Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry! - page 52. (Read 93024 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0
The Music Industry Explained For Bitcoiners

There's a science to making a hit record. It's not just how good you play, but how your album is promoted.  Those promotions are what generate record sales or streams, which translates into ticket sales for live performances, which translate into profits through royalty splits.

Traditionally these operations have been obscured through proprietary practices which is what has created the massive corruption which with the music industry has been plagued for the last 80 years.  Royalty splits are derived as a contractual obligation created as a function of credits to a given piece of work.  Billions of dollars a year are spent by Performer's Rights Organizations, or PROs, like ASCAP and BMI and SOCAN to make sure that everyone is playing by the rules.  As a side note, credits to a given work are collated by companies like Gracenote and EchoNest and the information that pops up when you play a song is called "metadata".

PROs and metadata providers stand the greatest prospect of disruption within a blockchain-powered music economy for reasons which should be obvious to a Bitcoin-savvy audience.  Tao works by creating a cryptographic identity for each artist which is then assigned to a particular role in the production of a work, be it as songwriter, singer, musician, engineer, producer, etc.  Each of those individuals is entitled to a contractual royalty split.  Payments are made directly to the cryptographic identity.  The consumer also has a cryptographic identity which "unlocks" their "music wallet", or what we're calling their Tao Music Vault.  When one purchases a piece of content, the proof of purchase will be executed as a Bitcoin transaction through Tao network smart contract oracles.  This proof of purchase is then cryptographically linked to the identity of the consumer who purchased the work on one end, and the artists that created the work on the opposite end.

When one purchases music on iTunes and then streams that music on Spotify or Pandora, Spotify and Pandora must pay a royalty for music you already own.  With verification against the Tao Network, those services no longer need to pay two, three, or four times over for music the consumer has already purchased, simply by allowing the consumer to provide their Tao Network ID.

Certain things such as ticket sales also generate royalties.  The ability to create subchains on the Tao blockchain allow for the purchase of tickets within this system so that royalty splits are accounted for accurately.  Any up and coming band will tell you that one of the hardest things to find is someone you trust to watch the door, now imagine that on the scale of a Top 40 artist.  Tao can be set to limit ticket sales on a per-block basis, which eliminates the automated buying that drives up ticket prices and powers the scalping markets.  As blocks are limited to a certain number of transactions every 7.5 minutes, only a certain number of tickets could possibly be sold during that time.  The application of organicly generated block times solves the abuse within the ticketing industry at the same time it resolves the trust involved in those royalty splits.

Tao Records is a company that has been formed to produce records from artists that onboard content to the Tao network.  We have an artist already in the studio in production and a tour is being planned.  We have two more artists in the pipeline, all before the technology is built.  Our partnership with Boogie Shack Music Group is what makes this possible.  

Tao Records will get a royalty payment as a result of a shared Executive Producer credit on these albums.  20% of each royalty payment will be automated to purchase TAO tokens from the market.  Those tokens will be staked at the network rate of 4% and the proceeds will be re-invested into the production of new artists.

The Tao Network will be 100% open source and completely transparent.  It will allow music artists from all over the world the ability to onboard their content into a system which has already proved to be profitable before a single line of code was written.  Selected artists will be brought into the mainstreaming pipeline through Tao Records.  They will then be groomed and their story told by Boogie Shack Music Group.

Beyond royalties... beyond the ability to keep your music forever... you can be the next rockstar.

In the coming weeks we will be describing how this system works as we release the code that enables it.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Smiley   seen that the TAO has hit the yobit markets.. what price would you recommend a buy in at...

always been a fan of the Bryce...    dev'od that so many people give him beef...     he's always spot on with his internet streams.... & his ideas are always well construed.....   fuck the haters man....... keep on doing what your doing....   with loVe from liverpool...:}     Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Yes I see TAO in Yobit, and there is also in c-cex. Can anyone can clarify if they  are the same coin? I am confused because TAO in c-cex has no forum link.
I was diverted here from TAO forum link in Yobit bye the way.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
love life...
 Smiley   seen that the TAO has hit the yobit markets.. what price would you recommend a buy in at...

always been a fan of the Bryce...    dev'od that so many people give him beef...     he's always spot on with his internet streams.... & his ideas are always well construed.....   fuck the haters man....... keep on doing what your doing....   with loVe from liverpool...:}     Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Activity: 629
Merit: 500
can confirm that network is smooth, staking is working great.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I didn't get here alone. Fellow $TAO developer Justin Valo who incidentally is the talented developer behind Verge currency has managed to successfully track down the fake "bryceweiner" account.

My favorite troll lives in Brazil. Hi Nelson. Smiley

So if you've been following me for a while you now see why I take no shit from anyone in Bitcoin.

Someone is mad they clicked a honeypot link.

Next time you decide to troll, don't ask for VPN help first.

This thread is still delicious.  Couldn't ask for anything more from a Brycelaunch.
I didn't get here alone. Fellow $TAO developer Justin Valo who incidentally is the talented developer behind Verge currency has managed to successfully track down the fake "bryceweiner" account.

So if you've been following me for a while you now see why I take no shit from anyone in Bitcoin.

Someone is mad they clicked a honeypot link.

Next time you decide to troll, don't ask for VPN help first.
Activity: 15

Activity: 629
Is the token on any exchange yet? if yes, which of the exchanges
YoBit.

I can't send TAOs from my Windows wallet. Pressing Send and nothing happens. No record in transactions. How do you send coins to Yobit, guys?
Please make sure you have the correct version.

I'd advise joining the slack channel for technical help.

https://tao11.typeform.com/to/ws8MgM
Thanks for reply. I'm using 0.9.2.1 version. It's listed as a current one. I can't join Slack for some reason. That link on the web site doesn't send me an email to my Outlook account. Spam folder is checked of course. Any advice?

i see you made it to the slack afterall =]
Activity: 196
YoBit.

I can't send TAOs from my Windows wallet. Pressing Send and nothing happens. No record in transactions. How do you send coins to Yobit, guys?

Thanks for reply. I'm using 0.9.2.1 version. It's listed as a current one. I can't join Slack for some reason. That link on the web site doesn't send me an email to my Outlook account. Spam folder is checked of course. Any advice?
Activity: 14
dawgs, watch out for 'bryceweiner' links, dat crackah be phishing with malwarez yo. I clicked dat shiz on my chrome iphone 7, now it has aids, for real dawgs. My boo swiped to unlock, now she has aids. I didnt even know that could happen, shit's bananas

YoBit.

Activity: 868
My trolls are so awesome you wouldn't believe it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565987333474636&set=ecnf.100001901244724&type=3&theater

Dude is badass, but mom makes him take the bandana off before he gets in the minivan.
Activity: 196
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
... is ico site closed? i haven't received my bounty for translation....

All stakeholders in the music economy are invited to participate in the ongoing development of the $TAO network.

A classic
Activity: 15

All stakeholders in the music economy are invited to participate in the ongoing development of the $TAO network.
Activity: 14

Dawg, read back, bounty payouts cancelled. ICO didnt raise enough chedda and ran dry. The bros livin on the streets now, but still committed to revolutionizing the music industry. dont hate.

https://twitter.com/DanDarkPill/status/776397735125618691
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Oof, another Weinercoin... Will be tough to invest given past track record of abandoning projects when setbacks were encountered.

Thanks for bringing this up!

I've been involved in this industry for a few years now and my work as perceived on these forums rarely matches reality.

What I can say beyond a doubt that every single project I have ever engaged in has been a free, open launch.  Further, those efforts were engaged either as a paid contract, a startup, or implementing another's vision.

This is the first project that is truly my own and I appreciate the opportunity to clear that up on these forums as I've mentioned it repeatedly in interviews and appearances.

As usual, pure bullshit from the bullshit master (pretty sure you've actually called yourself that).

"Further, those efforts were engaged either as a paid contract, a startup, or implementing another's vision." < Bullshit, unless you're a liar. Amkoin, Petro$, Dirac. Those are the three I can think of off the top of my head that YOU claimed were YOURS. I think there might have been more (there were certainly more failures) but if you want to consider them someone else's (perhaps a different personality of yours?), ok I'm sure people will believe that.

"This is the first project that is truly my own..." <<< Also pure bullshit, fucking 2 posts up the guy says you're like 1/7th of the team.

Finally, who the fuck is ron (taoRON), there's no Ron on the team least. Oh, and not to mention the lawyer's a damn divorce/family attorney https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/46032-in-angela-swenson-1267145.html#! Not sure what you're prepared for there if she's on retainer.

Activity: 154
Activity: 5
I just filed a patent for $TAO networks to be merge mined with and traded against $XDQ.  Some people cut off their nose to spite their face.

I'm not here to take money from poor people.

Quite the opposite.

I'm going to take money from rich people.  Poor people money is worthless and destructive.

With $TAO distribution set to begin, the fun really starts when it hits exchanges. Smiley

Adults are talking. Be quiet.
Pages:
Jump to: