Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 274. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
We can all start as simple as puting a flyer about solarcoins in any persons mailbox if they have solar panels on there roof. start with your neighborhood.

Good idea. Do we have such a flyer?  I seem to recall reading about someone writing about such a flyer, but cannot recall if one was completed?

If not, what would such a flyer contain?

- logo
- url for more info: solarcoin.org
- short description of initiative
- short description of how to claim
- enticing snippets -> perhaps future value/potential -> be part of the initiative
- ?

This could also be used as an insert to any promotional giveaway of soalrcoins too.

I was talking about the flyer, i really like the idea of a wallet on each flyer but I fear that may be impractical. The costs to make each flyer unique would be huge i'd imagine. You could print out individual wallets and put them in each fler I guess but that would be quite time consuming.

Each flyer could just have an e-mail address and a unique ID random phrase.  person emails with phrase and address gets coin. could also start a dialog.  or even post a request in BTC forum.

Maybe I can develop a web site to do this?  Would there be a general need for something like this - an automated giveaway of cryptocurrencies?  Maybe cryptogiveaway.com ?, where coin owners/promoters can deposit into a locally maintained wallet, and then define the terms of the giveaway.

To validate (terms), there could be a few different options. One such may be instead of responding to a publicized email address, maybe I could have the site accept the random phrase in one field and the User's wallet address in another? If the random phrase was one of the valid phrases (initially loaded ?), the site could automate sending coins to that wallet? The amount of coins to giveaway could be chosen (pre determined/set), or random. There could also be multiple types of giveaway, with a different amount of coins being given away, for different set of phrases; as the promotions and rewards could vary.

I'm half asleep right now, from working many hours over the last handful of days, so if anyone has something to add, or better thoughts, let me know.  I should be able to code something up fairly easily.  Smiley

It might be a nice way to get cryptocurrencies "out there", for all someone would then need to do is print and distribute flyers with the random phrases, and load the random phrases into the site, deposit into a local wallet, and define the terms of the give-away.

Thoughts?

Activity: 523
We can all start as simple as puting a flyer about solarcoins in any persons mailbox if they have solar panels on there roof. start with your neighborhood.

Good idea. Do we have such a flyer?  I seem to recall reading about someone writing about such a flyer, but cannot recall if one was completed?

- logo
- enticing snippets -> perhaps future value/potential -> be part of the initiative
- ?

This could also be used as an insert to any promotional giveaway of soalrcoins too.

I was talking about the flyer, i really like the idea of a wallet on each flyer but I fear that may be impractical. The costs to make each flyer unique would be huge i'd imagine. You could print out individual wallets and put them in each fler I guess but that would be quite time consuming.

Each flyer could just have an e-mail address and a unique ID random phrase.  person emails with phrase and address gets coin. could also start a dialog.  or even post a request in BTC forum.

When can we see the wallet ??
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Block reward 1. I have three Gaw Fury's on this coin until PoS hits.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Good idea. Do we have such a flyer?  I seem to recall reading about someone writing about such a flyer, but cannot recall if one was completed?

- logo
- ?

Each flyer could just have an e-mail address and a unique ID random phrase.  person emails with phrase and address gets coin. could also start a dialog.  or even post a request in BTC forum.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Cryptopoolmining is back up and working again. Not sure what happened there...
It is up superficially, but does not appear to accept hash.  Perhaps it is just available to collect any SLR in the pool.

Odd that they haven't put anything up on the news folder. I also had some old SHA256 miners on Digibyte with them and the same thing happened there. The site has allowed me to take out both Solarcoins and Digibyte coins.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
It is up superficially, but does not appear to accept hash.  Perhaps it is just available to collect any SLR in the pool.
Activity: 523
1solarcoin per 1 block

Oh.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Good idea. Do we have such a flyer?  I seem to recall reading about someone writing about such a flyer, but cannot recall if one was completed?

- logo
- ?

I dont think we have a flyer yet but one could be made in a few mintes if i have some free time i will make one up. Please everyone with skills join in and make one also. And we can vote on which one to use.

And guys please buy some solarcoins lets pump the price up to gain attention.
Activity: 300
Activity: 406

- logo
- ?

- logo
- ?

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Yes there are lots of promotion ideas.  These are great and I think many in the community including myself would be happy to donate to these ideas.  I have given coins to people interested in learning about the § idea, to get the point across. I know that Epiphany has give coins away as a scholarship etc.

obviously anyone is free to create a cool program or idea and most likely the community / foundation would chip in SLR to support it.

After getting POS up and running, the next thing to explore is giving referal grants of 10% (suggested so far) to people who help refer claims.  For really large solar installations that could be a lot of coins.  The other thing would be to partner with large installer to get the word out via e-mail or other high-touch low costs methods.

there are free solar coins waiting to be claimed for solar electricity generators.  The claim process works out to roughly 1.3x nameplate capacity per year.  so  6KW = §9.  For a large 10 MW installation that is §1,300 / year.

This process of building users and economic utility value takes time.

Remember; Bitcoin was at below $1.00 for its first 2 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin

Nick
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Mining will continue until the new wallet gets released. We don't know yet at which block the proof of stake hard fork will take place.

[/quote]

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

I will keep my little gridseed farm online to protect the blockchain, but it seems like a chasm of uncertainty looming tomorrow.

[/quote]

I have 3 fury's pointed to it until the switch to PoS. I know it's not a lot but all you need is a little power to keep the chain moving, and with this new difficulty algo I doubt anyone can fork it.
is cryptopoolmining down or done with SLR?

It seems down. The website doesn't show up at all, keeps timing out. I tweeted them but got no response. If anyone knows any other way to reach them, go for it. Maybe someone can find out what's going on?

Mining will continue until the new wallet gets released. We don't know yet at which block the proof of stake hard fork will take place.

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

I will keep my little gridseed farm online to protect the blockchain, but it seems like a chasm of uncertainty looming tomorrow.

Good point! I hadn't realized the OP wasn't written quite right. I'll go fix that. Smiley

As to the "chasm of uncertainty", I'm not uncertain at all. The price has to go up. Roll Eyes If it doesn't, mining dries up, volume dries up, price will get stagnant, yada yada. Is that what we all want? The price isn't going to go up by itself.  Grin Now IS the time to buy since the over supply from the miners, who kept dumping on strong bids are, for all intents and purposes, gone. This is true whether we stay at PoW for a few more weeks or go to PoS right now. Would it have been awesome to have PoS kick in right now? Yeah. But there's a delay. That's why we have the fallback in place at 1/block. The whole point of this exercise was to address the over supply issue somehow so that we could get the price to a more palatable level so that generators would start claiming their coins. To me that should be at least $0.10 if I'm going to convince anyone to claim coins. The demand has always been strong, now it seems to be "paused". The mission is still on track, the CCN team is continuing to work on figuring out how to properly address the issue they've bumped into. In the meantime, we're mining at 1/block instead of earning 1% interest. Big deal! LOL

I say carry on, add to your positions, push that price up to a level where is is profitable again, miners will come back, coins will be secure. It's all good.

But like I said, it isn't going to do it by itself. In one of my previous posts, I tried to show how even $0.04 cents would make it profitable to mine again. That's only four times the current value, it's certainly not out of reach or an outlandish goal. We can get there now without having to worry about a miner coming in and shoving it back down to a fraction of a penny. Ain't gonna happen anymore, that risk has been algo'd out of the equation. We're free to proceed now if we choose to.

That's my 2 photons.  Kiss
Jump to: