Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 267. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Good news we have the test-net up and running already.  More info to come

Sweet!  Let us know how the network is behaving during the testing   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Good news we have the test-net up and running already.  More info to come
Some great new information from Nick, posted on Facebook just now. What do you all think??

Notification! The Solarcoin foundation is planning on offering bounties for § grant claims. Any person recognized by a claimant as aiding the claim gets 10% of the 1st year's § claim. So help your neighbor of the world's largest solar farms claim free §.

Example a 1MW farm can claim §1,314/yr. The person designated as referring the claim, by the claimant would get §134. Claims can go back as far as Jan 1, 2010
here is a list of largest solar generators in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_photovoltaic_power_statio…

This is being done to incentivize participant growth of the solar community. The 10% referral bounty is to be paid from the genesis pool which is restricted to 5% of SolarCoin circulation and has been untouched so far. The Genesis pool is currently at §1.67m so plenty of bounty to go around. http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ All transactions will be posted and vetted in the blockchain.

This program will likely launch before the end of 2014. Any objections comments are appreciated. This will be posted in the BTC forum and elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/

Cool! Hopefully this triggers more claimants to come forward  Wink
Activity: 406
Some great new information from Nick, posted on Facebook just now. What do you all think??

Notification! The Solarcoin foundation is planning on offering bounties for § grant claims. Any person recognized by a claimant as aiding the claim gets 10% of the 1st year's § claim. So help your neighbor of the world's largest solar farms claim free §.

Example a 1MW farm can claim §1,314/yr. The person designated as referring the claim, by the claimant would get §134. Claims can go back as far as Jan 1, 2010
here is a list of largest solar generators in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_photovoltaic_power_statio…

This is being done to incentivize participant growth of the solar community. The 10% referral bounty is to be paid from the genesis pool which is restricted to 5% of SolarCoin circulation and has been untouched so far. The Genesis pool is currently at §1.67m so plenty of bounty to go around. http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ All transactions will be posted and vetted in the blockchain.

This program will likely launch before the end of 2014. Any objections comments are appreciated. This will be posted in the BTC forum and elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Hi all

We are still working non-stop on the POSV transition... we believe the code is correct, but it can't be tested without launching it on the entire network - which is risky.  Josh and I have looked through the code repeatedly over and over and we know exactly where the problem is and we believe we know why it is happening.  Basically, we need more nodes on the network and more coins staked in order to have the wallet actually stake.  It's the chicken or the egg problem.

So we have decided to setup a Cannacoin testnet in order to test everything before launching it.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize how necessary this would be until now.  It will be very valuable for us to launch a test-net for future protocol changes and testing, so better late than never.

We apologize for the delay.  Solarcoin has many options of course including a buy-back, however, we intend to get this working no matter what.  Thanks

thank you for the update. 
legendary
Hi all

We are still working non-stop on the POSV transition... we believe the code is correct, but it can't be tested without launching it on the entire network - which is risky.  Josh and I have looked through the code repeatedly over and over and we know exactly where the problem is and we believe we know why it is happening.  Basically, we need more nodes on the network and more coins staked in order to have the wallet actually stake.  It's the chicken or the egg problem.

So we have decided to setup a Cannacoin testnet in order to test everything before launching it.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize how necessary this would be until now.  It will be very valuable for us to launch a test-net for future protocol changes and testing, so better late than never.

We apologize for the delay.  Solarcoin has many options of course including a buy-back, however, we intend to get this working no matter what.  Thanks

Good stuff. It's comforting knowing there will be a simulated/testing environment  Smiley

Do you know how long it will take to A) build the testnet, and B) test the updated code?

Thanks again!

Thanks, we should have the test-net setup by this afternoon and begin testing late tonight.
Hi all

Good stuff. It's comforting knowing there will be a simulated/testing environment  Smiley

Do you know how long it will take to A) build the testnet, and B) test the updated code?

Thanks again!
legendary
Hi all

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I saw pictures of this last night!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Check out Solcrypto's tweet to see one of them. He asked me not to share the other pictures, so I won't. But I can share how frickin' exciting it is!!!  Cheesy Do we have our very own young Musk here???

Luke, on a very genuine note, I truly admire your excitement and dedication. You are a light to us all!  Kiss

Its great to see innovation and passion create new solutions.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown! 

It does seem to have settle a little down, more buys coming through today, maybe the phantom trader sold out..  Huh
Activity: 300
So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown!  Grin

GO TEAM BUYERS!
So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown!  Grin

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I saw pictures of this last night!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Check out Solcrypto's tweet to see one of them. He asked me not to share the other pictures, so I won't. But I can share how frickin' exciting it is!!!  Cheesy Do we have our very own young Musk here???

Luke, on a very genuine note, I truly admire your excitement and dedication. You are a light to us all!  Kiss
Has the bleeding stopped now? Sorta looks like it.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1148
Congrats, SLR made the first page on Bittrex.  Don't think I have seen it there before.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
If nothing else, the volume is certainly impressive! Almost 1 million SLR changed hands in the last 24 hours. Maybe it's a cleansing.  Grin

Yup was thinking the same thing. Grin
If nothing else, the volume is certainly impressive! Almost 1 million SLR changed hands in the last 24 hours. Maybe it's a cleansing.  Grin
The trouble with short-selling is when you get caught short...
Jump to: