Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 37. (Read 195438 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hey baritus:

Could you release a compiled client with 1) UPNP enabled and 2) includes "securecoind"?

I like to automate things on my main box, but I'm too lazy to set up a JSONRPC client.  (It's a personal problem, really)

Edit: Eh, nevermind.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)#Command_line_.28cURL.29

I'll just use cURL via Cygwin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
unless the price kind of goes 10 fold then getting it to work shouldn't  be a major concern unless  you have access to free hardware and electricity. If you just want the coins buying them is probably way cheaper. Can pick up 100 for 7 dollars that's 20 blocks. Mining that on anything other than free hardware probably costs more.

While that's true, I have a machine that's running anyway but still has spare cpu cycles.  Might as well get something extra instead of letting the cycles go to waste Smiley

Yes, that is true, i leave my latop mining when its at work also, although i am still trying to find out which is really the most profitable cpu coin to mine. xpm,quark or this. I think it was quark before the block reward halved now i am not sure which it is.

for quark vs src you can use my sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsoEvtUcZSjWdDJzd3Riek9Mb2RwUVhubUdrdEthclE#gid=0

Currently i update the values using a script i run manually... see "Vs Quark" column to see the difference.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
unless the price kind of goes 10 fold then getting it to work shouldn't  be a major concern unless  you have access to free hardware and electricity. If you just want the coins buying them is probably way cheaper. Can pick up 100 for 7 dollars that's 20 blocks. Mining that on anything other than free hardware probably costs more.

While that's true, I have a machine that's running anyway but still has spare cpu cycles.  Might as well get something extra instead of letting the cycles go to waste Smiley

Yes, that is true, i leave my latop mining when its at work also, although i am still trying to find out which is really the most profitable cpu coin to mine. xpm,quark or this. I think it was quark before the block reward halved now i am not sure which it is.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Question, as I’m not familiar with this type of mining..
If i mine with the minerd and it’’s bat file is:

minerd64_sse4 -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:12568 --userpass=x:xxx

and SRC wallet conf is:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12568
port=12567
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=24.222.191.37
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=71.77.233.192
addnode=54.234.172.139
addnode=86.2.171.203
addnode=208.77.217.7
addnode=208.77.217.8

the wallet of course must be opened for this to connect, and I see only hashrates of the CPU threads in minerd cmd prompt.. and Balance is 0.00 until I found a block only or I’m wrong ? Is this how it should be, my config and minerd bat are good  ?

Welcome aboard the SecureCoin train Smiley

1) your command line is correct, those are right settings for your .bat file

2) the configuration file is correct aswell, and your balance will only update when a block is found. (It'll show as immature ,and once it matured, it will show in your balance and be available for spending.
Activity: 165
Just mining my own business...

Activity: 196
Question, as I’m not familiar with this type of mining..
If i mine with the minerd and it’’s bat file is:

minerd64_sse4 -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:12568 --userpass=x:xxx

and SRC wallet conf is:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12568
port=12567
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=24.222.191.37
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=71.77.233.192
addnode=54.234.172.139
addnode=86.2.171.203
addnode=208.77.217.7
addnode=208.77.217.8

the wallet of course must be opened for this to connect, and I see only hashrates of the CPU threads in minerd cmd prompt.. and Balance is 0.00 until I found a block only or I’m wrong ? Is this how it should be, my config and minerd bat are good  ?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Activity: 322
Supersonic
this coin sucks. i can get it to work Wink
legendary
Any thread with 32 pages of "I cant get this to work" IS probably the fault of the wallet and a dodgy fail coin

"I can't get this to work" still isn't an accurate description of the problem you're having.

Your input in this topic so far has also been incredibly impressive.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

I'm about to drop this coin. Any other suggestions I can try?

Have you tried deleting your "peers.dat" file and trying again?

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Lastly, you can try adding "dns=1" and "dnsseed=1" to your .conf

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Looking at the thread it seems like 100 people have the same issue.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided

How about you stop whining and listen to some of the advice in here. You seem to be one of the few with ongoing problems. "A poor carpenter blames his tools.." Has to be something in your setup. I suggest you carefully try the suggestions mentioned previously again.

"one of the few" dude have you actually read this thread or are you just plain ignorant!?
its 100+ people with the exact same issue in this thread alone..
Intentionally broken at launch to pave way for a "fair launch".
15+ other wallets works flawless, this one does not - period!

I think you are the one who needs to read this entire thread instead of just looking.  There are less than 20 people with connection problems and 4 of those 20 have since resolved the issue.  I'm sure other have as well but didn't update their status.  So by looking through the thread, you are able to tell that 100+ people have the exact same issue as you.  Now if you focus all that energy to troubleshooting your connection issue, you might be able to get it working. 

-tb-
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided

How about you stop whining and listen to some of the advice in here. You seem to be one of the few with ongoing problems. "A poor carpenter blames his tools.." Has to be something in your setup. I suggest you carefully try the suggestions mentioned previously again.

"one of the few" dude have you actually read this thread or are you just plain ignorant!?
its 100+ people with the exact same issue in this thread alone..
Intentionally broken at launch to pave way for a "fair launch".
15+ other wallets works flawless, this one does not - period!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
This wallet was compiled with the exact same settings as digitalcoin, so any blames on "UPNP" or whatever else people come up with as some sort of foul play are too idiotic to respond to.

I will setup a dnsseed in the next version to add an additional connection backup option. If you're not able to connect, you need to check that your ports are properly forwarded because the client no longer has IRC capabilities as a backup option.

If you want a UPNP enabled client to try: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?pli=1

Activity: 392
My pool has been up for 32 hours and going strong:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3045862
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Any thread with 32 pages of "I cant get this to work" IS probably the fault of the wallet and a dodgy fail coin
legendary
If, for some reason, you cannot get the wallet to sync, it is not a fault in the wallet.

Make sure you have the latest version downloaded, followed every possible step put in this entire 32 pages topic, and then , if it still doesn't work, post a detailed description of what happens : any error, any messages, .....

saying "wallet wont sync" or "same problem here" isn't exactly helpful for other who might want to help you fix the issues.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
same problem here
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Man, I didn't do shit and the wallet synced...copied the long node list just in case.
Already transferred coins to cryptsy and all, I doubt this is a shady move by Baritus and co.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Or just use the UPNP enabled client if that's your issue.
Pages:
Jump to: