Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 257. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Merry Christmas everyone.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Let's study Paycoin (XPY).

It's now #4 at Coinmarketcap. (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/)

It's very young coin, about 1 week old.
However, there are lots of buy support because their own payment gateway, Paybase will let people trade at fixed price of 20$.

To do so, GAW miner, the founder of Paycoin, made dedicated plan with sophisticated ideas.

1. huge amount of premine and sold it to merchants, investors.

2. fast transition from PoW to PoS

3. Paybase (www.paybase.com)

4. Orion controller (will work like Darkcoin master node)

How about Solarcoin?

At least, we need something like Paybase to hit out target price 20$. Smiley

Paybase would be amazing, however paycoin is targeted towards the consumer. Solarcoins best route of action for quicker merchant adoption would be to craft an easier way for acceptance by solar technology companies, installers, and dealers, that's our target audience. At the same time it has to be as easy to use as a credit card or gift card. It needs these things because it's still like every other crypto out there, unknown and difficult to use by the masses.

That being said, GAW purchased companies that developed these systems to integrate with the visa network, and added some crypto currency magic in between and they already have a huge base of investors. There's also a large investment firm backing Paycoin with a (20 dollar) floor. The currency is designed to create income through volume transactions on normal every day purchases.

I don't know. I think the easiest way to move solarcoin around between the typical consumer is probably something like a prypto card with valuations suited for the solar industry, at least on the business level, give them something tangible. A card they can scan and see a transaction without having to go through the trouble of actually running a wallet since all the data is already on the blockchain.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Let's study Paycoin (XPY).

It's now #4 at Coinmarketcap. (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/)

Whitepaper (https://c91475e716c8925e05c6-d2659d433205cf4410415f8dd63807af.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/paycoinwhitepaper.pdf)

It's very young coin, about 1 week old.
However, there are lots of buy support because their own payment gateway, Paybase will let people trade at fixed price of 20$.

To do so, GAW miner, the founder of Paycoin, made dedicated plan with sophisticated ideas.

1. huge amount of premine and sold it to merchants, investors.

2. fast transition from PoW to PoS

3. Paybase (www.paybase.com)

4. Orion controller (will work like Darkcoin master node)

How about Solarcoin?

At least, we need something like Paybase to hit out target price 20$. Smiley

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I will be replenishing those over the next few weeks... One shouldn't make the mistake in assuming that I am "divesting". That is far from the case...  Grin If I had a bitcoin's worth of fiat right now, I'd gladly snatch up those 50,000 someone just popped on Bittrex at 2000. LOL
There. §55,000 out of my hands and into the hands of 11 people I love and adore.  Kiss

I was hoping to explain staking to them as well but I guess that'll have to wait.
I'm doing a bunch of paper wallets today for Christmas presents. §5000 each.  Grin

For anyone who isn't familiar with it, you can do them with this: https://solarcoinwallet.com/

Also, I did up a little instruction thing a while back to give to people so they could access them, it needs updating but if you want to use it, feel free: http://solarcoin.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=697&sid=4150a4fb69b1fd0822a90b776a8a1a95
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Holy carp, am I glad SLR was one of the 3 or 4 cryptos I invested with! I picked which ones to buy based on the criterion that they were sound, honest, and had a use case founded in the real world (well.. except for HYPER. But that was based on the idea that people will keep playing video games,which seems reasonable.) All went up in the recent btc price crash. I'm really glad SolarCoin was one of them. I just wish I had bought more. I really hope this kills off some shitcoins.

+8

What's your SLR address? Smiley
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Holy carp, am I glad SLR was one of the 3 or 4 cryptos I invested with! I picked which ones to buy based on the criterion that they were sound, honest, and had a use case founded in the real world (well.. except for HYPER. But that was based on the idea that people will keep playing video games,which seems reasonable.) All went up in the recent btc price crash. I'm really glad SolarCoin was one of them. I just wish I had bought more. I really hope this kills off some shitcoins.
legendary
Took 60,000 Solacoins off the market yesterday on Bittrex and sent them to cold storage. Smiley
Activity: 30
Any is good my vote is a great start to a new year!
Vote: is POSV a merry christmas, a happy new year, or one year anniversary

I'm good with any of them, but I'd love a Merry Christmas. Cheesy
JGO
Activity: 1
a Merry Christmas  Smiley
Activity: 30
legendary
Solarcoin.org
I now have over 18 MH/s on the solarcoin blockchain. I know it's not much, but I am going to keep it on there until the PoS wallet is ready. I'd encourage anyone else who has a stake in solarcoin and can spare some hash to do the same.
Activity: 15
Nick's post was all I needed. All good now.
Activity: 368
Yes, yes, that's all well and good. Nevertheless, a good explanation doesn't do a damned thing about the problem. Someone on the dev team needs to contact this guy and has needed to do so since April. The fact that no one has makes me go from 'hopeful' to 'extremely dubious'. Do you understand? It's not the claim that bugs me, per se, but the fact that this has just been sitting out therefor MONTHS and no one has done a damned thing about it.

I _was_ extremely positive about this coin. Seeing that claim made me think about getting out entirely. Hearing that it's an old, unadressed claim makes me DEFINITELY want to get out as soon as I can.

Don't worry about that if they fix this one a new website will pop up tomoro the only thing that matter is if you have your coins.

+1

Do your homework buddy. The coin is more sound than you and I; hence Nick's post  Smiley

Get your coins while you can, PoSV around the corner.

And, don't believe all the junk that people publish on the internet!  

legendary
Solarcoin.org
Yes, yes, that's all well and good. Nevertheless, a good explanation doesn't do a damned thing about the problem. Someone on the dev team needs to contact this guy and has needed to do so since April. The fact that no one has makes me go from 'hopeful' to 'extremely dubious'. Do you understand? It's not the claim that bugs me, per se, but the fact that this has just been sitting out therefor MONTHS and no one has done a damned thing about it.

I _was_ extremely positive about this coin. Seeing that claim made me think about getting out entirely. Hearing that it's an old, unadressed claim makes me DEFINITELY want to get out as soon as I can.

I wasn't aware of this, neither was anyone else on the team to my knowledge.  It is a case of SWIWOTI.  

I sent an e-mail this evening hoping to fix it. Hope it works.:

Christian,

hello. I recently had a member of the solarcoin forum indicate that Cryptocoin charts indicates, solarcoin is a scamcoin due to the marketcap presentation.

Our market cap as seen on coinmarketcap is based on currently circulating coins around 33.5million.  there is a large 99% pre-mine which is in cold storage shown on our block-exploerer http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ .

Solarcoin is given to solar energy generators at the rate of §1 per 1 MWh of verified solar energy production. 5% of the circulating coins are held in a genesis pool for incenting founders, bounties and marketing. To date none of the genesis pool has been distributed.  So far Solarcon have been distributed to solar energy generators in 15 countries.  The rest of circulating coins have been mined in traditional proof of work methods.

The coin is closing in on its 1 yr anniversary.  Would you consider changing the message associated with the coin? We are working on locking up the large pre-mine algorithmically in 2015.  The Coin is meant as a solar energy incentive to be given out to solar energy generators over the next 40 years. It has been written up in 23 countries and by sites including, Coindesk, Scientific American and the New Scientist among others.

We strive to be as transparent as possible and welcome questions.

regards,

Nick

Monetary policy advisor Solarcoin

+2(8^8) Which happens to be roughly the amount of solarcoin in circulation right now.

I guess you could say, the numbers add up for this coin. Smiley

Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

I wasn't aware of this, neither was anyone else on the team to my knowledge.  It is a case of SWIWOTI. 

I sent an e-mail this evening hoping to fix it. Hope it works.:

Christian,

hello. I recently had a member of the solarcoin forum indicate that Cryptocoin charts indicates, solarcoin is a scamcoin due to the marketcap presentation.

Our market cap as seen on coinmarketcap is based on currently circulating coins around 33.5million.  there is a large 99% pre-mine which is in cold storage shown on our block-exploerer http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ .

Solarcoin is given to solar energy generators at the rate of §1 per 1 MWh of verified solar energy production. 5% of the circulating coins are held in a genesis pool for incenting founders, bounties and marketing. To date none of the genesis pool has been distributed.  So far Solarcon have been distributed to solar energy generators in 15 countries.  The rest of circulating coins have been mined in traditional proof of work methods.

The coin is closing in on its 1 yr anniversary.  Would you consider changing the message associated with the coin? We are working on locking up the large pre-mine algorithmically in 2015.  The Coin is meant as a solar energy incentive to be given out to solar energy generators over the next 40 years. It has been written up in 23 countries and by sites including, Coindesk, Scientific American and the New Scientist among others.

We strive to be as transparent as possible and welcome questions.

regards,

Nick

Monetary policy advisor Solarcoin

I never said it wasn't addressed.  Smiley If the owner of that website chooses not to remove the comment, that's his choice.

It is also your choice to choose one negative point out of many, many positive ones as a reason not to support SolarCoin. Any investment requires individual due diligence and every person has their own set of rules to determine whether or not to support the idea. You appear to have a clearly defined set of rules such that your risk threshold is very low. Yet here you are in cryptoland, where risk is the modus operandi.

I suggest you continue your research in order to get more comfortable, or perhaps re-define your investment philosophy. Obviously if SLR doesn't meet your needs, there are many other opportunities to consider.

I should also clarify, my intention with these comments is not be be negative of your point of view, simply I am suggesting there are alternative points of view that are just as valid. I'm hopeful you don't let one issue such as this one be the sole determining factor in your decision to support SolarCoin. Smiley
legendary

Don't worry about that if they fix this one a new website will pop up tomoro the only thing that matter is if you have your coins.
Jump to: