Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 38. (Read 195438 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Looking at the thread it seems like 100 people have the same issue.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided

which os? you sound like win7 , try this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?usp=sharing

It's also probably worth taking a look at your router settings if you're behind one.  If you have to, set your main box as the DMZ.

I've got Securecoin working fine on both 2 desktops and a laptop, all running Windows 7.  The laptop took a while to catch on (about an hour), but it was fine after that.

My recommendation: stop fiddling with it.
Delete your peers.dat, modify your securecoind.conf to include "gen=1", then start primecoin and check on it in the morning.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

I'm about to drop this coin. Any other suggestions I can try?

Have you tried deleting your "peers.dat" file and trying again?

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Lastly, you can try adding "dns=1" and "dnsseed=1" to your .conf

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided

which os? you sound like win7 , try this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Huh, this is... odd?

Code:
getmininginfo (17:38:47)
{
"blocks" : 11329,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1531.37219079,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 4,
"testnet" : false
}

getmininginfo (19:32:42)
{
"blocks" : 11400,
"pooledtx" : 0,
}

getmininginfo (20:23:52)
{
"blocks" : 11423,
"pooledtx" : 1,
}

First, 70 blocks in ~60 minutes.
Then 23 blocks in ~50 minutes?

Bad luck, or did a pool crap out?
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
I am keeping my 2 nodes online on decent servers on 1 GB network allowing high connections and plan to leave them up for coin stability FWIW...
they are 208.77.217.7 and .8

Activity: 14

Its open source so to quote Baritus "if you want it fix it yourself"...
Activity: 280
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
UPDATE:
1. The website will be coming online today.
2. If you are interested in donating to the development fund, the details are below:

Development Fund Donations
SRC: sTs6tQZ74TNLq5xYQaLV1nK1Gu7FPMGugJ
Activity: 35
I setup a p2pool (2%) for securecoin.  

Please join and provide any feedback! Grin

Quick tutorial:
1. Get minerd64_sse4.exe here http://www.japool.com/quark-v2_w64.zip

2. Run this at cmd but put in your Securecoin address!

minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://www.japool.com:17339 --userpass=:

Example:
minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://www.japool.com:17339 --userpass=scfTDJSu8WZaM3sZ1JJQ5zrhLX91sgfC7D:blah

*Change this "-t 8" to the number of cores you have I have 8.  If you have 4 cores change it to "-t 4"

Yours is the only one that works for me. No one else will give me clear instructions on how to setup the miner to mine SRC in Windows. Is it possible to use multiple miners on this pool?
legendary
@Neisklar

https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark/blob/master/COPYING

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions....

End of.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Hash Algo EXACTLY as Quarkcoin. Why not mention in the ANN? Shame on you!

He credited Sifcoin, which developed the algorithm that Quark uses.

@lemons

Are you sure you're not running viruses in the background or antivirus scanners?

@techbytes

How is your algorithm better/resistant from Prime/quarkcoin?

The algorithm isn't better than Sifcoin's (which both QRK and SRC use), the economy is.

Please look at the code, and verify your statements before publish them.
IMHO Quark uses the "idea" of SIF, but not the algorithm:

https://github.com/CCPS/sifcoin/blob/master/src/hashblock.h
vs.
https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark/blob/master/src/hashblock.h

Securecoin is innovative in that way it's waiting for all the necessary tools and sources show up, and then use them, without the need to put own effort in it.

Out of interest:
Why didn't you change the algorithm?
That would definatly have made all "Copycoin" thinkings obsolete ;-)

EDIT:
hashrate displays fixed, payouts fixed too since that was linked to hashrate, and also any tx fee's fees have been removed as i plan on covering them
Source anywhere? ;-)
legendary
@longtampong

Is this not an open source project? What stops someone who needs UPNP from compiling the source with UPNP support when all the tools are provided?

The initial block value was also 0.05, so any hints at instamining or foul-play have already been disproven in the coin design itself.
Activity: 392
Activity: 266

Activity: 35
How am I suppose to setup a CPU miner to mine SRC? I'm using Windows 7.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
ok it's not ready i will post this gain when it works.

I setup a p2pool for securecoin.  

Please join and provide any feedback! Grin

http://209.188.16.220:17339/static/

Please ignore how messing my website is I just setup like 5 minutes ago  Tongue

Quick tutorial:
1. Get minerd64_sse4.exe here http://www.japool.com/quark-v2_w64.zip

2. Run this at cmd but put in your Securecoin address!

minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://209.188.16.220:17339 --userpass=:

Example:
minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 8 -o http://209.188.16.220:17339 --userpass=scfTDJSu8WZaM3sZ1JJQ5zrhLX91sgfC7D:blah

Change this "-t 8" to the number of cores you have I have 8.  If you have 4 cores change it to "-t 4"

Is there any fees on your p2pool?
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
"The most secure coin"

Lots of miners can't even download the blockchain to help secure the coin. lol

Its intentional and part of the so called "fair launch" added ALL the addnodes and wallet wont connect, the UPnP options is disabled in the windows QT client.
Worst launch this week, had expected more of Baritus but the aim of this fail-launch was obviously instamining..

go back to your looser coin kid, you may think we're all stupid people here, get a life kid

Dude go suck a goat or something, i like the coin i just dont like that its launched as semi-broken, do you?
If they can launch stuff like butterflycoin, androids tokens and any random recent release with a working wallet why could not Baritus launch Securecoin with a working one actually being able to sync?

unlike all other coins that were either premined you had larger blocks in the first thousands, this one had .5 blocks. Anyone that got the first few thousand got away with nothing. And you call that pre-mined? you kidding me right? The only problem I've seen with this coin was the first pool that went live. There were block issues but those are minor since the people with those problems (me included where the miner didn't work on all computers) didn't lose much
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
hashrate displays fixed, payouts fixed too since that was linked to hashrate, and also any tx fee's fees have been removed as i plan on covering them
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Anyone setup an explorer yet?

It will come after a working wallet, the website and something else i guess..

Don't know about anyone else but my wallet has been working fine since launch and I only have the initial two nodes in my config file.

-tb-
Pages:
Jump to: