Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 273. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Nice Mazz! I've been adding to my position as well. If we're not careful, we might crack the top 50 on Coinmarketcap...  Roll Eyes  Cool
Activity: 300
I have another investor ready to put 1 bitcoin into Solar, prepare for another jump in Bittrex Smiley
Activity: 523
I anticipte "how to make people 1 solar is the value of 1mw solar energy"

POS POSV DPOS and so on..

these things are important.

But " the real value" is not decided by these technology.

"The value" is based on "1MW solar enegry =  1 solarcoin". (always nick said)

When that system is going on well. Then,  solarcoin will be really great coin

(Who decide the price of gold? and silver? Solarcoin is same!

The shared value ! Smiley )

I hope nick has a great plan. support!!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
We've successfully forked Reddcoin POSV for Cannacoin and Solarcoin.  Transactions have been tested... next up is testing Proof-of-Stake...

Keep ya'll posted.  After this we'll need a few days to compile wallets for OSX and Windows

Exciting times, thanks for the patience.

Can you tell us what the main differences are between Reddcoin and Blackcoin? Is there any material difference between the two that we should know about?

This is the most concise explanation of Reddcoin information that I've found: http://agroff.github.io/posv/

Reddcoin has a 5% stake multiplier.  For Cannacoin we reduced this down to 1%.  I am assuming that Solarcoin also uses a 1% staking interest as well, but it is a parameter in the code that can be set.  

Both Reddcoin and Blackcoin Proof-of-Stake protocols are second generation PoS implementation (V2).  Both teams wanted to have more people staking coins and thereby acting as nodes on the network.  However they also wanted to discourage hoarding.  Proof-of-stake uses your "network weight" to determine how you will be rewarded coins for staking. BC and RDD differ here a bit. They measure this weight differently in the sense of coins vs. coin-age.  In addition Reddcoin gives a bonus to newer coins through creating incentive for a person to stake coins while also encouraging people to transact with them through "velocity" or trading/moving coins.  They accomplish this by rewarding newly received coins with a higher initial interest than older staked coins.   Blackcoin does away with "coin-age" in the multiplier for staking, so you don't have to hold the coins for a certain amount of time before they are "stakeable".  Instead, you just have to wait 8 hours after the coin is in your wallet and it will begin staking as "weight".  

I also recommend you read this, particularly starting at section 2.3 and down: https://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

Black coin initially forked from Peercoin and had a proof-of-work period.  The difference in some block timestamping differences between Bitcoin and Peercoin are what caused the forking issue.  Reddcoin was a fork of Litecoin originally and was scrypt mined.  That's why we were able to get the merkel root to synchronize with Cannacoin finally using Reddcoin.
We've successfully forked Reddcoin POSV for Cannacoin and Solarcoin.  Transactions have been tested... next up is testing Proof-of-Stake...

Keep ya'll posted.  After this we'll need a few days to compile wallets for OSX and Windows

Can you tell us what the main differences are between Reddcoin and Blackcoin? Is there any material difference between the two that we should know about?

EDIT: I found this for any of you who wanted to understand better what all this means and didn't want to ask (like me  Cheesy): http://agroff.github.io/posv/
Hey guys,

A supporter over on FB is having an issue with his wallet, does anyone know what might be happening? It's a Windows wallet, if that helps:

Hmm... tried to access my SLR wallet the other day and now I get this message: Runaway Exception. A fatal error has occurred. SolarCoin can no longer continue safely and will quit. What is going on now? I updated my wallet last week and it worked for a few days, but now this. Any ideas?

WOOT! Thanks for the update.  Grin

In case anyone here missed Nick's post on FB, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/permalink/219425874924621/
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thank you for all the work you put in Eric.
From the posts I have read, you are obviously a smart guy so will do well with the start up.
Hopefully see you pop up in the forum from time to time.
Activity: 523
Bless your future Eric!

Hoping to see you in here time to time Smiley
Good luck for all your future endeavors Eric.
Come in and see us from time to time Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Thanks Eric for everything.
Yes, all the very best Eric! Stop in now and again to say hi. I appreciate all the hard work you have put in over the past number of months and it was a real pleasure to have met you in person.  Kiss
Activity: 368
Dear SolarCoin community,

I have been a dedicated volunteer for SolarCoin for about 7 months, and it has been an amazing learning experience. I have always believed SolarCoin is one of the cryptocurrencies with the most potential to change the world for the better, so it made sense to get involved and work hard for this project. I am grateful to Nick and Joe for the opportunity to be part of their team during the early stages of SolarCoin's development.

As I'm sure you all know, volunteering is something we can only do when we have enough free time available. Everyone's time is limited and everyone's time is valuable, and we must all make difficult decisions about how to use it.

Recently I decided to leave the SolarCoin team so that I can become one of the principals in a startup. Any successful startup requires a very high level of time commitment and dedication by its founding team, and my new position demands all the time and energy I've got.

I had hoped to announce this after we completed the transition to Proof of Stake, but unfortunately there have been some unexpected complications and delays on the development side. Other SolarCoin team members will be keeping you posted on these issues going forward.

Although I'll no longer be working for SolarCoin after the next week or so, I will continue to follow this project with interest as an investor. I am pleased to see other investors in this forum sharing ideas, and perhaps some of you will volunteer as I did. I wish you all the best with SolarCoin and hope it will rise to its potential.

Sincerely,
Eric (freebird)

All the best Eric!  Good luck with the new endeavor. Maybe when things settle you can return and advance the cause some more  Wink
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Dear SolarCoin community,

I have been a dedicated volunteer for SolarCoin for about 7 months, and it has been an amazing learning experience. I have always believed SolarCoin is one of the cryptocurrencies with the most potential to change the world for the better, so it made sense to get involved and work hard for this project. I am grateful to Nick and Joe for the opportunity to be part of their team during the early stages of SolarCoin's development.

As I'm sure you all know, volunteering is something we can only do when we have enough free time available. Everyone's time is limited and everyone's time is valuable, and we must all make difficult decisions about how to use it.

Recently I decided to leave the SolarCoin team so that I can become one of the principals in a startup. Any successful startup requires a very high level of time commitment and dedication by its founding team, and my new position demands all the time and energy I've got.

I had hoped to announce this after we completed the transition to Proof of Stake, but unfortunately there have been some unexpected complications and delays on the development side. Other SolarCoin team members will be keeping you posted on these issues going forward.

Although I'll no longer be working for SolarCoin after the next week or so, I will continue to follow this project with interest as an investor. I am pleased to see other investors in this forum sharing ideas, and perhaps some of you will volunteer as I did. I wish you all the best with SolarCoin and hope it will rise to its potential.

Sincerely,
Eric (freebird)
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
That is the fundamental premise of SolarCoin, is that an equitable means of distributing a currency is the proof of work of solar electricity generation.  the idea being that distribution grows the economics utility of the coin while also providing an incentive to produce solar electricity.  If you know of anyone generating solar electricity, you can tell them they have free solarcoins ready for claiming.  Just go to www.solarcoin.org

The idea is that the "value" assigned to a coin can have a positive externality namely incentivizing the generation of solar electricity.  SolarCoins reserve is designed to incent the next 40 years of solar electricity.  As it stands now, SolarCoins are tougher to get as they are generated at the rate of 1/min or 1,440/day. A solar farm of 1,000 KW might be able to claim 1,000KW x 24 x 365 x .015 = 3,600/ year. 

With claims retrocative to Jan 1/ 2010 that would work out to over §14,000.  Not bad for filling in a web form.

In addition there is likely 20 years worth of claims to made over the coming years which would be worth §72,000 over the years. 

Jump to: