Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC] - page 13. (Read 60625 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What is the going rate for Syncoin?

I don't think it's going yet? Anyways, no idea... But indeed some indication would be nice.

It will have a price when it gets on an exchange. I was originally coding one, but I wasn't sure if anyone was interested. It's BTC<->SYN, and price was set at around 100 Satoshi. But that's not an official price, just an estimate.
I don't understand. Seems like it doesn't matter what's the difficulty, I will always get the same amount of coins per constant hashrate. Is this correct?

If you're mining with a pool, that's what is supposed to happen. Think about it. Higher difficulty = less blocks mined BUT with a higher block reward. So if you're mining in a pool it will even out.

But um the reward is increasing... you can check by going to the Debug Console and typing in getinfo. It will show the difficulty, which you can plugin to the formula to calculate reward. Or just go to my pool.

http://synco.in:33550 (it shows the reward for the next block)
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I just meant that I was curious about the value, lol. I'm not selling any time soon.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I would be willing to purchase some. If anyone is interested, send me a pm.

Thanks!

I don't think it's going yet? Anyways, no idea... But indeed some indication would be nice.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why is tx fee so high right now? Shouldn't it also be proportional to net hashrate or something like that?

Good suggestion! Will be added to to-do list for next update.

UPDATE: P2POOL CRASH HAS BEEN RESOLVED

syncoin,

There still is a bug in the file:
https://github.com/syncoin-project/syncoin/blob/master/p2pool_files/p2pool_networks.py

Under the syncoin entry it reads:
Code:
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS=''.split('24.51.213.165'),

And that should be:
Code:
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS='24.51.213.165'.split(' '),

Possibly with a few extra bootstrap addresses. Note the space in split(' ').
After that you can set PERSIST=True.
Activity: 109
I don't understand. Seems like it doesn't matter what's the difficulty, I will always get the same amount of coins per constant hashrate. Is this correct?
Hi guys,

I have received couple of votes for you guys on twitter so just dropping by to let you know that we will need at least 20 votes for us to consider adding SyCoin to our upcoming exchange lazycoins.com https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-lazycoins-crypto-currency-exchange-beta-launched-21st-july-2014-471779.

We are helping news coins and bring them to exchange right away. Follow us on and VOTE on twitter for announcements @lazycoins

Just followed you; we'll work on getting those votes. Is it just Twitter that matters?
What is the confirm time?  I'm sitting at 86% unconfirmed and confirmed hasn't budged from the 30's in forever.  248 unconfirmed.  On Validerror.

We experienced a pool crash earlier today; someone knocked off all other p2pool nodes Sad
Pool back online, will be renting a rig to help along the network this afternoon as well.
Why is tx fee so high right now? Shouldn't it also be proportional to net hashrate or something like that?

Good suggestion! Will be added to to-do list for next update.

UPDATE: P2POOL CRASH HAS BEEN RESOLVED
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hello! Send me a message.
Hi guys,

I have received couple of votes for you guys on twitter so just dropping by to let you know that we will need at least 20 votes for us to consider adding SyCoin to our upcoming exchange lazycoins.com https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-lazycoins-crypto-currency-exchange-beta-launched-21st-july-2014-471779.

We are helping news coins and bring them to exchange right away. Follow us on and VOTE on twitter for announcements @lazycoins

That would be great!.
Activity: 98
Hi guys,

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
What is the confirm time?  I'm sitting at 86% unconfirmed and confirmed hasn't budged from the 30's in forever.  248 unconfirmed.  On Validerror.
Activity: 82
I realize you have been a bit busy, fixing the mac wallet and all.  I was wondering how long you were going to keep the windows wallet password protected?  It might help at this point if you took the password away. Just a thought but thats just me

When I get back from Uni I'll remove the passwords for both wallets.

i realize this coin is not for investors but for miners. back to mining tips with mixer  Roll Eyes

Not sure what you mean by that...

exchange for this?

Looking into a few at the moment right now.

Hey guys!

Lazycoins.com is a new exchange launching soon. If you want to see SynCoin get listed there then make a new thread for the coin and upvote it on reddit.com/r/lazycoins or tweet the coin to @LazyCoins!

Cheers!

Will do, mate.

I see two cons of this coin:

1- So, I saw the payout is linear with difficulty. Current payout is 109 per block and difficulty is around 10.
So, even if difficulty goes to 1000 which I think takes more than 2 months, the payout will go to around 10,000 which is still very low considering the 250B coins. This will disappoint miners and they will move away and therefore difficulty will stuck and so will payout.

2- Since the payout increases with difficulty, people on exchange sites do not have enough motivation to buy and hold coins because they scare the price will drop because of incoming more coins. I can say the price will be reduced over time rather than increase.

Dev, could you comment on these ?

1) So the formula isn't 100 percent linear; it will still halve on a long-term schedule; additionally, you're not taking into account the block height (which is used in the formula).

[(10 * difficulty) / (number of blocks + 97200)] * 97200

So looking here, if the difficulty increases at a higher rate, it will lead to a non-linear curve.
The only way payout would be linear is if the number of blocks increases at a similar rate to difficulty. However, the block height has been increasing fairly slowly; difficulty has gone up 50,000 times since launch.

2) Holding coins would actually be more profitable; the reward doesn't just increase over time. The difficulty is a large motivator for miners; when there's too much hashpower being thrown at the coin, in order to prevent hyperscarcity the payout increases. I understand scarcity is needed for value to increase, but when difficulty drops, the payout will drop enough to create lesser supply. Overall this allows SYN to reach and maintain its equilibrium price.

hoho,we will see it.
but it doesn't need vertminer to mine it

Not until it reaches phase2. Also, vertminer will only work for a while; I'm developing a miner for our coin specifically. It'll be done around next week.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
but it doesn't need vertminer to mine it
exchange for this?

this coin is not scrypt-n right? there is a different algo to prevent asic?

Actually, it is. Starting in June. Read the OP, it mentions phase2.
I realize you have been a bit busy, fixing the mac wallet and all.  I was wondering how long you were going to keep the windows wallet password protected?  It might help at this point if you took the password away. Just a thought but thats just me

When I get back from Uni I'll remove the passwords for both wallets.

i realize this coin is not for investors but for miners. back to mining tips with mixer  Roll Eyes

Not sure what you mean by that...

exchange for this?

Looking into a few at the moment right now.

Hey guys!

Lazycoins.com is a new exchange launching soon. If you want to see SynCoin get listed there then make a new thread for the coin and upvote it on reddit.com/r/lazycoins or tweet the coin to @LazyCoins!

Cheers!

Will do, mate.

I see two cons of this coin:

1- So, I saw the payout is linear with difficulty. Current payout is 109 per block and difficulty is around 10.
So, even if difficulty goes to 1000 which I think takes more than 2 months, the payout will go to around 10,000 which is still very low considering the 250B coins. This will disappoint miners and they will move away and therefore difficulty will stuck and so will payout.

2- Since the payout increases with difficulty, people on exchange sites do not have enough motivation to buy and hold coins because they scare the price will drop because of incoming more coins. I can say the price will be reduced over time rather than increase.

Dev, could you comment on these ?

1) So the formula isn't 100 percent linear; it will still halve on a long-term schedule; additionally, you're not taking into account the block height (which is used in the formula).

[(10 * difficulty) / (number of blocks + 97200)] * 97200

So looking here, if the difficulty increases at a higher rate, it will lead to a non-linear curve.
The only way payout would be linear is if the number of blocks increases at a similar rate to difficulty. However, the block height has been increasing fairly slowly; difficulty has gone up 50,000 times since launch.

2) Holding coins would actually be more profitable; the reward doesn't just increase over time. The difficulty is a large motivator for miners; when there's too much hashpower being thrown at the coin, in order to prevent hyperscarcity the payout increases. I understand scarcity is needed for value to increase, but when difficulty drops, the payout will drop enough to create lesser supply. Overall this allows SYN to reach and maintain its equilibrium price.
Pages:
Jump to: