Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction - page 22. (Read 93363 times)

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
we need more information about sports coin and dev plan.

This is an old coin by infamous scammer "iGotSpots" Just walk away.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Regarding the updates at Coins-E.com and Cryptsy.com...  In both cases the administrators of those sites were made aware of the planned fork almost 2 weeks ago.  To date it appears neither site has taken action to upgrade their software to v2 as of this writing.

If you use either site I recommend that the community members submit support tickets to have the client upgraded, so these administrators understand the fork is community supported and they are impacting several people.  I am continuing to update support tickets to try to bring this to resolution.

Additionally, as a back-up plan, I believe with a few nights of programming I can launch a SPT / BTC exchange on our website.  In an environment that is supposed to be decentralized, I am realizing that we have given an inappropriate amount of power to a few exchanges.  These sites are holding up our progress as a community, without any good reason...  It isn't, and shouldn't be, acceptable...

Cryptsy's support is way too crap. I suggest rather than making your exchange, apply for smaller and well managed exchanges like bittrex and poloneix.

poloniex? now thats just hilarious.

Haha...i was talking about support not speed :p
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Regarding the updates at Coins-E.com and Cryptsy.com...  In both cases the administrators of those sites were made aware of the planned fork almost 2 weeks ago.  To date it appears neither site has taken action to upgrade their software to v2 as of this writing.

If you use either site I recommend that the community members submit support tickets to have the client upgraded, so these administrators understand the fork is community supported and they are impacting several people.  I am continuing to update support tickets to try to bring this to resolution.

Additionally, as a back-up plan, I believe with a few nights of programming I can launch a SPT / BTC exchange on our website.  In an environment that is supposed to be decentralized, I am realizing that we have given an inappropriate amount of power to a few exchanges.  These sites are holding up our progress as a community, without any good reason...  It isn't, and shouldn't be, acceptable...

Cryptsy's support is way too crap. I suggest rather than making your exchange, apply for smaller and well managed exchanges like bittrex and poloneix.

poloniex? now thats just hilarious.
Activity: 399

Awesome!  I have three open tickets and only one it's responded.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Thanks.  As far as Cryptsy is concerned, it's been radio silent, with the exception of a note one of our community members managed to get to BigVern that said they were aware of the fork...  Any response would be nice! 

FreshDesk tickets 135126 and 136481 have been being processed by a "Mullick" Tier 2 Support Manager with no response for almost 2 weeks.  They can reference these specifically, but several have been submitted by other members.
Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.
I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their attention since i've known a few of the staff members for some time.
Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.

Spots v2 is now available for mining on on Multipool.us port 3374.

Features:
  • Over 1 year in operation
  • Proportional reward system
  • Redundant EU and US Servers
  • User-selectable share difficulty from 16 to 2048
  • Load Balancing - High capacity and redundant
  • Transparent, detailed block payout stats
  • Fee-free daily payouts and low threshold auto payouts
  • Android and iPhone app available! http://multistat.yovu.co/

Updated the OP!  Thanks.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Spots v2 is now available for mining on on Multipool.us port 3374.

Features:
  • Over 1 year in operation
  • Proportional reward system
  • Redundant EU and US Servers
  • User-selectable share difficulty from 16 to 2048
  • Load Balancing - High capacity and redundant
  • Transparent, detailed block payout stats
  • Fee-free daily payouts and low threshold auto payouts
  • Android and iPhone app available! http://multistat.yovu.co/
LDR
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
coins-e doesn't seem to be working, there is no way to make a deposit address through them
Just have a question is this the same SPT that is being traded on cryptsy because the name spots2 is confusing me :p

I'm going to remove all the references to a Spots2, since this really is just the Spots coin on an updated (v2) client.

Ya, that would be better. I am still waiting for the cryptsy update though. How much time will it take as i really want to see the new floor value before mining more coins.
Just have a question is this the same SPT that is being traded on cryptsy because the name spots2 is confusing me :p

I'm going to remove all the references to a Spots2, since this really is just the Spots coin on an updated (v2) client.

Only 1% mining fee
No signup required

Scrypt-n
stratum+tcp://fixminer.com:3008 -u wallet -p anything

http://fixminer.com/spots2

Thanks for supporting the community, I'm adding your link to the OP. 
Oh ok thanks. Just waiting to see it up on cryptsy. Mined a few thousand now lets see if they can cover up my mining rental Smiley
Right now on http://mine.thespt.com i am seeing pool hashrate 23mh/s and Network hashrate:15mh/s How can this be possible? Is the pool working?

The pool is running fine. All of those stats are calculated averages. It'll adjust over time now things are stablizing.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
http://fixminer.com/fixminer.png

Only 1% mining fee
No signup required

Scrypt-n
stratum+tcp://fixminer.com:3008 -u wallet -p anything

http://fixminer.com/spots2

Activity: 399
where SPT 2 exchange?

Now is https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/81
We haven't full information about update to Spots2, but community hope it's will soon.
Pages:
Jump to: