume category. That will likely not last for too long.

Nick
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
http://www.electricchain.org/ early days.  initial roadmap under way.  If you are interested in solar energy data, inverters, directly linking data to solarcoin's blockchain or helping to build the world's largest open scientific instrument. sign up.

Solar is going get massive: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-23/the-way-humans-get-electricity-is-about-to-change-forever but then you already knew that if you are here.
Nick, www.electricchain.org doesn't point to anything just a site under construction, Im sure its going to be cool, is there more info?

PS SLR just fell off coinmarketcap cos of low volume I think.....
Jump to: