Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction - page 24. (Read 93363 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Today is the day!  Just shy of 12 hours from now...  Smiley

I wanted to quickly give a snapshot of what to expect, so that everyone has clear expectations.  The fork is set by a time stamp, so at midnight GMT (6/1/2014 00:00:00) the algorithm and difficulty target will switch over to Scrypt-N and KGW.  When this happens, your Scrypt miners are going to begin rejecting shares and you'll need to switch to a Scrypt-N pool / adjust your solo mining.

The blockchain will not be magically fixed at midnight GMT.  We will immediately switch over to Scrypt-N, but the KGW will take several blocks to adjust and regulate the blockchain.  Especially if the difficulty is high at the time of the fork.  This is to be expected, and by design, it adjusts a small amount every block instead of wild swings. 

I think we can fix this by purposely decreasing hashing power throughout the day to decrease difficulty and turning it back on after the fork. 

After the fork, the old version of the software will break off on its own chain and likely stall to a crawl if not stopped completely!  Anyone still on this version may experience days before transactions are confirmed and trouble connecting to peers.  Upgrade to V2 to resolve this.

Our Spots2 software will break off on its own chain which will be much more stable (70 sec blocks) and ASIC resistant.  All of our new features and fixes will only work on this fork.  All previous transactions and stored value will carry over on this chain.

I'll be out and about throughout the day, but feel free to reply with questions.  If someone else doesn't answer them, I'll jump back on later this evening.  MrData may jump in and correct portions of this, he knows more than me on this subject, so trust him.  Wink
Activity: 637
Merit: 250
I still have an old SPT-wallet.
Can I simply copy wallet.dat from the Spots-folder into the new Spots2-folder, to use it there?

Edit: Just checked it myself and it seems to work.
That's good, I'll be doing the same with the mac wallet
What is the status of Cryptsy updating to SPOTS V2?

Several support tickets have been submitted to Cryptsy, which so far have not been reported as closed out / resolved.  So I don't think the wallet has been updated yet.

Matory made contact with BigVern a few days ago, and was told they were aware and were working on it.  I would recommend that each member of the community that uses Cryptsy flood them with requests and emails regarding the wallet upgrade. 

I'm not sure what their delay is, but if the community starts to reach out they will have to update the wallet.  I hear these support delays are common with Cryptsy, which is unfortunate...
Activity: 357
Need more info than that Smiley
My 1st guess with no information would be are you using a data folder with Spots v1 files in it? Make sure to use a clean folder if that's the case only copying over the Spots v1 wallet.dat (no peers.dat or other files.)

No, just started spots2-qt.exe /? without any other manipulations. Before that %AppData%/Spots2 didn't exist.
After crash i checked existence of this dir - no dir. Started daemon spots2d.exe - after that Spots2 dir appeared with blocks/ and chainstate/ dirs, .lock, db.log, debug.log, peers.dat and wallet.dat. After that started spots2-qt.exe /? again - same crash. spots2-qt.exe without arguments - same crash.
Activity: 151
What is the status of Cryptsy updating to SPOTS V2?
Activity: 290
CoinPayments
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 357
:/

--------
Сигнатура проблемы:
  Имя события проблемы:   APPCRASH
  Имя приложения:   spots2-qt.exe
  Версия приложения:   2.0.0.1
  Отметка времени приложения:   537d2e51
  Имя модуля с ошибкой:   StackHash_0a9e
  Версия модуля с ошибкой:   0.0.0.0
  Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой:   00000000
  Код исключения:   c0000005
  Смещение исключения:   00000438
  Версия ОС:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Код языка:   1049
  Дополнительные сведения 1:   0a9e
  Дополнительные сведения 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Дополнительные сведения 3:   0a9e
  Дополнительные сведения 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
--------
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I still have an old SPT-wallet.
Can I simply copy wallet.dat from the Spots-folder into the new Spots2-folder, to use it there?

Edit: Just checked it myself and it seems to work.
spots.cryptcoins.net

Our mining pool will switch over to scrypt-N on 6/1/2014 as soon as possible when the conversion occurs.

Thanks for the update!  That means if you are looking for a place to mine as long as possible on Scrypt, get on this pool!
Less than 48 hours until the hardfork now, I hope everyone has upgraded Smiley

Never been so excited as now Smiley

Yes, indeed!  All of our hard work is about to pay off!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
spots.cryptcoins.net

Our mining pool will switch over to scrypt-N on 6/1/2014 as soon as possible when the conversion occurs.
Activity: 399

Never been so excited as now Smiley
CoinPayments
Howdy Everyone -

As we get closer and closer to our hard fork, I've gone ahead and upgraded the mining pool @ http://mine.theSPT.com/ to Scrypt-N.  If you've accessed the site before, you'll notice the new site has a dark color scheme and the old site has a light color scheme.

I decided the best way to migrate to Scrypt-N was with a clean database and configuration.  So, you'll need to register again if you previously had an account on the old pool.

Lastly, if you are owed funds, you can do a manual withdraw by logging in to the old site at http://oldpool.theSPT.com/.
Thanks again to Matory, who has worked with the Coins-e.com Support to ensure they will be on the correct wallet for the fork!  I've updated the OP accordingly.
CoinPayments
There will be a total of 440,000,000 Spots (which should take about 20 years to mine).
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hi, can somebody total me the total number of SPOTS that will be released please?
CoinPayments
Yes, this is the same Spots. You can leave your coins on Cryptsy, there is no coin swap or anything for this upgrade Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Is this the same spots that is currently on cryptsy, and if so, do I just leave my old coins in there or do I have to exchange somehow?
Pages:
Jump to: