Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction - page 21. (Read 93363 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

I made more money cleaning carpet and tile than you will ever make lol but keep hopin you get that half day off on Friday

Not to mention I owned the company and hired people to do the actual cleaning. That's how a business works, dipshit
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
looks like poll is closed but i will recommend spots
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

iGotSpots so far hasn't been involved in Spots 2.0; this is a resurrection by the community.

I think this heckling all started when I changed the ANN thread from Spots2 to Spots.  I think it may be a good idea to move forward as Spots2 and just manage any confusion as it arises.

I've updated the poll with a new question...  I want the community to decide.  Spots or Spots2.  I'll close the poll at midnight GMT (~12 hours from now).

Thanks!
Activity: 290
CoinPayments
still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

iGotSpots so far hasn't been involved in Spots 2.0; this is a resurrection by the community.
Activity: 338
still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.
Hello Everyone -

It's been an eventful day for our coin, but a pretty quiet evening...  I think everyone is waiting for the exchanges to come online.  Here are a couple of quick updates...

• Cryptsy.com has responded to our support request and is currently reviewing the source code from our fork.  If everything goes well, we should be back online at Cryptsy very soon.  If you have sent coins to Cryptsy, they are not lost.  They will just be frozen until their blockchain is upgraded.
  • Our KGW Diff Adjustments are working like a charm.  Blocks are consistently spaced at about 70 second increments.  We've successfully resolved the unstable blockchain issues from v1.1! Grin
  • Our hash power is continuing to grow (and spread).  Network hash power has been consistently between 60-70 Mh/s today, which is about double from yesterday.
  • Some of the NOMP pools that added us pre-fork don't look like they've updated to Scrypt-N mining.  I've removed them from the OP.  If this is an error, please contact me via PM and I'll re-add you.
Its not me. I told them in PM they can do whatever they want and I won't resist. I don't really have much time anymore for issues related to one coin specifically

Thanks for taking the project over. Good luck

Thank you, sir.  We'll carry it forward and see where the concept of cryptocurrency to precious metals takes us.  You're always welcome to jump back in and provide advice, guidance, dev help, etc...  Good luck with PaySHA!
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Its not me. I told them in PM they can do whatever they want and I won't resist. I don't really have much time anymore for issues related to one coin specifically

Thanks for taking the project over. Good luck
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their at

I am assuming that "AmericanComputerNerd" is a shill/puppet account for "iGotSpots" and he is pretending to be a different person.

It might be, but it doesn't seem like this is Spots. Just my opinion. regardless, i think the exchanges need to be on the new fork if everything AmericanComputerNerd has said is true and checks out.

If it was IGotSpots he likely would have sent an email to my personal email about it. I gave that up somewhere along the line

Unless he doesnt want anyone to know
Thanks everyone, especially r3wt for pulling some strings to get us personal attention!  It's exciting to see that we'll be back online at Cryptsy soon (fingers crossed!).  It's also very exciting that aside from a minor delay with the exchanges our fork has gone very well!!!

Like I've said in a few other posts, let's try to keep our environment positive and focused on moving the community forward.  Mullick has provided a personal response and is reviewing the code now.  Let's not speak poorly of the exchanges (at least on this thread.)

Thank you again everyone!
Activity: 357
Since this wasnt forked from an existing repo I will have to do a code review Sad

Should be back online on the new fork today or tonight

Thanx for reply, Mullick. At your cryptsy there are lot of tickets without any reply for weeks and even months. I have a few of them without any reaction or just closing without answer. Maybe this (spots wallet upgrade) will be fixed asap.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.
I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their attention since i've known a few of the staff members for some time.

Thanks for the message.

The support tickets about this were in the wrong category. Sorry about that

Since this wasnt forked from an existing repo I will have to do a code review Sad

Thank you for checking it out.

I am assuming that "AmericanComputerNerd" is a shill/puppet account for "iGotSpots" and he is pretending to be a different person.

It might be, but it doesn't seem like this is Spots. Just my opinion. regardless, i think the exchanges need to be on the new fork if everything AmericanComputerNerd has said is true and checks out.
CoinPayments
Thanks Mullick, if it helps at all the 1st block of the hardfork was 96288 / 976e80f3485e0df98e15d8dc5271e836f83ef473fec11542c99e2bf82002da3c.
The last block on the old blockchain was 67383e2ac2876f1cdc66f9c66a681ffdbeaf04a4bd7993431d29008f62f62e8e.
Activity: 466
Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.
I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their attention since i've known a few of the staff members for some time.

Thanks for the message.

Finally, we were waiting for a long time for this
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

Thanks for the message.

CoinPayments
No, it doesn't look like they've switched over yet; I sent a test deposit and it hasn't shown up. We did give them 2 weeks notice to upgrade though.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
anyone able to confirm if cryptsy is on the most recent fork?
CoinPayments
Just my 2 cents here but I have no reason to believe that AmericanComputerNerd is iGotSpots. iGotSpots quit working on Spots long ago and has moved on to SHA coins now due to his Paysha venture.

I'm sorry you feel this way.  I am not associated with igotspots at all.  He has not been involved or associated with the re-write.  Myself and MrData have both reached out to him to see if he would rejoin the community.  MrData was able to get a response (as referenced in the thread), my attempts were ignored.

I believe in the concepts behind this coin and saw a community that had been abandoned.  The Crypto to Precious Metals concept has not been fully explored, and allows for a transition from virtual reality to physical reality.

Further the community was begging for igotspots to fix the coin towards the end.  If he was going to re-emerge to fix the coin, why would he do it through a puppet account and not just be the hero people wanted?
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Pages:
Jump to: