Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 195. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Updated to 2.05 and the blocks are rolling in.  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIN7AR5YVQ

Should post on FB forum as well (different public from Bitcointalk forum, might appeal)
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

EDIT: This could be sped up by getting more 1.5 wallets on 2.0.5.

Yup

we are up to 34  from 28 yesterday    2.05 wallets  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Can someone clarify how staking really works and why I am getting weird numbers in the spendable tab?
For some reason I have 0.514 ''spendable'' slr even though my stake is a lot more than that.
Shouldn't I be able to spend the coins I already had before block 830000?
I'm worried that my wallet file got corrupted.. My total balance is fine , only the spendable is displaying 0.514 SLR even though there is no transaction for that amount. I have no idea why it's keeping those 0.514?
Is everything fine with my wallet or do I need to reload it from a old backup wallet.dat file?

The old coins are being staked.  If you need some coins to be set aside to spend, set your Reserve Balance in Setting->Options.

-Steve

Thanks for the clarification.
And thank you for your hard work Smiley
Could you help me find out if I have done something wrong?
Before I installed 2.05 I deleted my Solarcoin folder in %appdata% ( I obviously kept my wallet.dat file) and uninstalled solarcoin.
Then I restarted my computer and installed 2.05
It looks like the wallet is now using way less cpu power.. however I'm not sure it's working the way it should for me
I haven't found any blocks since version 2.04 with a rather large stake, so I just wanted to double check if it's all fine...
This morning it said: time to earn interest: 4 hours. As time went by this number kept growing and now it says 1 day.
Shouldn't I be finding more blocks considering I have over 300k slr? Smiley
Thx

It sounds like it is working.  When your coins staked earlier, the coin age was reset, so they have to now earn coin age > 8 hours before they will stake again.  Also, as is my case, the coins have to have a minimum of 500 confirmations to stake, which is taking longer than 8 hours with our current block rate.  i don't expect to earn any interest for another 203 blocks (probably another 10 hours at this rate).

-Steve

EDIT: This could be sped up by getting more 1.5 wallets on 2.0.5.
Activity: 445
Can someone clarify how staking really works and why I am getting weird numbers in the spendable tab?
For some reason I have 0.514 ''spendable'' slr even though my stake is a lot more than that.
I'm worried that my wallet file got corrupted.. My total balance is fine , only the spendable is displaying 0.514 SLR even though there is no transaction for that amount. I have no idea why it's keeping those 0.514?
Is everything fine with my wallet or do I need to reload it from a old backup wallet.dat file?

The old coins are being staked.  If you need some coins to be set aside to spend, set your Reserve Balance in Setting->Options.

-Steve

Thanks for the clarification.
And thank you for your hard work Smiley
Could you help me find out if I have done something wrong?
Before I installed 2.05 I deleted my Solarcoin folder in %appdata% ( I obviously kept my wallet.dat file) and uninstalled solarcoin.
Then I restarted my computer and installed 2.05
It looks like the wallet is now using way less cpu power.. however I'm not sure it's working the way it should for me
I haven't found any blocks since version 2.04 with a rather large stake, so I just wanted to double check if it's all fine...
This morning it said: time to earn interest: 4 hours. As time went by this number kept growing and now it says 1 day.
Shouldn't I be finding more blocks considering I have over 300k slr? Smiley
Thx
Hi does the PC need to be on 24/7 to stake

Yes it does need to be run 24/7

But just turn off your monitor to save $

Yes, technically, you cannot stake if you don't run your wallet. Wink

-Steve

No, but the rewards are greater for those that do, and the network is stronger when everyone stakes.  It's really quite similar to mining, but much "greener".

-Steve
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
With 2.0.5, both the bootstrap and the wallet updates are downloaded from the dedicated server now.  My update went fast and smooth, and worked as originally intended.

-Steve
Those of you that had CPU issues, can you confirm any relief in 2.0.5?  (Not during startup or syncing, but while staking.)

-Steve
Activity: 523

The old coins are being staked.  If you need some coins to be set aside to spend, set your Reserve Balance in Setting->Options.

-Steve
legendary

I haven't found a single block since 2 days. How is this possible? no bocks rolling in for me haha

I was also having problems until this morning when i installed 2.05 and before that deleted my old files
Activity: 445

I haven't found a single block since 2 days. How is this possible? no bocks rolling in for me haha
legendary
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
SolarChange will be giving its first Conference Presentation at "The Financing of Renewable Energy Projects", Cairo Egypt, this October 1st
Agenda available @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

How much in being "staked"? Staked coins are not available until the stake reward is confirmed. Currently it takes 510 confirms.

I sent you a PM with the numbers... Thx for the info!

Reply sent.
Jump to: