Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 276. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Is there going to be a new wallet available to download when we shift to PoS? If so, when will it be available?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Looking good today and volume up.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
I'm off to a conference all weekend. My 50 MHs is mining away, hopefully the next few days aren't too interesting, I'd hate to miss all the fun!

To the Sun!  Cheesy

To the Sun! +++1

To the Sun!!!  +1   Cheesy
I'm off to a conference all weekend. My 50 MHs is mining away, hopefully the next few days aren't too interesting, I'd hate to miss all the fun!

To the Sun!  Cheesy

To the Sun! +++1
Activity: 406

To the Sun!  Cheesy
Are we in the pump phase of the "dump and pump"??  Cheesy

Lets hope not

Well, at least now we know that new miners won't be throwing hash and then dumping in large quantities thanks to the block reduction. The only dumping now will be traders and holders. Of course if we see a substantial enough price rise, the miners will come back too.

You did note I wrote that popular phrase backwards right?  Cool
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Are we in the pump phase of the "dump and pump"??  Cheesy

Lets hope not
As a wise old Buddhist monk once said

"I foresee the price rising in about 5 minuets and many buys coming in"

Wink

Are we in the pump phase of the "dump and pump"??  Cheesy
Activity: 523

Wink

20 dollar said by nick
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Wink
legendary
Activity: 523
At least solarcoin cross 1 dollar for its using

then 100k it too expensive.

10k or 20k is reasonable.

But pos system increase the total number of coins.

it's not good.. so high interest is not good..

But too low interest has no merit to keep coin in the wallet !

It's hard thing

need something more thing...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I've downloaded the new wallet twice and it keeps telling me that libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing from my computer. What am I doing wrong  Huh

I want to be right out of the gates when PoS starts   Cool

***edit: the wallet works right after I download it, but then when I try to open it a second time I get that message (with that terrible dull-bell sound)

Make a backup of your wallet and uninstall the Solarcoin wallet software, then reinstall the new client. It may fix the problem.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
I've downloaded the new wallet twice and it keeps telling me that libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing from my computer. What am I doing wrong  Huh

***edit: the wallet works right after I download it, but then when I try to open it a second time I get that message (with that terrible dull-bell sound)

Sounds like you may have downloaded something and uninstalled it improperly, and it's left a fragment of software behind. It's also possible you may have virus(es). Have you trying installing it on another machine?
legendary
Activity: 868
twitter.com/natmcmolecule

How about setting threshold value for PoS staking?

For example, the wallet with minimum 1K SLR will be allowed staking.

This will encourage people to keep their coin at least 1K to stake.

Having less than 1K, people have to buy more to stake.

What do you think about this?

I like the idea but make it 10,000

10k minimum seems more realistic with the current prices; however, if we assume the price is going to over $1, then 1k is more realistic. Maybe the minimum stake can start high with the expectation that it will be lowered sometime in the future?

+1

Yes, exactly. That's the beauty of cryptocurrency for me. If we see down the road when things normalize that it's time for such a change be made to the algorithm, we can all choose to agree on what that change may be and the blockchain technology takes care of the implementation in a fair and impartial way for us. It's an ever evolving thing that grows based on participation. It's this concept that got me really excited about bitcoin in the first place! Cheesy

When we first were trying to figure out PoS, I posted that spreadsheet, if anyone remembers. In my mind, I thought we needed to plan the PoS algorithm for years in the future, with decreasing interest rates and all kinds of complicated capping formulas. But then I realized I was making it TOO complicated. Start with the basics, see how that pans out and then tweak as needed after that. Allow other points of view into the conversation, every voice contributes. We're doing it right now! It really is a natural process we are all taking part in. The important thing is to take the first step within the means available to us. That meant choosing the Blackcoin model straight up as a way to start down the path. I have every confidence that the interest calculation will evolve over time based on circumstances on the ground, just as the discussion here is starting to happen.

Obviously we don't want to be having a new wallet every month, but if the framework is broad enough then having a new wallet once or twice a year is not out of the question nor should it be frowned upon. That's the nature of this game, isn't it?

+1
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Alright network hash rate has dropped quite a bit near the end here and I tossed the rest of my huge 5 MH/s farm on it, haha. I know it's not a lot but I encourage the rest of you to do the same, just keep a little on the coin until the end of PoW.

10k minimum seems more realistic with the current prices; however, if we assume the price is going to over $1, then 1k is more realistic. Maybe the minimum stake can start high with the expectation that it will be lowered sometime in the future?

+1

Yes, exactly. That's the beauty of cryptocurrency for me. If we see down the road when things normalize that it's time for such a change be made to the algorithm, we can all choose to agree on what that change may be and the blockchain technology takes care of the implementation in a fair and impartial way for us. It's an ever evolving thing that grows based on participation. It's this concept that got me really excited about bitcoin in the first place! Cheesy

When we first were trying to figure out PoS, I posted that spreadsheet, if anyone remembers. In my mind, I thought we needed to plan the PoS algorithm for years in the future, with decreasing interest rates and all kinds of complicated capping formulas. But then I realized I was making it TOO complicated. Start with the basics, see how that pans out and then tweak as needed after that. Allow other points of view into the conversation, every voice contributes. We're doing it right now! It really is a natural process we are all taking part in. The important thing is to take the first step within the means available to us. That meant choosing the Blackcoin model straight up as a way to start down the path. I have every confidence that the interest calculation will evolve over time based on circumstances on the ground, just as the discussion here is starting to happen.

Obviously we don't want to be having a new wallet every month, but if the framework is broad enough then having a new wallet once or twice a year is not out of the question nor should it be frowned upon. That's the nature of this game, isn't it?
legendary

+1
Jump to: