Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 271. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 368
HI we added Solar coin to Cryptex,
https://cryptex.biz/market/116

Added to the OP. Happy trading!  Smiley

Hey all, I got a PM that this exchange plans to do a giveaway of SLR so I sent them §2000 to work with. Every little bit helps I guess.  Cheesy

Nice!

HI we added Solar coin to Cryptex,
https://cryptex.biz/market/116

Added to the OP. Happy trading!  Smiley

Hey all, I got a PM that this exchange plans to do a giveaway of SLR so I sent them §2000 to work with. Every little bit helps I guess.  Cheesy
Activity: 493
When is the POS supposed to be in place?  Also is there any chance of SLR being added to another exchange?
Activity: 523
Thanks for your patience everyone.  Four of us from the CCN team are working around the clock to figure out some of the last issues with the source code on the POSV transition right now.  Since the only coin that has done a successful hardfork from litecoin PoW to POSV is Reddcoin  there is just not a lot of people out there to help us. We are reaching out to the greater Bitcoin development community and the core dev from Reddcoin and Shibecoin to get some help to get past this last hurdle.    It's not easy to go through all this code and get it working properly.  We are going through and comparing 3 different githubs and looking through all the code, recompiling, and testing.  The good news is that we have narrowed things down quite a bit.  There is really only one thing left to get working properly. We are also going to be much better developers because of this.

I hope to have the best news possible very soon.  I've pointed my miners at Solarcoin to help secure your network for the time being.

-Patrick

*edit* special thanks to Kassado from Rubycoin for his help as well

*edit x 2* we made some important progress since i first posted this just a couple hours ago, ciao

Good for your hard working.

I am curious about "important progress" Smiley

Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Thanks for your patience everyone.  Four of us from the CCN team are working around the clock to figure out some of the last issues with the source code on the POSV transition right now.  Since the only coin that has done a successful hardfork from litecoin PoW to POSV is Reddcoin  there is just not a lot of people out there to help us. We are reaching out to the greater Bitcoin development community and the core dev from Reddcoin and Shibecoin to get some help to get past this last hurdle.    It's not easy to go through all this code and get it working properly.  We are going through and comparing 3 different githubs and looking through all the code, recompiling, and testing.  The good news is that we have narrowed things down quite a bit.  There is really only one thing left to get working properly. We are also going to be much better developers because of this.

I hope to have the best news possible very soon.  I've pointed my miners at Solarcoin to help secure your network for the time being.

-Patrick

*edit x 2* we made some important progress since i first posted this just a couple hours ago, ciao

Thank you for all the effort put into this.

Nick
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Looks like someone may have read my comments as the spread has nicely tightened up   Grin

Edited: oops spoke to soon , looks like someone else didn't like the tight spread and opened it back up again because the bots are back after whoever it was took all that buy wall out of 500's
They seem to be using a software something like Quatloo trader that now has the function of running arbitrage on Bittrex, where you can set it to buy low and sell high, it will make sure their selling price is always at the top depending on what their minimum set spread is, which can and has driven the price down, it sells to all the small buys to bring the buying price down, the only way that slows it down is when the big 1000+ buys come in or the spread is very small.

We just need everybody's help to keep spread tight and don't give them the opportunity they will eventually move away.

Thanks for the explanation!  Smiley
They seem to be using a software something like Quatloo trader that now has the function of running arbitrage on Bittrex, where you can set it to buy low and sell high, it will make sure their selling price is always at the top depending on what their minimum set spread is, which can and has driven the price down, it sells to all the small buys to bring the buying price down, the only way that slows it down is when the big 1000+ buys come in or the spread is very small.

We just need everybody's help to keep spread tight and don't give them the opportunity they will eventually move away.
My opinion is that the person who is running arbitrage bots on slr to make a few extra cents a day has no interest in the coin if they did they would point it somewhere else, I have tested my theory many times and have always come to the same conclusion.

And if they are were to say they had a long term interest in SLR then they are not very smart or they wouldn't be running the bots

Roll Eyes

At least they're providing some liquidity. Smiley Any good trader shouldn't "care" about the asset they are profiting from anyway, that way they can better make profits whether the market is trading up, down or sideways.

You refer to them as arbitrage bots, can you explain what you mean exactly? Arbitrage generally has a specific meaning of taking "risk free" profits that are on the table either across exchanges or across a series of trading pairs when prices are out of line with each other. Are you saying these bot programs are tied to the performance of other altcoins as well that trade on Bittrex? It doesn't look like there are bots on Allcrypt so it can't be exchange arbitrage. Or does arbitrage mean something different in altcoin land? That's always possible too.  Cheesy
My opinion is that the person who is running arbitrage bots on slr to make a few extra cents a day has no interest in the coin if they did they would point it somewhere else, I have tested my theory many times and have always come to the same conclusion.

And if they are were to say they had a long term interest in SLR then they are not very smart or they wouldn't be running the bots

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

-Patrick

legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org
"Turn those machines back on"  Grin

LMFAO!!!

lol one of my fav movie quotes. Hopefully the guy running the bots will be screaming this one day.

That movie was classic.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
"Turn those machines back on"  Grin

LMFAO!!!

lol one of my favorite movie quotes Hopefully the guy running the bots will be screaming this one day.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
"Turn those machines back on"  Grin
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Activity: 368
Well it's not really price manipulation right now.

We are in a meltdown trend thanks to all the scams of Altcoins.  

Mintpal bankruptcy after the wonderful Mt Gox scandal...  Poloniex exchange DDoS attacks and also several instances of lost coins.  Bittrex selling scam ICO/ITO offerings...  Bots...  Pump n dump groups...  The list keeps going on and on and on...

Dan Metcalf - highly respected cryptocurrency programmer was accused of some pretty hefty things and after reading through all the info, it could quite possibly be legitimate.

Either way after all these downward spiral events, we are at the turning point where people are no longer trusting altcoins due to the greedy few that have truly screwed the system...

There is a long road ahead for Bitcoin, but an even longer road ahead for altcoins.  You can see the crash happening, looking at every altcoin.  Volume is gone, price is gone, and the downward trend will continue...  For how long, who knows.

The few good coins that are legitimate and have a good community, like solarcoin, will survive the storm, but the scar in the system will remain...

The future of altcoins is a giant black cloud right now....  I will continue holding, as I believe SLR will carry on, but in the near future, it's going to be a roller coaster of a ride...
Interesting take... Thanks for that

Mazz, it's the truth of the current stage of altcoins.  I read a post somewhere a while back about the "altcoin meltdown".  I was a skeptic, now I am a believer...  It's happening right now.  Too many negative events, new users losing money...  The trust factor has been lost.  Pump n dump groups soon won't have anything to pump which in the long term will be good for altcoins.  Maybe once the pump groups are gone, we can actually see real growth in the real projects, but until then, it's a dark time.

There's no meltdown…more like a shakedown.  Fear mongers are everywhere.

There's always problems with exchanges - people who leave their coins on/in exchanges are nuts!  Most of these exchanges are average Joe's, so why would you trust them?  In-and-out should be everyone's philosophy when using an exchange - get your coins back in your personal wallets / cold storage; at least until a regulated/trusted body gets involved.

There are some dumb/junk coins. It's time some of them went away.

Do your DD when choosing coins, specifically when it comes to the people behind them. This is what attracted me to solarcoin. Solid purpose/goal. Transparency. A charter. A team. A move to incorporation, non-profit. Nick. Educated professionals/volunteers backing/moving the cause.

I don't think programmers should drive the progress of a coin. Solarcoin has a Foundation, that needs to make the decisions. The technology development (blockchain) is the vehicle, but the developers do not drive it….that's just wrong, and too risky. I would be very weary of putting my money in a place that operates like that.

The cream will rise to the top in this space - and there are some great coins that are moving forward.  The strong will always survive.  I wouldn't sell anything right now.  I'm holding strong…and buying where the weak are giving.
I read drizzle's last post just after I posted the above and his take on the condition of the altcoin market overall is also important to keep in mind. In fact, it reinforces exactly what I suggested in my own post. Seriously consider where you want to put your money and at what price. It's a wild storm we are in, don't forget!
Jump to: