Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TES] ϟ The Tesla ϟ Decentralize the Energy System ϟ TeslaStarter - page 41. (Read 84571 times)

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
Looks like we are seeing last time teslacoin this cheap. Once we hit few million market cap there's no going back.

Totally agree. Accumulation is continuing, price is rising steadily and volume grows, looks like we're in for some big, big, big changes. I sold a bunch of my staked coins but now I'm holding like a MF !!!!

Activity: 1193

People say step by step guide I wrote worked on mac too. So maybe you can try again. Just make sure back up your wallet.dat
[/quote]

Do you have a direct link to the step by step guide for mac with screenshots? I want to make sure I'm putting the right files in the right folders.
All I've seen so far were instructions for PC/Windows

Thank you in advanced!

-Ryu
[/quote]

For mac it is the exact same step by step. The only difference is where and how to find the folder you can see in the Windows tutorial. To do so, open finder and press: cmd shift and G at the same time (the three keys together). It will open what is called the "library" on mac. from there you should your way through user, application, then find the useful folder called "application support". In this folder you'll find a folder called Teslacoin-Qt, inside this folder are all the same files as in windows.

Then it's easy as you just need to set your wallet.dat aside and just follow the instructions, it's drag and drop level.

I hope it helps!
Activity: 448
Merit: 253
What is the future growth of the coin?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

[/quote]

People say step by step guide I wrote worked on mac too. So maybe you can try again. Just make sure back up your wallet.dat
[/quote]

Do you have a direct link to the step by step guide for mac with screenshots? I want to make sure I'm putting the right files in the right folders.
All I've seen so far were instructions for PC/Windows

Thank you in advanced!

-Ryu
Activity: 728
Looks like we are seeing last time teslacoin this cheap. Once we hit few million market cap there's no going back.
Yep, something is still missing. I clicked on debug and see zero connections and zero blocks. :-(

I think there may be some major differences with the instructions for the PC wallet vs. that for the Mac wallet. The file/folder structure is not the same.

Yep, something is still missing. I clicked on debug and see zero connections and zero blocks. :-(

I think there may be some major differences with the instructions for the PC wallet vs. that for the Mac wallet. The file/folder structure is not the same.

Checked your address. Your address has already received the teslas. Please use this conf file to sync. Place this conf in your teslacoin folder and start the wallet. Your teslas will appear on your wallet after downloading    1279588 blocks.

https://ufile.io/deskj

Thanks! I just tried this and reopened the wallet and it still says "Out of sync"... is there anyway to know if it's actually syncing. There's no status or indicator showing if it's syncing or not. I guess I just leave the wallet open for a while and see if it syncs. btw, I was hoping Teslacoin had potential, but this is kind of a bad user experience for Teslacoin. I've never had this much trouble with any other cryptocurrency. Usually I just download the wallet, open it and it starts syncing automatically... there should be no need to go through all these extra steps and hurdles with downloading files, etc. Do you know what it's this way and is there any plans to make it more user friendly so the average (non-techie) person could use it?
[/quote]

I do believe dev team is working hard to solve the block and wallet problems. Go to help and click debug. It will show which blocks being downloaded.

Checked your address. Your address has already received the teslas. Please use this conf file to sync. Place this conf in your teslacoin folder and start the wallet. Your teslas will appear on your wallet after downloading    1279588 blocks.

[/quote]

Thanks! I just tried this and reopened the wallet and it still says "Out of sync"... is there anyway to know if it's actually syncing. There's no status or indicator showing if it's syncing or not. I guess I just leave the wallet open for a while and see if it syncs. btw, I was hoping Teslacoin had potential, but this is kind of a bad user experience for Teslacoin. I've never had this much trouble with any other cryptocurrency. Usually I just download the wallet, open it and it starts syncing automatically... there should be no need to go through all these extra steps and hurdles with downloading files, etc. Do you know what it's this way and is there any plans to make it more user friendly so the average (non-techie) person could use it?
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
If I want to accept Teslacoin payments on my website, what is the best way?

Is there any payment button code for this coin?

maybe try to run this with TES https://github.com/cryptoapi/Payment-Gateway

Looks like it will take some custom programming and the API deal to make it compatible with Teslacoin. That's more than I'm able to do on my own so there needs to be some user friendly plugin that is for Teslacoin.

I could just post an address for people to send payment for whatever amount and I'd have to manually verify each transaction. That would work unless there is a significant number of transactions.

My book/video catalog of Tesla and related sciences downloadable digital books/videos is what I want to start taking Teslacoin payments for - any suggestions from anyone here? Catalog is here: http://emediapress.com

i didn´t try it before.
an other easy way you can list it at cryptopia in the marketplace for tesacoin
The Teslacoin QT file folder on a Mac is only accessible by clicking on the TeslaCoin-Qt.app and clickong on "Show Package Contents" and then I see a folder labeled "Contents" which is where I pasted in the bootstrap files which only consisted of 2 folders (database and txleveldb) plus 1 file labled blk0001.dat.

It now looks like this...

Is that right? I restarted the TeslaCoin QT and it still doesn't do anything and doesn't start syncing.

Ugh, I feel really stupid here, am I missing something?

The Teslacoin QT file folder on a Mac is only accessible by clicking on the TeslaCoin-Qt.app and clickong on "Show Package Contents" and then I see a folder labeled "Contents" which is where I pasted in the bootstrap files which only consisted of 2 folders (database and txleveldb) plus 1 file labled blk0001.dat.

It now looks like this...

https://i.imgur.com/gWQB7LX.png

Is that right? I restarted the TeslaCoin QT and it still doesn't do anything and doesn't start syncing.

Ugh, I feel really stupid here, am I missing something?

That's latest wallet. After starting your wallet you should go to teslacoin folder. I attached photo that shows your teslacoin folder. Your folder option should be show hidden files and folders.

Download bootstrap from here:

https://mega.nz/#!cPgjEJxB!LQ2G39j4X6AEuVXD7HjOvpt1ty7JVDR5E4ppYBBoJWM

After downloading bootstrap replace the files in teslacoin folder except wallet.dat.  Make sure backup your wallet and copy paste your wallet.dat somewhere before replacing the files in teslacoin folder.

http://i64.tinypic.com/16ghnhx.jpg

What's your wallet address?
[/quote]

I have a Mac so I can't follow the screenshot for the file folder you referenced above. Any idea where the teslacoin file folder exists on a Mac?

Thsi is my address : 5RkMHZxi6CrpsEjXbyArxk9wbc4WAirwfz
All coins getting beat up but teslacoin holding steady. It's surprising.
Anyone know how to get the Mac wallet to work? I downloaded it, encrypted it, but it still says in red "out of sync" - I sent some TES from cryptopia to this wallet and it says the transaction went through, but does not appear on the Teslacoin explorer or in my desktop wallet. Not sure what I'm missing here.

This is what I did after downloading new wallet qt.

1. Back up your wallet. Copy paste your current wallet.dat somewhere.
2. Run new Teslacoin QT and close it.
3. Unzip bootstrap and replace the file on Teslacoin folder.
4. Copy paste your old wallet.dat in Teslacoin folder.
5. Run Teslacoin qt again and do this

How to recover your TES
from an old wallet

First, welcome back to TES Wink

Second, in your wallet, get into the console
(Help > Debug window)

2) Type in:

a) checkwallet
(identifies misspent coins)

then

b) repairwallet
(rectifies the error)

And it should be ok now! Smiley

6. If there's no connection use conf file I uploaded.

7. Wait for few hours to sync.

8. Be patient Smiley

This is confusing to me. I opened Teslacoin QT wallet (version 3.2.0.0) and backed up my wallet.dat file, but it's empty because this is a brand new install of the wallet and my first time using it. I've already sent some TES to this wallet address from Cryptopia, but it's showing "Out of sync" in red text and I don't know how to get it to start syncing with the Teslacoin network.

Also, what do you mean in step 2 "Run new Teslacoin QT and close it". Is there a newer version than 3.2.0.0 or am I simply shutting down the existing one and reopening it?

In step 3, what is bootstrap and where do I download this? The only bootstrap I know about is the one at www.getbootstrap.com - Is this what you're referring to? If so what do you mean by "replace the file on Teslacoin folder"... what file am I replacing with what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Ryu

That's latest wallet. After starting your wallet you should go to teslacoin folder. I attached photo that shows your teslacoin folder. Your folder option should be show hidden files and folders.

Download bootstrap from here:

https://mega.nz/#!cPgjEJxB!LQ2G39j4X6AEuVXD7HjOvpt1ty7JVDR5E4ppYBBoJWM

After downloading bootstrap replace the files in teslacoin folder except wallet.dat.  Make sure backup your wallet and copy paste your wallet.dat somewhere before replacing the files in teslacoin folder.

What's your wallet address?
Anyone know how to get the Mac wallet to work? I downloaded it, encrypted it, but it still says in red "out of sync" - I sent some TES from cryptopia to this wallet and it says the transaction went through, but does not appear on the Teslacoin explorer or in my desktop wallet. Not sure what I'm missing here.

This is what I did after downloading new wallet qt.

1. Back up your wallet. Copy paste your current wallet.dat somewhere.
2. Run new Teslacoin QT and close it.
3. Unzip bootstrap and replace the file on Teslacoin folder.
4. Copy paste your old wallet.dat in Teslacoin folder.
5. Run Teslacoin qt again and do this

How to recover your TES
from an old wallet

First, welcome back to TES Wink

Second, in your wallet, get into the console
(Help > Debug window)

2) Type in:

a) checkwallet
(identifies misspent coins)

then

b) repairwallet
(rectifies the error)

And it should be ok now! Smiley

6. If there's no connection use conf file I uploaded.

7. Wait for few hours to sync.

8. Be patient Smiley

This is confusing to me. I opened Teslacoin QT wallet (version 3.2.0.0) and backed up my wallet.dat file, but it's empty because this is a brand new install of the wallet and my first time using it. I've already sent some TES to this wallet address from Cryptopia, but it's showing "Out of sync" in red text and I don't know how to get it to start syncing with the Teslacoin network.

Also, what do you mean in step 2 "Run new Teslacoin QT and close it". Is there a newer version than 3.2.0.0 or am I simply shutting down the existing one and reopening it?

In step 3, what is bootstrap and where do I download this? The only bootstrap I know about is the one at www.getbootstrap.com - Is this what you're referring to? If so what do you mean by "replace the file on Teslacoin folder"... what file am I replacing with what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Ryu
Activity: 20

Looks like it will take some custom programming and the API deal to make it compatible with Teslacoin. That's more than I'm able to do on my own so there needs to be some user friendly plugin that is for Teslacoin.

I could just post an address for people to send payment for whatever amount and I'd have to manually verify each transaction. That would work unless there is a significant number of transactions.

My book/video catalog of Tesla and related sciences downloadable digital books/videos is what I want to start taking Teslacoin payments for - any suggestions from anyone here? Catalog is here: http://emediapress.com
Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Activity: 20

How can I start staking? Haven't done that before.

Once your wallet is synced, click on the "unlock wallet" button and input your passphrase. Once unlocked your wallet will start staking automatically and you'll see your balance transfered to the "staking" section. Then, the coins generated need to mature, basically to be confirmed.

Did that, there is no visual hint that anything changed. How long before any balance moves to Stake:... section? And then how long before it matures?

Also is there a command I can run, to verify it is actively staking?

Usually I stake 100 teslas everyday. I don't know why it's around 100.
Pages:
Jump to: