Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC] - page 14. (Read 60625 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
exchange for this?

this coin is not scrypt-n right? there is a different algo to prevent asic?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
i realize this coin is not for investors but for miners. back to mining tips with mixer  Roll Eyes
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I realize you have been a bit busy, fixing the mac wallet and all.  I was wondering how long you were going to keep the windows wallet password protected?  It might help at this point if you took the password away. Just a thought but thats just me
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
for every rush to sell there needs to be buyers and they will realize the same thing, and not buy so much, feeding into a stagnant situation unless something changes.
Activity: 10
I see two cons of this coin:

1- So, I saw the payout is linear with difficulty. Current payout is 109 per block and difficulty is around 10.
So, even if difficulty goes to 1000 which I think takes more than 2 months, the payout will go to around 10,000 which is still very low considering the 250B coins. This will disappoint miners and they will move away and therefore difficulty will stuck and so will payout.

2- Since the payout increases with difficulty, people on exchange sites do not have enough motivation to buy and hold coins because they scare the price will drop because of incoming more coins. I can say the price will be reduced over time rather than increase.

Dev, could you comment on these ?

1 - The supply will meet the demand of the miners. Therefore, the price will not need to compensate, less volatility. 250 B coins is just a number. They plan to change it.

2 - You can say that SYN is equivalent to the amount of electricity used. This coin is much closer to dollar than any other speculative coin. Cryptocurrency was made to become a medium of an exchange of trades and services, rather than speculative investments. I think it is unfair to mine 1 SYN a day just because a lot of people are mining it. You get more coins based on the electricity and machines you have.

In my opinion, it is unique and close to dollar. Dollar depreciates in value every year but people still holds it. It did not scare you when you got your 1st pay check, did it?

for (1) I think it is better to change to to less value. or they can change the linear formula to much complex formula to calculate payout from difficulty. something that does not have linear relation with difficulty. may be a 1.5 power relation.

for (2) it is true that $ depreciates over time, and its why people do NOT hold it and convert to property, stock, crypto, gold, and etc. So, I believe people will not hold Syn and spend it very soon and that creates a rush to sell SYN over time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hello! Send me a message.

1- So, I saw the payout is linear with difficulty. Current payout is 109 per block and difficulty is around 10.
So, even if difficulty goes to 1000 which I think takes more than 2 months, the payout will go to around 10,000 which is still very low considering the 250B coins. This will disappoint miners and they will move away and therefore difficulty will stuck and so will payout.

2- Since the payout increases with difficulty, people on exchange sites do not have enough motivation to buy and hold coins because they scare the price will drop because of incoming more coins. I can say the price will be reduced over time rather than increase.

1 - The supply will meet the demand of the miners. Therefore, the price will not need to compensate, less volatility. 250 B coins is just a number. They plan to change it.

2 - You can say that SYN is equivalent to the amount of electricity used. This coin is much closer to dollar than any other speculative coin. Cryptocurrency was made to become a medium of an exchange of trades and services, rather than speculative investments. I think it is unfair to mine 1 SYN a day just because a lot of people are mining it. You get more coins based on the electricity and machines you have.

In my opinion, it is unique and close to dollar. Dollar depreciates in value every year but people still holds it. It did not scare you when you got your 1st pay check, did it?
Activity: 448
Hey guys!

Lazycoins.com is a new exchange launching soon. If you want to see SynCoin get listed there then make a new thread for the coin and upvote it on reddit.com/r/lazycoins or tweet the coin to @LazyCoins!

Cheers!

Activity: 10

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
@Dev. Wallet for mac will not run on Mac Os 10.9.1 Mavericks. I can try to compile myself if you can give me instructions. Thanks.

However, you can find mac build instructions here:
https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/Mac-OSX-Wallet-Build-Instructions

Tried but getting this error. src/db.h:15:10: fatal error: 'db_cxx.h' file not found  Huh

MAC OS WALLET PATCHED -- AGAIN! WORKING 100 PERCENT! REDOWNLOAD NOW

Works! Great dev support here!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
@Dev. Wallet for mac will not run on Mac Os 10.9.1 Mavericks. I can try to compile myself if you can give me instructions. Thanks.

Tried but getting this error. src/db.h:15:10: fatal error: 'db_cxx.h' file not found  Huh

MAC OS WALLET PATCHED -- AGAIN! WORKING 100 PERCENT! REDOWNLOAD NOW

Ahh, basically edit your syncoin-qt.pro file and comment out the "Windows" section at the top. Then qmake then make (with the respective arguments).
I'm really liking what this coin has to offer. It feels like it has professional production values, and a real possibility to stick out amongst the crowd. Sometimes new entries in the crypto economy can hit snags, and thats a given. The way everything's been handled with this coin thus far has been done in a fashion similar to how I would have managed things. Issues were addressed in a timely manner and were resolved quickly.

I don't have much, but im pushing my 800 h/hs towards this for a while. Lets push things forward!

SZC6bZE3e11UTXDSLqBVfZSzLy81NwnGFz

Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback.
EDIT: to the person above, I just got that from someone else. I'm running a debugger now.
Activity: 542
I'm really liking what this coin has to offer. It feels like it has professional production values, and a real possibility to stick out amongst the crowd. Sometimes new entries in the crypto economy can hit snags, and thats a given. The way everything's been handled with this coin thus far has been done in a fashion similar to how I would have managed things. Issues were addressed in a timely manner and were resolved quickly.

I don't have much, but im pushing my 800 h/hs towards this for a while. Lets push things forward!

SZC6bZE3e11UTXDSLqBVfZSzLy81NwnGFz

Activity: 35
Can you explain why the reward is 9.99 but there are 250 b coins???

The reward changes with difficulty. Higher diff = higher reward... and currently it's 109, not 9.99.

Oh alright, that will be pretty interesting when it goes onto an exchange and mb on the typo.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

The reward changes with difficulty. Higher diff = higher reward... and currently it's 109, not 9.99.
Activity: 35
UPDATE: MAC WALLET NOW WORKS
UPDATE/CRY FOR HELP: UPON ATTEMPTING MACDEPLOYQT:

ERROR: no file at "/opt/local/lib/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib"

At first, I simply made the dir and ran the deploy. Appeared to work, but test run failed.
So I Googled this, appears to be an unpatched QT bug. Anyone know how to resolve this? It's preventing the Mac wallets from working.

Just kidding, fixed now! Re-uploading.
UPDATE/CRY FOR HELP: UPON ATTEMPTING MACDEPLOYQT:

ERROR: no file at "/opt/local/lib/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib"

At first, I simply made the dir and ran the deploy. Appeared to work, but test run failed.
So I Googled this, appears to be an unpatched QT bug. Anyone know how to resolve this? It's preventing the Mac wallets from working.
Pages:
Jump to: