Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 6. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1
any plans for a cap in the future? Saw something about ZER putting that up to a community vote recently.  What's there to protect investors from big wallets selling if supply is infinite?
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Specterproject has cool and at the same time complex functions that are difficult for ordinary users of the network to understand.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
My wallet is not synching.  It is stuck on a certain block and will not go any further.  How can I fix this issue?  I am not very technical and any information would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

In Discord we have a support channel:
That problem is known and has a solution:

https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
If you are already tired of reading FUD and want to read some objective reasons to invest in XSPEC please follow this link,
because a picture is worth a thousand words. Do not miss this opportunity !

https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5b071f3bc6963/  Roll Eyes

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
My wallet is not synching.  It is stuck on a certain block and will not go any further.  How can I fix this issue?  I am not very technical and any information would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!
Activity: 47

Staking is NOT working at all. Also, I get this error "Generated but not accepted mined"  But wallet on 24/7 is fully synced.

For this month (May)  4 stalled block already...

Which is the best wallet version for staking, I mean workable one.

Thanks

Staking is working perfectly fine for me. Getting 1-5 stakes/day without issue. Are you staking a small amount of coins? I'm using 1.3.5 until 1.4 is fully ready. I think Mandica just released the 1.4 Beta but I haven't tried that yet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
What features are there in Spectrecoin? What are the new Spectrecoin advantages with the old Spectrecoin? How does Spectrecoin work on an existing system?
Activity: 92
Merit: 12
Happy Mining!

Staking is NOT working at all. Also, I get this error "Generated but not accepted mined"  But wallet on 24/7 is fully synced.

For this month (May)  4 stalled block already...

Which is the best wallet version for staking, I mean workable one.

Thanks
Activity: 462
Merit: 290
Specterproject has steep and at the same time complex features that are not easily understood by ordinary network users
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Miramare: Which point are you stuck at?

Last step when I tried to make.
It is said the same ssl problem.
I didn't update gcc and boost to the latest version, which I should have a try when I have free time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 587
bullish on this coin. some wallet issues always happening (I personally had some probs with XMT wallet). While korvi  is still in development XSPEC is undervalued imo
Activity: 56
Miramare: Which point are you stuck at?
In the beginning I also struggled with spectre requirement of newer openssl (1.1.0) than is in CentOS I have on VPS. Gandalf's advice to use older version which builds with openssl 1.0.1 helped me, unfortunately I can't find page he referred.
But basically it was this:
git clone https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre
git checkout v1.3.5

I had to get over a few other issues, like install newer version of gcc (7.2.1 which supports C++14 standard - see RPM package devtools-7-runtime) and also build Boost C++ library (distro version didn't work, don't remember exact reason).

Finally I didn't know how to run it. Dunno is it is the best way, but I run it with -cli parameter under tmux console multiplexer.
When I ran it as daemon, I couldn't figure out how to connect to it to issue commands.
Also I needed to create .spectrecoin/spectrecoin.conf in my home dir where I enabled staking and set rpcpassword.
I wonder if there is a tutorial or comprehensive doc about this all (how to configure and run spectre without GUI). I didn't find any - I put everything together from pieces I googled out.

Thank you so much. I used Ubuntu 16.04 and tried with older version v1.3.5. But I can't make it work yet.
@mandica, could you please help make a wallet of any linux version? The present README.md seems not work for us.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
In the beginning I also struggled with spectre requirement of newer openssl (1.1.0) than is in CentOS I have on VPS. Gandalf's advice to use older version which builds with openssl 1.0.1 helped me, unfortunately I can't find page he referred.
git checkout v1.3.5

I had to get over a few other issues, like install newer version of gcc (7.2.1 which supports C++14 standard - see RPM package devtools-7-runtime) and also build Boost C++ library (distro version didn't work, don't remember exact reason).

Finally I didn't know how to run it. Dunno is it is the best way, but I run it with -cli parameter under tmux console multiplexer.
When I ran it as daemon, I couldn't figure out how to connect to it to issue commands.
Also I needed to create .spectrecoin/spectrecoin.conf in my home dir where I enabled staking and set rpcpassword.
I wonder if there is a tutorial or comprehensive doc about this all (how to configure and run spectre without GUI). I didn't find any - I put everything together from pieces I googled out.

Thanks, this is a good suggestion. I can try to make more installation tutorials for different setups. The page that you are referring to was taken down by me, to avoid making it look like official XSPEC documentation and to avoid confusion with Wisp. I'll talk with the Spectrecoin team to find a place where these guides can be published.
git checkout v1.3.5

I was able to build linux client from source and run it on VPS. Unfortunately the client is somewhat greedy on memory, it consumes more than half GB.
Nevertheless it is staking and I already received some stakes.

@TaylorCZ, would you do me a favor to share the experience to install the Linux client on VPS? Following the instruction (README.md), I always got an error when making. Looks like some ssl errors. But I indeed installed 1.1.0h version of openssl.
I was able to build linux client from source and run it on VPS. Unfortunately the client is somewhat greedy on memory, it consumes more than half GB.
Nevertheless it is staking and I already received some stakes.

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
It was a very big mistake.
 Wink

I am pretty sure in the early days of Monero or Dash (called Blackcoin at the time) the situation was similar; uncertainty, scam accusations, prices going over a dollar then below and so on....now those two coins are worth 200-500$.

when the sky is blue and sun is shining, a coin with a market cap of just 21 million will be worth over 100$...then it is too late to make money. "buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets" and be ready to lose your investment.

I'd still like to see a deliverable, like a new version of the wallet... Wink

21mil market cap is too high for this coin.

I still believed in this coin, even I have sold most of them. You know, the coin reached the 100million market cap.
The reason I sold most of them is that I can't have a working and sync wallet since last September (as my country banned the Tor or something related).
While I tried to install the linux wallet on an oversea VPS, I can't make it a success.
I checked it that there was no a linux release so far. (since v.1.3.5?)

Activity: 92
Merit: 12
Happy Mining!
I invested a large amount my portfolio on Spectre coin then. Value decrease by 3 times. But still holding.

Recently having issues with staking.

My wallet fully syncs all the time... For this month (May) only received 1 stake so far.
2 of them Generated but not accepted mined.

Previously..., I used to get similar error "Generated but not accepted mined"  too. But I have received several stakes at the same time.

Do anyone has similar issues, thankful for any solutions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
It was a very big mistake.
 Wink

I am pretty sure in the early days of Monero or Dash (called Blackcoin at the time) the situation was similar; uncertainty, scam accusations, prices going over a dollar then below and so on....now those two coins are worth 200-500$.

when the sky is blue and sun is shining, a coin with a market cap of just 21 million will be worth over 100$...then it is too late to make money. "buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets" and be ready to lose your investment.

I'd still like to see a deliverable, like a new version of the wallet... Wink

21mil market cap is too high for this coin.
Pages:
Jump to: