Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 197. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Thanks for the hardwork how was your trip?

Thanks, got quite a bit of climbing in, and camped with my brother and my dog Leo.  Good times...

-Steve

Thanks for the great work Steve! I am a rockclimber also, mountains are great...
Just updating two of our wallets to 2.0.4
I didn't delete peers.dat yet. Should I still do that?

Nice, where do you like to climb?

It's a good idea to remove peers.dat with this release, as there has been a bit of a battle between 2.0.1/2/3 and 2.0.4. Smiley  It will let the nodes sort out who's good or bad, and restore those that were bad, but are now good.  (That's the "technical" explanation.)

-Steve

Thanks steve, I usually freeclimb in Hokkaido, and Nagano.
Indoor climbing (bouldering) at the gym. Climbing is like a continuous 3D jig-saw puzzle.

Deleted peers.dat on windows.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
solcrypto.com
anybody's window wallet snag for  along time on the "done loading" part of the load screen? Been doing this before and this version it still has opened the wallet yet.

Yes, on the one PC with the much larger wallet file (very long transaction history). Usually rescanning the wallet takes that long...don't know for sure yet.

Mine took considerably longer to load (like biodieselchris) than ver2.0.3, but I just let it go, and it loaded eventually.
Now I am re-downloading bootstrap and reloading the blockchain in Windows ver2.0.4

My Mac ver2.0.4 is running smoothly, current block 835,397. And "In sync".
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Is there anyway to change the data location to another drive than C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin

Add:

datadir={new location here}

To the solarcoin.conf file.

E.g.:

datadir=D:\Wallets\SolarCoin

It works, but when you do new installs, be sure to uncheck the box for installing a config file.  The config file still has to live in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin  though the rest of the data can live in the new location.

-Steve
Activity: 493
Is there anyway to change the data location to another drive than C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin
What is the exact location of the data directory.
Mine seems to be stuck on the last 67 blocks.  Going to see if updating to 2.0.4 will do anything.

To make it easier on you, remove blk0001.dat, peers.dat and txleveldb from your data directory, then install 2.0.4 and Reload the Blockchain.

-Steve

Thanks, got quite a bit of climbing in, and camped with my brother and my dog Leo.  Good times...

-Steve

Thanks for the great work Steve! I am a rockclimber also, mountains are great...

Nice, where do you like to climb?

It's a good idea to remove peers.dat with this release, as there has been a bit of a battle between 2.0.1/2/3 and 2.0.4. Smiley  It will let the nodes sort out who's good or bad, and restore those that were bad, but are now good.  (That's the "technical" explanation.)

-Steve
Mine seems to be stuck on the last 67 blocks.  Going to see if updating to 2.0.4 will do anything.
solcrypto.com

-Steve

Explorer wallet updated to 2.0.4, the RPC API bug appears too have been fixed!
New blocks showing up at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/ (wallet still catching up at the moment, restarted from the bootstrap)

Awesome!  Thanks, fairglu.  I can confirm that the gettransaction RPC call is working for both the PoW and PosT block transactions.

EDIT: getrawtransaction works too.

-Steve

Hmmm, RPC call now fails to obtain tx on block 835001 :/
(For tx 29db570a1c36db492d30c9e515cce30bcaf1084cb6647eb31feb615615dab36f)

Also no PoS block until that point, is that correct?

That is what we were seeing before.  PoW txns are fine and the first PoST txn fails.

I'll take a look at it on mainnet and see what might be different from testnet.

Thanks, fairglu.

-Steve

Well, it looks like transactions from block 835214 onward are the first PoST (version 3) blocks. Blocks 0 to 835213 are PoW (version 2). This occurred when we pulled the plug on 2.0.1, effectively setting end-of-pow at height 835213. Now I know how to fix it, so I'll get an update for you asap.  We may need to issue a 2.0.5 wallet update.

-Steve
New blocks showing up at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/ (wallet still catching up at the moment, restarted from the bootstrap)

Awesome!  Thanks, fairglu.  I can confirm that the gettransaction RPC call is working for both the PoW and PosT block transactions.

-Steve

That is what we were seeing before.  PoW txns are fine and the first PoST txn fails.

I'll take a look at it on mainnet and see what might be different from testnet.

Thanks, fairglu.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

-Steve

-Steve
Interesting observation....
I have about 9 wallet addresses staking and my oldest and largest is finding the majority of my blocks but each block earns an average of .25 SLR while my newest, smaller wallets are earning an average of 2 to 8 SLR as a block reward.

I thought older wallets = better rewards.

Could just be a coincidence though...

There was a request to put a cap on the maximum number of days (30) to use in calculating the coinday weight.  The largest payout I saw on testnet was 11.4 SLR with an input of 1,000,000 coins.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

Hi all, for me, CPU load is not fixed (osx) on 2.0.4, rescan done, "earning stake time"

You will see high CPU usage when the wallet is still syncing.  Once it is staking, you should see lower CPU usage than in previous versions.

-Steve
anybody's window wallet snag for  along time on the "done loading" part of the load screen? Been doing this before and this version it still has opened the wallet yet.

Most of the time, a long delay is caused by re-scanning the blockchain.  I have seen a request to take a look at the necessity of re-scanning the entire blockchain, which makes sense, unless you are re-scanning for wallet transactions.

-Steve
Activity: 300
Interesting observation....
I have about 9 wallet addresses staking and my oldest and largest is finding the majority of my blocks but each block earns an average of .25 SLR while my newest, smaller wallets are earning an average of 2 to 8 SLR as a block reward.

I thought older wallets = better rewards.

Could just be a coincidence though...
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hi all, for me, CPU load is not fixed (osx) on 2.0.4, rescan done, "earning stake time"

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I'm having trouble synchronizing one of my wallets. It's trying to download blocks beyond the current, 835297. This may be due to people running older wallets. It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04. This had to be done for Feathercoin if I remember correctly when they were switching to a centralized coin structure.

Hi corather,

You may need to remove blk0001.dat and txleveldb and re-sync using the "File->Reload Blockchain" feature.  2.0.4 is coming out within the hour, so you may want to wait for that.  2.0.4 will block connections from protocol version 70003.  The newest protocol version is 70004.

-Steve

I reinstalled 2.03 last night and got it running again. Just installed 2.04. So far so good. Smiley
Jump to: