Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SUPERCOIN] Unique Most Advanced Anonymous Trustless Multisig Technology - page 91. (Read 288838 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
And I'm not the only one.

There are people who could lose more than I.

I am mentally preparing myself as I would have lost everything, because, with this kind of events, that's real possibility too...
The Community (even those of us who think our coin are safe) would like a fair solution. The developers and exchanges remain obdurate. I have suggested a reduction in pos reward to allow losers a fresh stake on the current blockchain. But the principle players will only act if the community shows solidarity... even at a cost to ourselves. I reject the arrogance and complacency of the Management Team.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
I can see reasoning in every side of the story...

- Bittrex could have acted faster. Reports of missing coins to Bittrex started 7 days ago! You can't just blame the devs surely.
- Devs could have acted faster. Faster block explorer update could have helped although it was a bit outside of dev's control.
- Users acted fastest. Many stopped transferring very early on. Reported it to Bittrex, devs etc. But we are losing out...
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Back to the real world
And I'm not the only one.

There are people who could lose more than I.

I am mentally preparing myself as I would have lost everything, because, with this kind of events, that's real possibility too...

If I had remembered well, when vericoin was stolen, they restored the blockchain to earlier state, right?

I am not competent to say does that solves the problem, but...
Activity: 278
Back to the real world
Aug 27 20:50 (their time zone )

Hi,

I have deposit issue with Supercoin.

Those are transactions made this night:

Date: 8/28/2014 03:42
To: ShFY8rm8VCFcUy2FxPXkmYFoR8Wdc2fMUU
Debit: -20000.00 SUPER
Transaction fee: -0.0002 SUPER
Net amount: -20000.0002 SUPER
Transaction ID: 1b5954927d98f3b6531c66d33f6454e6ac2c8705a999bb37e677fd5850fe9c99

Date: 8/28/2014 04:09
Debit: -793.00 SUPER
Transaction fee: -0.0001 SUPER
Net amount: -793.0001 SUPER
Transaction ID: d2bf4a33bba0b6d380848cde578f7e51764c10e8a12beef3235d1c2d05c1f746

Date: 8/28/2014 05:32
Debit: -17.00 SUPER
Net amount: -17.0001 SUPER
Transaction ID: de1bee0788053e4fbc3909c899bb4ed8ef05d8be977ff818662a6730dff638ac

First transaction was sent @ 3:42 am (gmt +1) and now is 5:48 am. Supercoin transactions are very fast, and they should be there in a matter of seconds, not hours :/

All was sent to your bittrex wallet, so, it should be there.

Best regards,

----

No , no, see the date . They had time to respond. They just didn't.

And now I'm guilty? Dev is guilty? Devs didn't do perfect, but they are trying to resolve...

I didn't wrote full mail because of privacy, but at p.m i would printscreen it, no trouble at al...

Richiela, potential fork issue was reported to Bittrex over a week ago it seems right about the time of the first fork.
I would expect an exchange to take these very seriously and perform own checks/tests or disable trade? (and ask the dev here etc)
Heck, even I knew about the potential fork last week and stopped any new transfers after some tiny transfer tests that failed.
Supercoindev fixed the issue very quickly and have official block explorer was updated within a day of the fork fix wallet.
How could they have done better? I believe it was all publicized on twitter when this happened also...

I have even worse problem:

Those coins showed by jakiman - if we are on the new fork - they would be at bittrex , and since they would be on the old fork - i'm losing it

If we are on the old fork - coins are not at the bittrex , so, where are my coins then? Maybe would be in wallet, maybe not...  Either way I could lose this coins, and that's same result as  if I would be scammed.

Before i leave crypto world once and for all, I'm waiting epilog of this situation...

Please read my previous response.  If you don't understand the ramifications of your actions and are not willing to work with us, there is nothing more I can do to help this community.  Given your stance, we will be reverting to the old fork.  If someone can explain the situation and the necessary solutions more clearly, please do so Wink

And for the record
It was very simple, we have some reports about forking, some said yes some said no, we could not be sure, we checked our nodes, no problem there. We watched the issue few days.

If you knew of potential problems and didn't tell anyone, and then didn't update the official block explorer when you "fixed" the problem.  The fault lies with you.  We already made sure we followed your block explorer.  

Thanks
richie@bittrex

I don't get your point there. If you see many reports there for missing coins, you should suspend the trading and investigate. You did not do that, you missed it, now you try to blame the dev. It is your job to watch all the coins trading in your exchange. You are the only one to watch it, not dev, not other people. When you have issues, consult with the dev or check the coin thread. It is as simple as that, I don't see your points trying to find a scapegoat there.

When the wallet was updated the Block Explorer was Not updated. The Block Explorer is the tool used to investigate the Blockchain. Maintenance of the tools (wallet and explorer) is the responsibility of the Developers.
But neither side is willing to compromise in order to help Investors. And if it's left like that then whichever fork wins, this coin has zero chance of survival. The situation creates no confidence for the future.

Explorers are not done by dev team, we informed as soon as possible the dev for explorer and helped to get it fixed.

Again fork is a common problem. Exchanges are responsible to watch it and suspend trading as needed. The dev team will help as much as we can to resolve the issues.
The day after the wallet update. So exchanges were left watching the blockchain with the wrong explorer and Investors were led to the wrong fork.
This is essentially a Management Problem and the fault lies in the complacency of the Supercoin Management Team. Refusal to accept any responsibility merely compounds the errors.
legendary
jakiman is back!
Devs, I recommend you guys setup an IRC channel so it can be sorted out more quickly instead of back & forth forum posts here.

Q2: Why fork happen?
A2: Fork happens due to network hash / pos generation unevenly, and also faster block time (which makes transactions a lot faster) may cause forking problems. This fork problem is very common in the alt coins. Most coins have fork issues at one point. Nothing is strange there. When fork occurs, dev team usually release a new version with more checkpoints that block the forked chain. Once everyone use the correct chain, fork will die.

Thanks all for your patience and support.

Fork will die along with any coin on that fork.
So is this the roadmap for the future? More forks more fixes and more losses? Because uneven pos generation and faster block times will continue to be fundamental properties of the coin.
I should add that my remaining coin are in the latest wallet and staking with approx 30% rejects. This compares with Mammothcoin staking with about 2% rejects. Both using the same codebase.
legendary
jakiman is back!
Aug 27 20:50 (their time zone )

Hi,

I have deposit issue with Supercoin.

Those are transactions made this night:

Date: 8/28/2014 03:42
Debit: -20000.00 SUPER
Transaction fee: -0.0002 SUPER
Net amount: -20000.0002 SUPER
Transaction ID: 1b5954927d98f3b6531c66d33f6454e6ac2c8705a999bb37e677fd5850fe9c99

Date: 8/28/2014 04:09
Debit: -793.00 SUPER
Net amount: -793.0001 SUPER
Transaction ID: d2bf4a33bba0b6d380848cde578f7e51764c10e8a12beef3235d1c2d05c1f746

Date: 8/28/2014 05:32
Debit: -17.00 SUPER
Net amount: -17.0001 SUPER
Transaction ID: de1bee0788053e4fbc3909c899bb4ed8ef05d8be977ff818662a6730dff638ac

First transaction was sent @ 3:42 am (gmt +1) and now is 5:48 am. Supercoin transactions are very fast, and they should be there in a matter of seconds, not hours :/

All was sent to your bittrex wallet, so, it should be there.

Best regards,

----

No , no, see the date . They had time to respond. They just didn't.

And now I'm guilty? Dev is guilty? Devs didn't do perfect, but they are trying to resolve...

I didn't wrote full mail because of privacy, but at p.m i would printscreen it, no trouble at al...

Richiela, potential fork issue was reported to Bittrex over a week ago it seems right about the time of the first fork.
I would expect an exchange to take these very seriously and perform own checks/tests or disable trade? (and ask the dev here etc)
Heck, even I knew about the potential fork last week and stopped any new transfers after some tiny transfer tests that failed.
Supercoindev fixed the issue very quickly and have official block explorer was updated within a day of the fork fix wallet.
How could they have done better? I believe it was all publicized on twitter when this happened also...

Activity: 406
Lets get first get those on wrong fork go into the right one. We are still working on the issue.

I have some SUPER stuck on bittrex and know people who has some too. We can't really get into the new fork from there and if you change to new fork we will lose them.

??

So if you move to new fork we lose coins on Bittrex?
Activity: 213

Please read my previous response.  If you don't understand the ramifications of your actions and are not willing to work with us, there is nothing more I can do to help this community.  Given your stance, we will be reverting to the old fork.  If someone can explain the situation and the necessary solutions more clearly, please do so Wink

And for the record
It was very simple, we have some reports about forking, some said yes some said no, we could not be sure, we checked our nodes, no problem there. We watched the issue few days.

If you knew of potential problems and didn't tell anyone, and then didn't update the official block explorer when you "fixed" the problem.  The fault lies with you.  We already made sure we followed your block explorer.  

Thanks
richie@bittrex

I don't get your point there. If you see many reports there for missing coins, you should suspend the trading and investigate. You did not do that, you missed it, now you try to blame the dev. It is your job to watch all the coins trading in your exchange. You are the only one to watch it, not dev, not other people. When you have issues, consult with the dev or check the coin thread. It is as simple as that, I don't see your points trying to find a scapegoat there.

When the wallet was updated the Block Explorer was Not updated. The Block Explorer is the tool used to investigate the Blockchain. Maintenance of the tools (wallet and explorer) is the responsibility of the Developers.
But neither side is willing to compromise in order to help Investors. And if it's left like that then whichever fork wins, this coin has zero chance of survival. The situation creates no confidence for the future.

Explorers are not done by dev team, we informed as soon as possible the dev for explorer and helped to get it fixed.

Again fork is a common problem. Exchanges are responsible to watch it and suspend trading as needed. The dev team will help as much as we can to resolve the issues.
Activity: 213
As supercointeam said, as soon as we found out there are possible forks, we released a new version with new checkpoints. If you use the new version, you can only sync to the correct block chain.

And because the sync time is usually very long (the program will take long time to find out the right chain from the forked ones), we posted the correct block chain files a few days ago. So as long as you download it, and sync from there, it should be pretty fast to sync.

Use block explorer to check if you are on the correct blockchain.

Answers to a few questions:

Q1: Is the github 1.6 version wrong? why I am blocked at block 428419?
A1: The github 1.6 code is correct. If you are blocked at 428419, it means you are on a forked chain. There's a checkpoint at block 428420. This is the purpose of checkpoint. We compiled directly from github and tested a few times, there is no problem at all. Both released 3.1 windows client and the github 1.6 code are correct.

If it takes too long for you to sync, download the blockchain file and sync from there.

Q2: Why fork happen?
A2: Fork happens due to network hash / pos generation unevenly, and also faster block time (which makes transactions a lot faster) may cause forking problems. This fork problem is very common in the alt coins. Most coins have fork issues at one point. Nothing is strange there. When fork occurs, dev team usually release a new version with more checkpoints that block the forked chain. Once everyone use the correct chain, fork will die.

Q3: Why after sync my balance is different?
A3: After fully sync'ed, use repairwallet command in console.

Thanks all for your patience and support.

And for the record

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
@fairglue the chain we picked is the official one we  don't know which chain is in the exchange.
Activity: 271
Merit: 101

And for the record

Thanks
richie@bittrex

legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

And for the record

Thanks
richie@bittrex

sounds reasonable, it would be the best if supercoinDEV could respond to this so we have every necessary detail at hand to sort it out.

Well ideally, the checkpoint should have validated the exchanges fork, apparently it validated the other fork, hence the trouble.

If MintPal is on the same fork bittrex was before suspension, then a better solution would be to revert the last update and make the exchange fork the official one.
Then bittrex get their coins back, deposits return to their original wallets, no minting is required, MintPal withdrawals are ok, and the only losses are the stakes performed on the other form (which I guess should be a minor evil).

Of course if MintPal is on a third fork... that would make thinks complicated.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Because exchanges never asks when they add a crypto or when they remove. This is their job to watch for forks, willingly added cryptos, they know fork risks, they can build block explorers and follow our thread and github. Or simply they do not add. if exchange sees reports of missing coins, exchange should suspend the trading and investigate. If an exchange missed that or ignore these which serves a good lesson for the future.
we offered  the solution. We will do again if needed. This is not our first fork fix with bittrex. they acted without problem in the old one.

We love bittrex and we have no problem with them. We still want to see them opening our market and will keep them first line within other exchanges if they want to cooperate. Next time i will closely care and alert bittrex before any other exchange. I also suggest them they make a system can follow github updates and they set up own block explorers so it will not be issue there again.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
As you used the blockdata prepared by dev, your checks (these that are in place) seems not been triggered.

Blockdata only affects wallet db, explorer db is synchronized from it, but does its own checks.

However as I wrote, time is not part of the explorer checks, only block order / precedence.

Most likely, you use block time instead of the transaction time to show in the transaction details.

Yes, that's what I explained. I've updated the transaction page to make it more obvious.

I wasn't aware of the time constraint for PoS, and only assumed that block order & time served as reference like for PoW chains.

But I would change this to actual time of transaction if I were you, as your current implementation is inconsistent with the data that might be acquired by other means.

I'll see about surfacing it in the "raw" technical data. As far as regular users are concerned, I think the block time makes the most sense, as it's the one that matters for confirming things with exchanges, merchants, etc. when looking up a transaction.

Assuming the time field in the transactions is created by a client (is it?), it is not as important as someone could have created a transaction with no or poor connectivity (and the tx would then only be seen by the net after a rebroadcast), or a de-synchronized clock, or just plain faked it by voluntarily adjusting his clock.

(that said, if you feel like other info could be clarified or added, feel free to PM me or open a ticket, might be easier to discuss technical details)
what is the thing called official explorer? does Bitcoin has such a thing or concept? We alerted fairglue about update and you can see his posts on the matter.

I am still behind my word about better advertisement for you.

That would be the explorer released or promoted by the Supercoin Team, along with the Wallet, and referred to on Page One of this thread, along with all the elaborate promotional material.
Activity: 118
We truly working on this and over 4 days we put much effort here any other party.

Also SuperMultipool has still collecting BTCs because we dont know exchanges on stil fork or not yet payment were possible. As soon as we have a good exchange , the  pool will buy from there those all past coins. We asked again these exchanges whats up with them.

We also now testing few more things to see if anything else we can do.
so what are the options according you, that can be done in order to save peoples money(SUPER) and to get rid of this mess?

Well i offered bittrex some help for the future. It's big win-win situation in the long term for them. Richie seems unwilling to accept he failed to take responsibility of following forks like we do. He thinks its my job (all altcoin developers job) to alert exchanges about forks and also cover if any exchange has fork issue its losses no matter what. With same logic we can say Satoshi (bitcoin dev) should hardfork if  BTC has a fork problem. Because their "system" does not allow to fix it BTC, BTC market will be closed in that case. This is what they said to us logically.

And they seem do not want to change their system or accept our extra advertisement offer at all. And because they are leading exchange their rules we must accept. The truth is they not acted fast like we did. We as dev team acted and posted in this thread new Wallet and fix made what ever possible to kill the fork. We are not doing this for the first time.

This is not good way of approach the matter for something is out of our control. We dont know their wallet or whats in their exchange. We and many members were on true fork and still we are. Furthermore other exchanges seem totally out of communication. We better wait and see if they had same issue. If this bittrex only situation. Better we move on with other exchanges. If not we will listen community wishes on this.  

Fact is we released the solution.

And for the record

Thanks
richie@bittrex

sounds reasonable, it would be the best if supercoinDEV could respond to this so we have every necessary detail at hand to sort it out.
Pages:
Jump to: