Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin | Next generation currency | continued development - page 27. (Read 157102 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Technical features

i'm willing to do a bounty to research the major coins to get wallet and core details data, then convert it into nice visual reps like the above
legendary
Still the 1st WEEK of year 2016.

So I would like to state on the record this years direction, informally, more organized road map to come mid-quarter.

1.  Rebrand.  Nice project, and great work thus far.  But no rush to push it out the door.  There is plenty of time to mull it over.  There are 3 different logos, and all of them are perhaps possible for sub-divisions of SMART brands.  But ultimately "THE LOGO" will be found.  First impressions, well we get the chance to represent our image so best to make sure we nail it.  So keep the rebrand thread active.  If I can pull SMC from Cryptsy can add more towards bounties.

2.  Price.  This is the main goal of 2016.  And look at the 2 year chart.  Classic and perfect.  Just maintain the price channel and if you feel rich push it up, we'll see what happens, but mind the lower supports because that's where they are at Wink SMC is a longer mine schedule but with certainty 2017 means shifting to a new level, 2016 is just testing the waters and holding already claimed terra firma.

3.  Exchanges.  We need more.  But reliable exchange partners are not clear and present.  So Q2 is best for that kind of project.  In the meantime getting listed on Cryptopia is easy, just get some DOTs and it can be done.  After that SMC can step it up another level.

4.  Standards ... nodes, pools, hash rates.  Websites are great.  If help is needed donations in SMC?  Make sure to keep SMC listed on other key websites ... like coinwarz.

5.  Community.  My main focus.  Getting intelligent participants to join.  And a small cap coin, with a solid network can do big things.  The goal is to have a powerhouse of SMART people, and that corresponds with solid long term capital gains.  So SMC knows it's current place on the market capital rankings, but will create a solid platform for wise investors to gather and mutually profit.

6.  FinTech + Smart people = SMC

(Smart Money Coin)  Currency of a smarter world
legendary
CNN: “Record $1 billion invested in Bitcoin firms so far”
http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/02/technology/bitcoin-1-billion-invested/

Smart Money knows where it is going Wink
legendary
get smart(er) every day
INFORMATION

---
Five major bitcoin startups – Bitfinex, BTCC, Kraken, Unocoin and Xapo – will operate the private sidechain, allowing partner exchanges to move funds between order books without the need to transfer funds on the bitcoin blockchain.

-----

Top 5 of 2016 according to coindesk

Blockstream = Lightning Network 'private' side chains (protoe bcf)
tØ of Medici by retail giant Overstock, tØ aims to revolutionise securities by making trade and settlement on a blockchain (nxt assets)
OpenBazaar = open-source competitor to eBay (BAY, DOT) $1M
Zapchain = social media platform with tipping (RDD)
BitFury = ASIC chip maker announced on 16th December that it will bring a new ASIC chip to market in Q1 2016 (asic) $60m raised

----

"Bitcoin may be destined to become a high-powered money rather than a day-to-day payment system for the masses."
- Nick Szabo, 2011 (unenumerated.blogspot.co.uk)

SmartCoin [SMC] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/SMC/BTC
SmartCoin Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/SMC

sauces
Blockstream has to date raised $21m from investors including AME Cloud Ventures, Blockchain Capital, Future\Perfect Ventures and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman. Further, its team consists of some of the more noted developers in the space including Adam Back, Gregory Maxwell, Matt Corallo and Pieter Wuille.
http://www.coindesk.com/blockstream-commercial-sidechain-bitcoin-exchanges/

One of the more well-funded startups, Blockstream is nonetheless a self-described ‘stealth bitcoin company’ working on accelerating the development of cryptocurrency, open asset and smart contact technology.

its banner sidechains project and announcing its first commercial product, Liquid, which is aimed at speeding up transfer times between bitcoin exchanges, in 2015.

One of the projects that Blockstream has decided to explore further is the Lightning Network – a proposal that would move smaller bitcoin transactions off the blockchain so they could occur more quickly with reduced fees. It nonetheless recreates the trustless nature of the current network design.

The Lightning Network has the ability to reduce the total number of transactions that need to be settled on the bitcoin blockchain, and thus removes their affect on the necessary total size of blocks.

The network faces technical challenges before it can go live, though, such as the integration of various changes to Bitcoin Core. I believe we will see most of these issues resolved and that Blockstream, or perhaps even a different party, will launch its version of Lightning during 2016.

This will greatly relieve the current buildup of pressure surrounding the block size discussion, and add to the robustness of the bitcoin network.

tØ is a blockchain-based trading platform created by online retail giant Overstock, first announced in August. Part of the firm’s larger Medici arm, tØ aims to revolutionise securities by making trade and settlement occur simultaneously using blockchain technology.

While the SEC did recently approve Overstock’s plan to issue stock via blockchain technology, Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne said in a recent article by Motherboard that it might not use the bitcoin blockchain as part of its efforts.

"Maybe we're not going to use the bitcoin blockchain ... Maybe there's another blockchain we want to integrate with, with higher throughput," he told the news source.

This comment is in reference to the bitcoin block size, as a limited number of transactions also results in a limited number of instant settlements the company can offer.

Continuing with my belief that the block size issue will be addressed during 2016 in some way, I also believe tØ will utilise the bitcoin blockchain as opposed to a private blockchain due to bitcoin’s decentralised, secure and relatively trustless nature.

If this comes about, this would be the first major security settlement product released that utilises bitcoin, and a key milestone in bitcoin’s history.
OpenBazaar

OpenBazaar is currently working on one of the most compelling consumer applications for bitcoin out there with the development of a decentralised marketplace.

If successful, OpenBazaar would essentially serve as an open-source competitor to eBay that has reduced fees for all parties due to its decentralised nature.

OpenBazaar faces what I believe to be relatively trivial challenges in launching, including the development of a robust reputation system and the classic chicken-and-egg problem of acquiring volume in a new marketplace.

However, with its recent venture capital fundraise of $1m in June 2015, I believe we will see the highly anticipated launch and expansion of OpenBazaar during 2016.
Zapchain

Zapchain is a social media platform powered by bitcoin and is one of my personal favourite companies.

The startup’s integration of on-chain bitcoin micropayments for tipping is a truly revolutionary idea that fosters high-quality user engagement and content creation amongst various self-created communities.

Zapchain’s biggest hurdle lies in its ability to continue its growth, while avoiding spam users.

From what I have seen of Zapchain, though, its ability to curb spammers has proved effective and the platform is currently more popular than ever.

During 2016, I predict Zapchain will continue its growth in non-bitcoin related communities and also become recognised as a top bitcoin news platform. Zapchain embodies the spirit of bitcoin, and also provides a key alternative to some controversially moderated bitcoin communities.
BitFury

The best-funded bitcoin mining company with over $60m raised so far, BitFury announced on 16th December that it will bring a new ASIC chip to market in Q1 2016.

The launch of its new data centre in Georgia could double the total bitcoin network hashing rate, leading some to worry about the integrity of bitcoin’s mining decentralisation.

I believe this risk is perhaps overstated and that the major net effect of BitFury's innovations will be increased (and possibly almost doubled) security for the network.

Furthermore, affecting the integrity of bitcoin’s decentralised nature would act against BitFury’s best interests as a bitcoin company.

BitFury CEO, Valery Vavilov, has also reflected this sentiment, suggesting his company intends to act in the interests of the network as a whole.

http://www.coindesk.com/5-bitcoin-blockchain-startups-watch-2016/

legendary

My opinion here.

agree (mostly) and great grafixs!

RE: the top10

yes BTC is the only fiat to crypto tool of importance
but I think LTC and XRP are hard embedded as markets #2 & #3

so I see a strong relationship with BTC and 2 dozen ALTs
after that the other 500 cryptos are better served working with NOT bitcoin markets

LTC really has not created any solid markets for ALTs but hold title #1 crypto trading pair to BTC
XRP has the cryptsy market but that just might disappear with cryptsy and has failed to expand eXchange adoption
[Dash could replace XRP for the functional low inflation high volume coin]

Doge stands to capture 100s of micro crypto markets and thus become useful!  
Doge also popular with the average person.  
BTC has been captured by higher market players and is risky business for normal everyday folks.

ETH .. true .. closed off and likely headed for a long bear drift south.  
But holds enough high ground to retain top 5 position.  Yet BTS and NXT and XCP and OMNI and XEM have attached assets.  Not true for ETH.
But big money is backing the project.

TOP 5
BTC, xrp, LTC, eth, DOGE

there are the digital 'currencies' ... constant liquidity required

Every one else is a digital 'project' and must produce a product other than a trading coin Wink

SMARTx https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12641135

addendum;

PPC, NAME, XPM, and perhaps XMR are solidified at Tier2 level digital 'currencies'.  Granted NAME  could loss this title if the project is still stagnant by 2017.

Tier3 players included BLK, the crypto 2.0 group, Nova, DGB, FTC, VTC.

And there are many contenders still stuck under $500k, that offer differing currency designs that could in years to come move to top10 rankings.

last Cry trades
http://pastebin.com/8hmcBsd2
Activity: 465
Merit: 254

What are the ALT positions that stand to gain?

Speaking of alts... hmm, let's see...

My opinion here.

legendary
note "Smart Money" phase ONE  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12641135

@Mjbmonetarymetals

You're saying what I too think Wink
I think 2015 has the potential to be one giant "return to normal" giant Bull trap ... but there are also no clear BTC replacement candidates ... maybe in 2020 but not by 2018 ... but the reality is BTC can function as a highly liquid global product yet fail as a store of value and will always lack any true authority of quality control ... in that way it is well designed ... Blockstream VC's may already be planning and moving longterm capital away from BTC ... but wish to make a 'killin' before then robbing blind all the BTC to $100K faithful.

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
the 1-2-3 combo to watch for in Crypto 2016

1. Coinbase is now running Bitcoin XT in their production servers. XT is an contentious hard fork attempt that will create a new altcoin and split the community and blockchain should it ever go into effect.

2. Bitcoin XT fud is driving the price down, and it could be assumed that players aware of this coming turf war accelerated the push up from $220 to +$450 ... this creates volatility and trade revenue potential ... the $200 price floor is likely to be hard tested for weeks or months.

3.  BTC halves mid year.

Throttling the blockchain in order to make profit on the layers above does not make for a healthy bitcoin. Average users should want bigger blocks - More users, more transactions, more fees. Small blocks may make dollar profit for Blockstream VC's and keep Bitcoin as a cashcow for dictators controlling bitcoins social outlets  but it will do nothing for the majority of users.
legendary
the 1-2-3 combo to watch for in Crypto 2016

1. Coinbase is now running Bitcoin XT in their production servers. XT is an contentious hard fork attempt that will create a new altcoin and split the community and blockchain should it ever go into effect.

2. Bitcoin XT fud is driving the price down, and it could be assumed that players aware of this coming turf war accelerated the push up from $220 to +$450 ... this creates volatility and trade revenue potential ... the $200 price floor is likely to be hard tested for weeks or months.

3.  BTC halves mid year.  Rebound.

legendary
Get Smart(er)

The Internet of Everything needs a Ledger of Everything. Business, commerce and the economy need a Digital Reckoning. Get ready for the World Wide Ledger.

We believe the truth can set us free and distributed trust will profoundly affect people in all walks of life.

Maybe you're a music lover who wants artists to make a living off their art. Or a consumer who wants to know where that hamburger meat came from. Perhaps you’re an immigrant who’s sick of paying big fees to send money home to loved ones in your ancestral land. Or a Saudi woman who wants to buy a fashion magazine.

http://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-new-age-prosperity

SmartCoin is part of the next quarter century of human progress.

------------

2.0 Failed Projects of 2015

Swarm

Decentralised crowdfunding platform Swarm shut down in September.

The firm allowed companies to raise funds via cryptographic shares using Swarm's own cryptocurrency.

Swarm's co-founder and CEO Joel Dietz allegedly wrote in a blog post (now removed) that three factors brought Swarm's downfall: the co-founder and designer left the project, the Swarm team disagreed about making its software open source and a deal with a startup accelerator that drained $200,000 from Swarm's coffers.

note: many Mining/Pool companies closed, also dozens of well financed exchanges failed. 
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
I added the nodes and restarted and waited a day nothing seems to have changed. All my other wallets work so im pretty sure it's not my network, i could try getting an xp version going and trying that if that would make a difference?

It's been on for 2 days still wont sync just says No Block Source Available - win 8.1

You could try adding these to your .conf file and restarting:

Code:
addnode=204.11.237.233:54407
addnode=193.227.134.111:53167
addnode=192.99.6.207:61839
addnode=178.33.209.212:50483
addnode=195.154.223.134:44363
addnode=192.95.29.153:58585
addnode=144.76.236.8:49747
addnode=76.95.178.229:58585
addnode=212.152.36.108:55032
addnode=100.35.123.28:63003
addnode=192.95.29.72:46584
addnode=100.35.123.28:49201
addnode=104.172.24.79:58585
addnode=163.47.71.190:26241

Make sure your .conf file is inside Roaming,,,,, folder
legendary
Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Neato, indeed! personally it´s something with the colors that bothers me, (i think cant really figure out what it is)  but still it looks really good! abd the details are awesome! Smiley
Great to hear that!

Hell no, much appreciated i resolved the issue, i called my ISP and apparently they were having a problem. Thanks for the help everyone!

do you know of another coin where the dev offers to review your debug.log?  Grin

---------------
Smart - learning division
http://betterexplained.com/

Math lessons that actually explain concepts.
Instead of memorizing procedures, learn why equations work. This site helps you overcome mental roadblocks and truly grasp new concepts.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hell no, much appreciated i resolved the issue, i called my ISP and apparently they were having a problem. Thanks for the help everyone!

do you know of another coin where the dev offers to review your debug.log?  Grin

---------------

Instead of memorizing procedures, learn why equations work. This site helps you overcome mental roadblocks and truly grasp new concepts.

legendary

---------------

I added the nodes and restarted and waited a day nothing seems to have changed. All my other wallets work so im pretty sure it's not my network, i could try getting an xp version going and trying that if that would make a difference?

No, shouldn't make a difference. Seems like a local issue, can you upload your debug.log somewhere?
legendary
http://www.smartcoin.pw/p/smartcoin.html

BTC (network effect)
LTC (network effect)
ETH (smart contracts)
XCR (smart contracts)
BTS (a lot of innovation)
NXT (a lot of innovation)
NSR (stable cryptocurrency)
BKS (decentralized exchange)
XMR (anonymity/privacy)
SC (data storage)
SJCX (data storage)
MAID (data storage)
VPN (decentralized VPN)
UNITY (collaboration)
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
My current connected nodes,  you may try these...

Code:
smartcoind getpeerinfo | grep addr
        "addr" : "5.19.136.187:53955",
        "addr" : "178.33.209.212:64636",
        "addr" : "144.76.236.8:33479",
        "addr" : "192.95.29.153:55273",
        "addr" : "23.21.204.34:45638",
        "addr" : "204.11.237.233:58086",
        "addr" : "195.154.223.134:35187",
        "addr" : "192.99.6.207:55419",
        "addr" : "193.227.134.111:55734",
        "addr" : "77.249.199.235:34415",
        "addr" : "108.61.10.90:51341",
        "addr" : "212.152.36.108:59714",
        "addr" : "100.35.123.28:60240",
        "addr" : "192.95.29.72:58585",
        "addr" : "94.23.23.194:45798",
        "addr" : "100.35.123.28:49230",
        "addr" : "104.172.24.79:58585",
        "addr" : "105.184.87.114:52690",
        "addr" : "142.105.41.166:49553"

These nodes are accepting inbound connections ... 

Code:
addnode=104.172.24.79:58585
addnode=192.95.29.72:58585
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

It's been on for 2 days still wont sync just says No Block Source Available - win 8.1

You could try adding these to your .conf file and restarting:

Code:
addnode=204.11.237.233:54407
addnode=193.227.134.111:53167
addnode=192.99.6.207:61839
addnode=178.33.209.212:50483
addnode=195.154.223.134:44363
addnode=192.95.29.153:58585
addnode=144.76.236.8:49747
addnode=212.152.36.108:55032
addnode=100.35.123.28:63003