Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 42. (Read 195438 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...
How is SRC comparing to QRK in terms of value (coins | btc) per day at a given hash rate?  (I must admit a bias to SRC because of the dev, but curious about how things are shaping up in the field)...
Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
I had really odd stuff go down when I tried to solo RPC mine.

On windows, I could only connect from localhost, even if rpcallowip=*.*.*.* was set.
When I set up a VPS and connected remotely, it would stall.  Miners wouldn't report disconnects, but the daemon stopped responding to commands.

Might just be my luck though.  Undecided
I have always used rpcallowip=*  and that seems fine (for the few coins I have installed a local wallet for)

and yeah I had the same problem, maybe 4 miners could connect before the miners would time out. local RPC commands would never come back. Ended up copying the wallet over to another machine with another instance and watched it that way  Grin

The pools are likely having a similar issue, i.e. coinmine seems a bit slow in responding to the miners. Though I am sure it is getting hammered Tongue
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
How much SRCs I should be getting now per hour with current difficulty with 3570k mining at stable 720kh/s?
Asking because both pools seem to show my hashrates wrong, crypto-expert 0-50kh/s and feeleeps 7-24kh/s....

Ignore the pool hashrates, they are simply wrong.
Somewhere around .3-.4 coins an hour, would be my finger in the air guess, based on what I'm seeing.

I'm getting a bit less than .1 per hour with ~230kh/s.
Activity: 168
This is what I use without issues:

securecoin.conf

Code:
rpcuser=**username**
rpcpassword=**password**
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12568
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=24.222.191.37
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=71.77.233.192
addnode=54.234.172.139
addnode=86.2.171.203
addnode=208.77.217.7
addnode=208.77.217.8

And add this to the miner:

Code:
 -a quark -t 6 -o http://127.0.0.1:12568 --userpass=**username**:**password**

The value after '-t' is the amount of cores you want to use (you can remove it completely to use all cores)

Feel free to use this in the first post.

K.

I had really odd stuff go down when I tried to solo RPC mine.

On windows, I could only connect from localhost, even if rpcallowip=*.*.*.* was set.
When I set up a VPS and connected remotely, it would stall.  Miners wouldn't report disconnects, but the daemon stopped responding to commands.

Might just be my luck though.  Undecided
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
This is what I use without issues:

securecoin.conf

Code:
rpcuser=**username**
rpcpassword=**password**
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12568
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=24.222.191.37
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=71.77.233.192
addnode=54.234.172.139
addnode=86.2.171.203
addnode=208.77.217.7
addnode=208.77.217.8

And add this to the miner:

Code:
 -a quark -t 6 -o http://127.0.0.1:12568 --userpass=**username**:**password**

The value after '-t' is the amount of cores you want to use (you can remove it completely to use all cores)

Feel free to use this in the first post.

K.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
How much SRCs I should be getting now per hour with current difficulty with 3570k mining at stable 720kh/s?
Asking because both pools seem to show my hashrates wrong, crypto-expert 0-50kh/s and feeleeps 7-24kh/s....

about 0.000000000000000000000000001 at the current diff i would say. Mine quark, sell it to buy this if that is what you want. More profit that way.

That might be damn close, I think I'll stay at Quark and trade from that onward Smiley
Activity: 138
Why isn't there a securecoin.conf either listed on the first page or included with the zip file?
Then I would at least know that the conf is OK.

They probably don't bundle the conf files because they go in such a different location.

Your best bet if you're still having issues is to manually run the addnode commands via the debug console:
Code:
addnode IPADDRESS add

Also try turning off your firewall, it may be limiting you.

Thanks for the tips, but they did not help me.

The conf file should be at least listed on the front page.

did you not see, that the dev dont want you to mine as long the diff is relativly low. F**ing instaminer thing. this one is a scam too!

Your comments are baseless and ignorant. Check the value of blocks at low difficulty. I purposefully made it so that it won't be instamined.

I had no issue with just adding nodes to the config on multiple machines using multiple operating systems.

Still cannot connect, my other 50+ wallets including Quark is working fine.
I suggest that you upgrade your test procedures to include more machines and more OSes.
Any planned updates to fix this?
Any plans on adding a complete *.conf file on the first post?

EDIT: Thanks to Adamlm for the download.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

about 0.000000000000000000000000001 at the current diff i would say. Mine quark, sell it to buy this if that is what you want. More profit that way.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
were reconfiguring the site although it should be close to real hashrate's now
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
"The most secure coin"

Lots of miners can't even download the blockchain to help secure the coin. lol

Here is current blockchain database and peers.dat. Maybe it can help. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrx72io5ytwcbnx/securecoin_chain.zip
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
got the wallet to compile on ubuntu x64 Smiley testing feeleep's pool now on my droplet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
"The most secure coin"

Lots of miners can't even download the blockchain to help secure the coin. lol
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
It was not really that fair as it's been marketed.

if the launch was not fair, please share with the community your vision of a fair launch
Right.

It was one of most fairest altcoin launch this year

I downloaded the client 5 mins after the announced launch, added two listed nodes and connected after more 3-5 minutes. Around 22:10 I was ready to mine and got first (orphaned..) blocks, see my post just after the launch. I'm not connected in any way with the dev, this is my sole personal opinion.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Man I can't believe I missed this! :p

New cpu coin, by Baritus...gotta hop on board.

What's the status of the pool, and what's the best miner for it?
rpg
Activity: 728

if the launch was not fair, please share with the community your vision of a fair launch
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
rpg
Activity: 728

did you not see, that the dev dont want you to mine as long the diff is relativly low. F**ing instaminer thing. this one is a scam too!

Just checked your post history.  This isn't the first time you've cried wolf.

these guys have no idea wha they are talking about. In terms of fairness this has been the best launch i've seen, and because of its perceived fairness in the community everyone rushed in and orphans were by the 100s :-) It really made me wonder what was going on, if someone was doing a 51% attack, but now everything is stable
Activity: 168

Just checked your post history.  This isn't the first time you've cried wolf.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Why isn't there a securecoin.conf either listed on the first page or included with the zip file?
Then I would at least know that the conf is OK.

They probably don't bundle the conf files because they go in such a different location.

Your best bet if you're still having issues is to manually run the addnode commands via the debug console:
Code:
addnode IPADDRESS add

Also try turning off your firewall, it may be limiting you.

Your comments are baseless and ignorant. Check the value of blocks at low difficulty. I purposefully made it so that it won't be instamined.

I had no issue with just adding nodes to the config on multiple machines using multiple operating systems.
Pages:
Jump to: