Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 7. (Read 94854 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
It was a very big mistake.
 Wink

I am pretty sure in the early days of Monero or Dash (called Blackcoin at the time) the situation was similar; uncertainty, scam accusations, prices going over a dollar then below and so on....now those two coins are worth 200-500$.

when the sky is blue and sun is shining, a coin with a market cap of just 21 million will be worth over 100$...then it is too late to make money. "buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets" and be ready to lose your investment.

I'd still like to see a deliverable, like a new version of the wallet... Wink
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
This is the link for Discord of Spectrecoin:

In our community there are kind people waiting for you, to answer your questions.

https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre
Is this the official source?

I download from it and tried to install on Ubuntu 16.04 following the instructions in the README.md.
However, I got errors in the last step: make.

When will the linux wallet be released?

The official source of Spectrecoin is this:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

You should see the README.md file here:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/blob/master/README.md

Now I can not give you a specific date, but at the current work rate, it will soon be available.

Totally following the instruction in the README.md file, I still got the errors:
"/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/impl/engine.ipp:221:9: error: ‘SSL_R_SHORT_READ’ was not declared in this scope          ERR_PACK(ERR_LIB_SSL, 0, SSL_R_SHORT_READ),"
Is that the problem of SSL?
Activity: 876
Merit: 291
..., some other dude took over, did nothing on it, ... I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.

Ah yes, I understand your objection.

Why don't you check out the GitHub and you will see that we are working daily. The 'no updates' mantra is just bullshit. If you want to you can stay up to date via GitHub, Trello, Discord but this place is not the best for updates.

My objection was ironic. I know, that you are working on it. I'm one of the persons who "do nothing" and "waiting" on it, so take your time. My patience is endless.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
..., some other dude took over, did nothing on it, ... I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.

Why don't you check out the GitHub and you will see that we are working daily. The 'no updates' mantra is just bullshit. If you want to you can stay up to date via GitHub, Trello, Discord but this place is not the best for updates.
Activity: 876
Merit: 291

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Lost an ungodly amount of money on this one.

Is this coin still active/is there a roadmap for the future?

Yes, just be patient with. If you invest in a micro-cap coin, then then a 80-90% drop is completely normal.
Best gains I ever had were after a 90% loss. 150x came after that. Micro caps are the future  Wink

this is good fact to keep in mind - we need to take the long view and look back to see if the past can predict future movements

the beauty about this crypto market as opposed to the stock market IS THE HIGH VOLATILITY

XSPEC starting to look like a good buy again

What makes you say it’s a buy? Just seems like it’s all starting from zero again. There was no v2.0, stealth staking, etc...

I’m stuck with this, and pretty annoyed tbh, so any good news would be welcome.

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic of not by saying it's started from zero again? It's up 40x from reaching exchanges, and around 10x year on year.

Good news is you didn't make the mistake of selling it. There's nothing worse than selling at small to massive loss and seeing your coin then do 10 or 100x. I've made the mistake before, particularly with privacy coins (Verge for example) and I kid you not when I say you are much more likely to regret selling than holding and this is f***ing good news. No offence you just need to play the game better to be honest. Swing large caps (they are all overpriced), buy the dips on small cap (good chance of growth) for "set it and forget it" moves, make a small amount of throw away investments into microcaps for ultimate ridiculous gains. Aggressively scalp ICOs when they reach exchanges as a monthly income if you really want to start printing money.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seeing so many people looking to bail out on crypto at the moment it seems, or at least certain investments, while the experienced traders are stocking up on what's cheap in the dip. This is how the crypto space works, you  should know better to be honest you've been involved in the space for over a year, longer than me even lol. Look at the fundamentals at the moment (they are great) look at what technology is coming in the future (much more than last year in my opinion). Be patience and sit back and relax, let staking do the hard work for you.

And finally, yes not all investments work out. That's how life works. Move on and hope for the best, learn from your mistakes. Don't write off a project just because you don't think anything will come of it.

This coin was shilled into eternity. Everyone was yapping on how awesome it is, the best privacy coin, etc. But the fact is, the creator fell sick or whatever, some other dude took over, did nothing on it, a month or two the creator came back. But there has been zero activity from the said owner. I don't give a jack shit about Telegram, or Discord. I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.
WHERE AND WHAT IS MANDICA DOING?!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212

Yes, just be patient with. If you invest in a micro-cap coin, then then a 80-90% drop is completely normal.
Best gains I ever had were after a 90% loss. 150x came after that. Micro caps are the future  Wink

this is good fact to keep in mind - we need to take the long view and look back to see if the past can predict future movements

the beauty about this crypto market as opposed to the stock market IS THE HIGH VOLATILITY

What makes you say it’s a buy? Just seems like it’s all starting from zero again. There was no v2.0, stealth staking, etc...

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic of not by saying it's started from zero again? It's up 40x from reaching exchanges, and around 10x year on year.

Good news is you didn't make the mistake of selling it. There's nothing worse than selling at small to massive loss and seeing your coin then do 10 or 100x. I've made the mistake before, particularly with privacy coins (Verge for example) and I kid you not when I say you are much more likely to regret selling than holding and this is f***ing good news. No offence you just need to play the game better to be honest. Swing large caps (they are all overpriced), buy the dips on small cap (good chance of growth) for "set it and forget it" moves, make a small amount of throw away investments into microcaps for ultimate ridiculous gains. Aggressively scalp ICOs when they reach exchanges as a monthly income if you really want to start printing money.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seeing so many people looking to bail out on crypto at the moment it seems, or at least certain investments, while the experienced traders are stocking up on what's cheap in the dip. This is how the crypto space works, you  should know better to be honest you've been involved in the space for over a year, longer than me even lol. Look at the fundamentals at the moment (they are great) look at what technology is coming in the future (much more than last year in my opinion). Be patience and sit back and relax, let staking do the hard work for you.

And finally, yes not all investments work out. That's how life works. Move on and hope for the best, learn from your mistakes. Don't write off a project just because you don't think anything will come of it.

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman

In our community there are kind people waiting for you, to answer your questions.

I download from it and tried to install on Ubuntu 16.04 following the instructions in the README.md.

The official source of Spectrecoin is this:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

You should see the README.md file here:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/blob/master/README.md

Now I can not give you a specific date, but at the current work rate, it will soon be available.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Very active. Both the XSPEC Discord and WISP (coin that will be forked from XSPEC) are being actively worked on. Both are providing pretty consistent updates while XSPEC has been holding this 5k sat support for some time. If this is indeed the bottom we're only going up from here as new developments are released, but short answer is yes, the coin is very alive and a new roadmap is going to be released shortly. I'd recommend joining the Discord channel to stay up to date with everything, I don't have a link on me.
Activity: 25
Been looking for an investment for my kids and this seems to be the one. I hope it pays off for them. Sounds like you guys know what your doing. I just hope i do. Wallet works fine and i am already staking. Good luck team will check back to see how its going.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
 Wink

Yeah he should've waited until the fork and then sold both coins.

The decision is not bad or a mistake. Get out of a coin without the foreseeing potential with a moderate loss (20%) is some kind of good choice.
The fork is not deserved to be valuable. You can expect the forked coin to be listed on exchange asap.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Wink

Yeah he should've waited until the fork and then sold both coins.
Activity: 183

Wink
Pages:
Jump to: