Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 263. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Let it be known that on this historic day the first ever SolarCoin transaction for a product sold by a store was finally completed when Mr Charles Roth from Florida purchased a Cappuccino Scented Soy wax candle for 2000 SLR  + 200 SLR tip.
Congratulations to Mr Roth and to CandlelitDay!

Wasn't Nick's book technically the first product sold for SLR.......or was that not considered a purchase through a "store"?  I know for me personally that was the first tangible item I have ever purchased with any crypto currency Grin

Either way, GREAT news:-)
Yeah, Nicks book was the first item. Candlelit Day is the first store to accept solarcoin as payment.
Activity: 406
Maybe someday we'll be talking about the 2000 Solarcoin candles like the 10000 bitcoin pizza  Wink

Yeah, you'd better buy back those Solarcoin in the exchange...!

Payday Thursday! Maybe I can get lucky and Ghost will sell me some of his cheap coins. LOL
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Let it be known that on this historic day the first ever SolarCoin transaction for a product sold by a store was finally completed when Mr Charles Roth from Florida purchased a Cappuccino Scented Soy wax candle for 2000 SLR  + 200 SLR tip.

Wasn't Nick's book technically the first product sold for SLR.......or was that not considered a purchase through a "store"?  I know for me personally that was the first tangible item I have ever purchased with any crypto currency Grin

Either way, GREAT news:-)
Maybe someday we'll be talking about the 2000 Solarcoin candles like the 10000 bitcoin pizza  Wink

Yeah, you'd better buy back those Solarcoin in the exchange...!
Activity: 368

Thank you so much solarcoin community!

Epiphany, LuckyKey and Charles!

The first retail Solarcoin customers!
Second order for candles paid with Solacoin just completed!
If that person wishes to be named let me hear them say YAY!

YAY!!! I bought 10. Merry frickin' Christmas everyone!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Great! I sent some too.

We need the CCN dev folks to setup solarpay, like their canna pay. So far we have Nick's book and candles.

Once the Foundation firms it's footings, and vendors & services companies come onboard, there can be more items for sale via solarcoins  Wink

Power inverters, grid ties, and solar panels? Count me in. Cheesy

Great! I sent some too.

We need the CCN dev folks to setup solarpay, like their canna pay. So far we have Nick's book and candles.

Once the Foundation firms it's footings, and vendors & services companies come onboard, there can be more items for sale via solarcoins  Wink
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Woot! Woot! I should order a bunch for Christmas presents! How long does it take to ship to Canada? Do you know?

I would estimate 2 weeks
The candles are 200g Natural soy wax candles with a burn time of approximately 45 hours.
Available scents:-
- Vanilla
- Cinnamon
- Sugar Cookie
- Blueberry Pie
- Cantaloupe
- Christmas Tree
- Cappuccino
- Harvest Spice
- Jasmine
- Spiced Orange
- Mango & PAPAYA
- Chocolate Cake
- Cool Cucumber
- Orange
- Gooseberry
- Honeysuckle Jasmine
- Lavender
- Papaya

Current price:- 2000SLR Each (delivery charges included)
Here's a few images https://db.tt/WAtls4mg

Cool. How do I buy them?

It'd be a nice option to have the solarcoin logo on them  Wink

It'd be a nice option to have the solarcoin logo on them  Wink << no there's a good idea Smiley

The easiest option is to PM me, i can arrange the purchase for you Smiley

Thanks
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Woot! Woot! I should order a bunch for Christmas presents! How long does it take to ship to Canada? Do you know?

I would estimate 2 weeks
The candles are 200g Natural soy wax candles with a burn time of approximately 45 hours.
- Vanilla
- Cinnamon
- Sugar Cookie
- Blueberry Pie
- Cantaloupe
- Christmas Tree
- Cappuccino
- Harvest Spice
- Jasmine
- Spiced Orange
- Mango & PAPAYA
- Chocolate Cake
- Cool Cucumber
- Orange
- Gooseberry
- Honeysuckle Jasmine
- Lavender
- Papaya

Cool. How do I buy them?

It'd be a nice option to have the solarcoin logo on them  Wink

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I would estimate 2 weeks
- Vanilla
- Cinnamon
- Sugar Cookie
- Blueberry Pie
- Cantaloupe
- Christmas Tree
- Cappuccino
- Harvest Spice
- Jasmine
- Spiced Orange
- Mango & PAPAYA
- Chocolate Cake
- Cool Cucumber
- Orange
- Gooseberry
- Honeysuckle Jasmine
- Lavender
- Papaya

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I would estimate 2 weeks
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Someone spent alot of time setting 25 slr orders on the ask about 30 of them.

Man it was fun wiping them out and sending them to cold storage.

Grin
So given that the current market cap is around 33 million are there about 15 people who hold a million or more SLR? That would be half of the outstanding coins in the hands of a few which is what this coin really needs. This keeps a lot out of circulation.

I would say no, if that were the case we'd be a lot higher than 2000 satoshis.  Wink

Then again, all it takes is one person with a few hundred thousand coins to keep the price suppressed. After realizing this recently, I accepted I have no control over the price situation, so there isn't much point in worrying about it. It'll work itself out.  Smiley

I'm hoping we can get a block explorer feature soon that shows the top 100 addresses though, that would be nifty data to see.
Activity: 493
So given that the current market cap is around 33 million are there about 15 people who hold a million or more SLR? That would be half of the outstanding coins in the hands of a few which is what this coin really needs. This keeps a lot out of circulation.
Hey guys, check this out: http://www.bitwin.co/voting.php

We're second on the list! I sent some BTC to vote for us a few days ago and then forgot to check on it. Cheesy
Jump to: