Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 220. (Read 298777 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 265
0.46 coins found running all night on Poolerino? That cant be right?
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
I agree 100%. What would be wise for hash.so to do in this situation is to close registrations temporarily. Let new miners try the little guys first.

Reminder: Going for the largest hash rate does not necessarily equate to larger payouts. Sure they may be more frequent, but in the end you'll earn about the same amount.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Its an unfortunate failure of logic that a lot of miners have, they think that a higher block rate means better returns when in fact to get the higher block rate you need higher hash rates which means lower return per hash, most pools will have the same rate of return as long ...

100 % right.

People please choose a different pools. Not only a very good hash.so. ... for sure you will find also another good
Due to fewer diggers, your profit will be similar or higher Wink
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
What is the best pool with highest hashrate?
Best pool =/= highest hash rate, if you care about the coin doing well try and spread the hash rate around.

Sure, but 800 Mh/s... early adopters don't want spread?
Its an unfortunate failure of logic that a lot of miners have, they think that a higher block rate means better returns when in fact to get the higher block rate you need higher hash rates which means lower return per hash, most pools will have the same rate of return as long as they have a reasonable hash rate. All this means that one pool ends up with a good portion of the hash rate making it harder for new pools to get in without orphaning and new miners tend to keep jumping on that pool so when the coin gets established you are left with a 51% problem which can be hard to fix as miners then become hesitant to leave their existing pool and new miners keep piling on, happens a lot. It would be better for the coin to have a decent spread from the get go and the funny thing is no-one would be loosing out by doing so.

Yeah, thats the biggest problem we face. Most of the problem stems down to usually only a few pools are reliable and as soon as someone sees a huge hash rate they jump in as so many others are there. Which in turn can cause a huge problem down the track.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Best pool =/= highest hash rate, if you care about the coin doing well try and spread the hash rate around.

Its an unfortunate failure of logic that a lot of miners have, they think that a higher block rate means better returns when in fact to get the higher block rate you need higher hash rates which means lower return per hash, most pools will have the same rate of return as long as they have a reasonable hash rate. All this means that one pool ends up with a good portion of the hash rate making it harder for new pools to get in without orphaning and new miners tend to keep jumping on that pool so when the coin gets established you are left with a 51% problem which can be hard to fix as miners then become hesitant to leave their existing pool and new miners keep piling on, happens a lot. It would be better for the coin to have a decent spread from the get go and the funny thing is no-one would be loosing out by doing so. The pools I checked are all 98+/-1% efficient so as long as you are in that range you are doing fine.

Personally I'm on cryptotycoons because I recognise them from Noble and have decent hosting with 0% fees.
Activity: 182

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 126
Activity: 182
Activity: 82
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
       Our SmartCoin pool is holding up nicely!

https://smc.hash.so/

* 0% fee
* Super fast servers
* vardiff
* Default MPOS layout, the one you know well (efficient!), Internals have been optimized to make it faster!
* stratum on port 80 and 443, which helps if you are behind a firewall
* PPLNS
* Fast servers
* Professional server admin (no downtime)

Same user/pass/workers work for all of our pools!

Point your miners at:
stratum+tcp://pool-eu.hash.so:1337/
stratum+tcp://pool-us.hash.so:1337/
(or port 80/443 if you are behind a firewall)

And switch the coin from the frontend. It's very nice, you will like it Smiley

Pool support thread here

Thank you, great pool and stable.
smartcoin.io
I set up a P2Pool server (1% fee) here:

http://smartcoin.freily.com/

If you want to mine on it, just use an address as username, password does not matter.

Example:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o http://smartcoin.freily.com:59595 -u SWRAdrk56FgrGz3VFpwca4BJDSdNZfGb5y -p x

Just replace the address with your own otherwise you'll mine for me ;-)

If you want to set up your own P2Pool instance (recommended so that the pool can grow and get stronger, also, I'll know the software works Smiley ) the source code is here:

https://github.com/MathyV/p2pool

Start the instance with:
Code:
python run_p2pool.py --net smartcoin

Important ports are 59595 for workers, 59585 for P2P network.

If you want to donate to me for creating this P2Pool instance you can at SWRAdrk56FgrGz3VFpwca4BJDSdNZfGb5y

Disclaimer: this is the first time I made these kind of modifications to P2Pool, don't shoot me if something is wrong ;-)

PS: I'll install a nicer gui later on :-)

We've added you guys to the main post.
Activity: 62
Activity: 130
I set up a P2Pool server (1% fee) here:

http://smartcoin.freily.com/

If you want to mine on it, just use an address as username, password does not matter.

Example:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o http://smartcoin.freily.com:9585 -u SWRAdrk56FgrGz3VFpwca4BJDSdNZfGb5y -p x

Just replace the address with your own otherwise you'll mine for me ;-)

If you want to set up your own P2Pool instance (recommended so that the pool can grow and get stronger) the source code is here:

https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav

Start the instance with:
Code:
python run_p2pool.py --net smartcoin

Important ports are 9585 for workers, 8585 for P2P network.

If you want to donate to me for creating this P2Pool instance you can at SWRAdrk56FgrGz3VFpwca4BJDSdNZfGb5y

EDIT Warning: my original post is not valid anymore, I updated this post with the new information but you should be wary of the replies that quote it.
I don't know if we could have possibly given out over 200k just to developers.

You will decide. but not always 100% democracy makes sense Smiley
how to receive the coin we signed for, before launch?
READ FIRST post in this thread.

Post (OP) is still updates so it is worth it to read 5-10 times a day;]
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
how to receive the coin we signed for, before launch?
smartcoin.io
No, it definitely said 60, like also in your footer: GET 60 FREE SMARTCOINS BEFORE 01/27/2014
If not then what can we believe from DEV?

If you carefully be reading thread (even 1 post) then you would know that the pool is 45000 for distribution.
Extra 15 coins coming from the pool of developers.
Developers did not expect such a response here comes the less coins for everyone.
Of course footer could be more specific content such as up to 60 coins to get ;]

I don't know if we could have possibly given out over 200k just to developers.

What we will do though is create a fund for developers. Every pull request that gets accepted will receive a nice SMC tip depending on the implications of that commit.

EDIT: We just tallied up some of the bounties we are going to send. We have enough left over to fill the amount that was deallocated from the developer bounty.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Jump to: