Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 268. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 250
It would be interesting to know just how much Solarcoin our Ghost trader has, seems like a never ending supply

They will run out soon, not many selling at the moment and they are the same person who always has the sell box, try it bump the buy price up and watch the top selling one disappear.

I have bee trying for days to try and keep the price up to stop them making a profit, they have to be running either C.A.T or Quataloo, hopefully they will move on soon.  Angry

If people are not selling, I, not sure how he is making money from this. He is just selling his solarcoin stake surely. For this to be effective shouldn't he have the ability to buy low and sell high? If all the buyers are hoarding them where is his liquidity coming from?

People just sell this coin that is all.

All the people here say 'this is really good coin!!'

But the buy wall is real small volume.

And wallet update is delayed without any notification

And foundation is also quite.

That is the real of solarcoin

Activity: 300
It would be interesting to know just how much Solarcoin our Ghost trader has, seems like a never ending supply

They will run out soon, not many selling at the moment and they are the same person who always has the sell box, try it bump the buy price up and watch the top selling one disappear.

I have bee trying for days to try and keep the price up to stop them making a profit, they have to be running either C.A.T or Quataloo, hopefully they will move on soon.  Angry

If people are not selling, I, not sure how he is making money from this. He is just selling his solarcoin stake surely. For this to be effective shouldn't he have the ability to buy low and sell high? If all the buyers are hoarding them where is his liquidity coming from?
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Activity: 300
Activity: 368
How's the PoSV code update progressing?
I think that's a cool idea Lucky. I'd send 10k SLR to help fund that. Perhaps more!  Grin

Anybody make any progress with a flyer?  If so, maybe I can use it (somehow) in the giveaway site?

I have been slacking.  Im not that good at it but i do want to try to make one hopefully very soon.

Yeah, me too…have to find some time next week to dive into the web site and the flyer creation Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I think that's a cool idea Lucky. I'd send 10k SLR to help fund that. Perhaps more!  Grin

Anybody make any progress with a flyer?  If so, maybe I can use it (somehow) in the giveaway site?

I have been slacking.  Im not that good at it but i do want to try to make one hopefully very soon.

Activity: 406
Some cheap coins out there for the taking!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I've spoken to many people about SLR on the IRC. It turns out a few of them are waiting for incorporation so they can offer their services and get a tax break. So don't worry about it, follow the plan and have patience.
Activity: 406
The last few weeks have proved that the price is only reflecting an idea in its infancy. If people valued the new idea and demand picked up more, the price would go up and miners would come back. Yet that hasn't happened. It will be the same with the PoS structure. Until we see action on the idea (i.e. an increase in generators claiming coins), I don't think we'll see much of an uptick in price in the short term, even when the wallet algorithm changes.

Even I fell victim to the expectations trap!  Shocked

It's an interesting chicken & egg scenario. Cheesy I think we all had expectations of a price increase solely as a result of making changes to the algorithm even though the only goal of changing the algorithm was to reduce risk on the network to support the price as it naturally goes up. Soon we will have a safer algorithm in place to support growing the network (and eventually price) but it still comes back to the mission of getting coins into generators hands, that IS the point of SolarCoin. And, as we are all aware, that sort of thing doesn't happen overnight, especially when almost everyone involved thinks the only people qualified to grow the network are those involved with the "Foundation". We can all choose to play a larger role, we don't need their permission to do it. The foundation is already there and it isn't about individuals, it's about all of us as a network. As soon as we clue into that, the better off we'll be.  Roll Eyes

Right now most people are classical "investors". Throw some money at something and expect others to do all the work to make it happen and then when nothing happens, rage against the machine. The thing about cryptocurrency that we need recognize and accept is the fact that we are all cogs in that machine and if it's gonna move we can't just sit back and expect everyone else to do all the work.

And now we are back to the same place we were before, the price is not reflecting the value of the idea. The idea needs to be acted upon more robustly and show signs of becoming a reality first before price will follow. Securing the network via PoS is just one of the first steps the community felt was important to make, i.e. secure the network before coin distribution starts to pick up. The PoS algorithm should keep the technology of the blockchain current for long enough that focus can be paid again to the Mission, thus the current holding pattern. I expect once that hurdle is cleared in the next week or so, advancement towards acting on the mission will continue, hopefully by more of us than just Nick and Joe.

That's my humble opinion.  Kiss
Activity: 493
If you can't beat'em join them!!!!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bot-cat-cryptocurrency-automatic-trader-new-price-list-042021-507103

I have a small stack so i'm going to take a crack at it.  Try to figure out a way to drive up the price  Wink
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Wow we took another big hit today on Bittrex
Fairly understandable really.  The miners have lost interest bye and bye, and without the POS wallet in place SLR is drifting sideways.  If it wasn't for Jupiter2014 putting 141 Mhash into the mining the difficulty would be at or  below 1.0.  With only BOTs doing any trading you can expect quite large shifts in the price until that POS wallet comes out.

Not much to do except wait....

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Wow we took another big hit today on Bittrex
legendary
I think people should try and get as much as they can before this hits another exchange.  Right now it is being kept low by the bots. Once we get on another exchange like cryptsy it will be hard to manipulate because people will but from one and sell on the other.

Ya i just buy at the ask when i have some btc available of course i like to pay lower but anyhting under a penny is a bargain for me.

For about $2000 someone could wipe out the entire order book on the ask on bittrex to about .00003577 
Activity: 493
I think people should try and get as much as they can before this hits another exchange.  Right now it is being kept low by the bots. Once we get on another exchange like cryptsy it will be hard to manipulate because people will but from one and sell on the other.
legendary
I put a low buy order in today due the crazy manipulation and have just managed to snap it up and 1300, not sure whats going on today, someone trying to offload or someone just pi%$*ng about

Congrats on the buy. I'm to lazy i just buy at the ask  Smiley
Jump to: