Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 199. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
So here we are 14 hours later and I still can't stake. At this point i'm wondering why everyone else can stake while I need to ''earn stake time''?

I have restarted several times but still no luck,
so please tell me, how can I stake and support the network?
My spendable is constantly under 1 Solarcoin, even though I have a lot more than that.
So now I'm stuck in a scenario where I can't stake and I coulndn't even sell my coins if i wanted to since I cannot spend them.
Great

edit: When we upgrade to 2.04 do we keep our wallet.dat files or should we load old ones from 1.5?
Do the interest payments we already found count towards our balance?
Again, I think we should orphan them and restart staking in a fair way where no one just coincidentally misses the first 3 days of blocks because something doesn't work, but then again thats just my opinion and it doesn't count for much.
Everyone should be able to stake and earn rewards from the moment POST starts.
and this has not been the case
Your opinion matters just as much as every one else, we are a community of equals here.
Although I have not really earned any interest yet even though my wallet has been running from the start of POST i don't think a reset should be considered unless absolutely necessary.
I'm still confused as to how exactly the staking works as I am currently staking 2.7k SLR even though i have much more than that. Currently I have won a block which paid out a hefty 0.255 SLR!

I have the same issue myself.  I bought 50000 SLR and they have not earned interest yet either,  It should be resolved in 2.0.4 with the new interest calculation method.

-Steve

Question 8:
With version 2.0.1 around, having been downloaded and available for installation, if anyone wants to get on the Lottery-Winning-Train, do they just install 2.0.1 and start staking millions of SLR? Which blockchain should they stick to for better results - the main 1.5 PoW blockchain, or the forked 2.0.3? With no blockchain explorer around, I bet the 2.0.1 version is the way to go if anyone wants to get into the billions of SLR within a day or two, without being noticed.

Cool Edit: Any further code changes to PoST implementation MUST FIRST ensure 2.0.1 will not be allowed to stake on the blockchain.

I'm having trouble synchronizing one of my wallets. It's trying to download blocks beyond the current, 835297. This may be due to people running older wallets. It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04. This had to be done for Feathercoin if I remember correctly when they were switching to a centralized coin structure.

"It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04."
If there is a way to that, that will be great, this will solve (I guess) the concern in question 8.

It's quite possible and it's really only a couple of lines of code.

Will keep an eye on that for sure!

btw, one of the reasons I am still mostly on 1.5 is that I am expecting to test the process of the transition from 1.5 to 2.0.4 and the moment I get rejected from 1.5, or have no incentive at all to stay there even if I wanted to. Now replace "I" with "Anyone"...

Also I think I just found a solution to the sync problem as of now - get the 2.0.3 node list from here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network
and replace with it the contents of the SolarCoin.conf file in the C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin folder, then restart 2.0.3. Synced it right away for me after several attempts I did with the same unsuccessful results you quoted.

I'm giving the .conf idea a try. I copy/pasted the original .conf file and then deleted the nodes from the original and pasted the list from the explorer.

One thing you may need to do (just before getting 2.0.4 installed) is delete peers.dat from your data directory.  Nodes on protocol version 70003 are likely DoSing nodes on 70004.

-Steve

y_virtual,

You are not a community supporting member when you behave like this.  Everyone here, myself included, is an investor in this technology.  Why do you try to divide and spread dissension here?  The only chain that matters is the one we all want to see succeed.  You are not contributing to that effort.

-Steve

EDIT: The 22 nodes on 1.5 and the 5 nodes on 2.0.1 are not supporting the network, thus the slow block rate (and likely other symptoms).  If more of the 34M coins were being staked, the health of the network would greatly improve.  2.0.4 should consume significantly less CPU, as well. I'll know more in the morning.

EDIT2: I'd also like to state, I will not be providing support for wallets that have issues updating from the 1.5 fork back on to the main chain.  I simply do not have the resources to do that.  (The only thing I will suggest is wiping the data dir, except wallet.dat, and running 2.0.4).

Re-posting here, so that I don't forget what I was doing here.

Thanks for your support, y_virtual.

-Steve
I'm having trouble synchronizing one of my wallets. It's trying to download blocks beyond the current, 835297. This may be due to people running older wallets. It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04. This had to be done for Feathercoin if I remember correctly when they were switching to a centralized coin structure.

Hi corather,

You may need to remove blk0001.dat and txleveldb and re-sync using the "File->Reload Blockchain" feature.  2.0.4 is coming out within the hour, so you may want to wait for that.  2.0.4 will block connections from protocol version 70003.  The newest protocol version is 70004.

-Steve
Activity: 406
So here we are 14 hours later and I still can't stake. At this point i'm wondering why everyone else can stake while I need to ''earn stake time''?

My spendable is constantly under 1 Solarcoin, even though I have a lot more than that.
So now I'm stuck in a scenario where I can't stake and I coulndn't even sell my coins if i wanted to since I cannot spend them.
Great

edit: When we upgrade to 2.04 do we keep our wallet.dat files or should we load old ones from 1.5?
Again, I think we should orphan them and restart staking in a fair way where no one just coincidentally misses the first 3 days of blocks because something doesn't work, but then again thats just my opinion and it doesn't count for much.
Your opinion matters just as much as every one else, we are a community of equals here.
Although I have not really earned any interest yet even though my wallet has been running from the start of POST i don't think a reset should be considered unless absolutely necessary.
I'm still confused as to how exactly the staking works as I am currently staking 2.7k SLR even though i have much more than that. Currently I have won a block which paid out a hefty 0.255 SLR!

Yes but any idea why I am unable to stake? It worked fine for a few hours and then I had to restart my computer... now all it says its: ''earning stake time''
I have tried disabling and re-enabling staking, restarting the wallet and reloading the blockchain. nothing seems to work

Try re-scanning the wallet?
Activity: 300

Great

Yes but any idea why I am unable to stake? It worked fine for a few hours and then I had to restart my computer... now all it says its: ''earning stake time''
I have tried disabling and re-enabling staking, restarting the wallet and reloading the blockchain. nothing seems to work
Any ideas anyone?
Activity: 445

Great

Great

Activity: 445

Great

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
I didn't like it. Wouldn't load at all. Reverted back to original .conf file.

May depend on the connectivity at the time of obtaining/using the list... it does say "Network Clients seen in the last 24 hours" so it's never "connected as of that moment". Guess I was lucky.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I didn't like it. Wouldn't load at all. Reverted back to original .conf file.
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Question 8:
With version 2.0.1 around, having been downloaded and available for installation, if anyone wants to get on the Lottery-Winning-Train, do they just install 2.0.1 and start staking millions of SLR? Which blockchain should they stick to for better results - the main 1.5 PoW blockchain, or the forked 2.0.3? With no blockchain explorer around, I bet the 2.0.1 version is the way to go if anyone wants to get into the billions of SLR within a day or two, without being noticed.

Cool Edit: Any further code changes to PoST implementation MUST FIRST ensure 2.0.1 will not be allowed to stake on the blockchain.

"It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04."
If there is a way to that, that will be great, this will solve (I guess) the concern in question 8.

btw, one of the reasons I am still mostly on 1.5 is that I am expecting to test the process of the transition from 1.5 to 2.0.4 and the moment I get rejected from 1.5, or have no incentive at all to stay there even if I wanted to. Now replace "I" with "Anyone"...

Also I think I just found a solution to the sync problem as of now - get the 2.0.3 node list from here:
and replace with it the contents of the SolarCoin.conf file in the C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin folder, then restart 2.0.3. Synced it right away for me after several attempts I did with the same unsuccessful results you quoted.

I'm giving the .conf idea a try. I copy/pasted the original .conf file and then deleted the nodes from the original and pasted the list from the explorer.

Question 8:

Good call...
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Question 8:

Question 8:

legendary
Solarcoin.org

y_virtual,

You are not a community supporting member when you behave like this.  Everyone here, myself included, is an investor in this technology.  Why do you try to divide and spread dissension here?  The only chain that matters is the one we all want to see succeed.  You are not contributing to that effort.

-Steve

EDIT: The 22 nodes on 1.5 and the 5 nodes on 2.0.1 are not supporting the network, thus the slow block rate (and likely other symptoms).  If more of the 34M coins were being staked, the health of the network would greatly improve.  2.0.4 should consume significantly less CPU, as well. I'll know more in the morning.

EDIT2: I'd also like to state, I will not be providing support for wallets that have issues updating from the 1.5 fork back on to the main chain.  I simply do not have the resources to do that.  (The only thing I will suggest is wiping the data dir, except wallet.dat, and running 2.0.4).

Re-posting here, so that I don't forget what I was doing here.
My 2.0.3 Windows wallet kept dumping the blockchain like everyone is stating, I had it staking and generated a 5 coin payout for 510 confirms. This is not listed in the unconfirmed reserve. My power shut off while staking so I reloaded the bootstrap and rescanned the wallet. I thought everything was synced up so I wanted to stop staking to test and see if I can transfer the 5 coins even though they are 500 confirms out.

So I loaded the Mac OS wallet fresh on a different computer and copied the address then pasted in the other computer and send 10,000 SLR. It has been about an hour and my 10,000 coins still haven't shown up. Glad I didn't send the other 60,000 since they would not release from staking. I will keep watching but I feel I am stuck now in limbo, can't get my coins to Bittrex and can't even transfer to other wallets.

My Windows wallet keeps popping up with Double the coin balance total but the addition is wrong from the listed transactions, I only have 70,000 coins not 130,000. This wallet will say it is synced and staking but no other coins were produced in 24 hours and it keeps dropping and reloading the block chain from 2500 blocks back.

I really like the PoST wallet and want PoST to succeed so I hope this info helps fix any problems. I have screen shots too.

EDIT: 10,000 Coins just showed up must be slow blocks so now to test and see if I can unstake my reward and send the rest...

How did it go?
I think it is due to the slow block rate.

Ver2.0.3
On the wallet balance column it seems that "Spendable" was zero. "Staking" has increased to "Original balance Total +5.71 coins" in the last two days. The wallet is stable. The "+5.71 coins" turned up in a transaction
I turned off my wallet also and restarted just to test. Now it is "staking" and before I restarted it was "In sync".

Now "Spendable" = "Original wallet balance"
"Staking" = Original wallet balance +5.71 coins

But "Total" = Spendable + staking

Just to confirm that this is normal wallet behaviour for staking?
It seems that the +5.71 coins will show up in another 500 blocks before they can be spent as the generated coins must mature.

I can't get my original 59,000+ coins to unstake. This will include my reward for the 5 coins I earned that are not confirmed yet. These DO NOT show as unconfirmed and were grabbed to stake with on the first time the wallet tried to stake. Initially it said Zero staked for 12 hours, then found a block reward and then lumped in the Reward with my second Transaction to stake with. Which was the 59,000+ coins. I posted earlier about the exact match in math of these 2 transactions and now my 59,000 won't release from staking still. I tried disable and enable then disable again... no luck.

Anyone know how to release the staked coins other than Disable Staking which doesn't work?

Turn off staking and wait 8 hours.

-Steve

Question 9:
Since we do not have control over the spendable vs staking balances, when all spendable amount goes to zero beyond my control, do I have to wait 8 hours before being able to send out ANY payment?

As with any staking wallet, any balance in staking cannot be spent until the stake has been confirmed. There is a way to limit how many coins you'd like to have available for staking at any given time through the console menu.

You can also use the options menu. There's a reserve feature right in the main panel.

That's false. You can reserve an amount to NOT stake in Settings->Options.

-Steve

Great, thank you! This is really an important option, good to know where to set it from.

Question 9 answered!

lfloorwalker and CryptoNick, I guess this answers most of your questions about this, but please let us know if there are any additional concerns at this point.

OK, then please add it as an open issue that needs to be closed properly.
Thanks

My 2.0.3 Windows wallet kept dumping the blockchain like everyone is stating, I had it staking and generated a 5 coin payout for 510 confirms. This is not listed in the unconfirmed reserve. My power shut off while staking so I reloaded the bootstrap and rescanned the wallet. I thought everything was synced up so I wanted to stop staking to test and see if I can transfer the 5 coins even though they are 500 confirms out.

So I loaded the Mac OS wallet fresh on a different computer and copied the address then pasted in the other computer and send 10,000 SLR. It has been about an hour and my 10,000 coins still haven't shown up. Glad I didn't send the other 60,000 since they would not release from staking. I will keep watching but I feel I am stuck now in limbo, can't get my coins to Bittrex and can't even transfer to other wallets.

My Windows wallet keeps popping up with Double the coin balance total but the addition is wrong from the listed transactions, I only have 70,000 coins not 130,000. This wallet will say it is synced and staking but no other coins were produced in 24 hours and it keeps dropping and reloading the block chain from 2500 blocks back.

I really like the PoST wallet and want PoST to succeed so I hope this info helps fix any problems. I have screen shots too.

EDIT: 10,000 Coins just showed up must be slow blocks so now to test and see if I can unstake my reward and send the rest...

How did it go?
I think it is due to the slow block rate.

Ver2.0.3
On the wallet balance column it seems that "Spendable" was zero. "Staking" has increased to "Original balance Total +5.71 coins" in the last two days. The wallet is stable. The "+5.71 coins" turned up in a transaction
I turned off my wallet also and restarted just to test. Now it is "staking" and before I restarted it was "In sync".

Now "Spendable" = "Original wallet balance"
"Staking" = Original wallet balance +5.71 coins

But "Total" = Spendable + staking

Just to confirm that this is normal wallet behaviour for staking?
It seems that the +5.71 coins will show up in another 500 blocks before they can be spent as the generated coins must mature.

I can't get my original 59,000+ coins to unstake. This will include my reward for the 5 coins I earned that are not confirmed yet. These DO NOT show as unconfirmed and were grabbed to stake with on the first time the wallet tried to stake. Initially it said Zero staked for 12 hours, then found a block reward and then lumped in the Reward with my second Transaction to stake with. Which was the 59,000+ coins. I posted earlier about the exact match in math of these 2 transactions and now my 59,000 won't release from staking still. I tried disable and enable then disable again... no luck.

Anyone know how to release the staked coins other than Disable Staking which doesn't work?

Turn off staking and wait 8 hours.

-Steve

Question 9:
Since we do not have control over the spendable vs staking balances, when all spendable amount goes to zero beyond my control, do I have to wait 8 hours before being able to send out ANY payment?

That's false. You can reserve an amount to NOT stake in Settings->Options.

-Steve
Jump to: