Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 119. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
4. I am considering adding a "conservative" multiport that will only switch between NVC, LTC, FTC, MNC and possibly CGB.  Would like to hear opinions on this.

I agree with murraypaul in that a small hashrate multiport might have more demand.  I see a lot more people asking to have LTC and NVC taken off multi than I do for them to get more time on it.  Time spent on LTC and NVC is usually time wasted for me as the payout is miniscule.

We've actually done really well on NVC and LTC lately.  NVC block time when the multiport is on is about the same as FTC.
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
"Raven's Cry"
DOS today or low resources?  having slow connection/refresh issues with website and timeouts on pools.

consider killing getwork protocol?

something is wrong with multipass(pool) today
Activity: 448
congrats on the sha multiport flound!  Lots of demand for it! (from what I've seen)
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
4. I am considering adding a "conservative" multiport that will only switch between NVC, LTC, FTC, MNC and possibly CGB.  Would like to hear opinions on this.

I agree with murraypaul in that a small hashrate multiport might have more demand.  I see a lot more people asking to have LTC and NVC taken off multi than I do for them to get more time on it.  Time spent on LTC and NVC is usually time wasted for me as the payout is miniscule.

8. The header will be changed to only show the top 5 coins of each algorithm (SHA256 and Scrypt) and will be sorted by profitability.

I also vote to change it back and have all coins displayed on home page.

And lastly, I'm leaning toward scrapping plans for BTC autoexchange at this point, due mainly to the reliability issues that Cryptsy has been experiencing lately.  Half of my auto-sell transactions wind up not selling...

I am having the same experience with cryptsy autosell.

Will you have the function to auto convert all Alts to Bitcoin or Litecoin in the future?

You're kind of lazy aren't you?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
DOS today or low resources?  having slow connection/refresh issues with website and timeouts on pools.

consider killing getwork protocol?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Will you have the function to auto convert all Alts to Bitcoin or Litecoin in the future?
Activity: 476
4. I am considering adding a "conservative" multiport that will only switch between NVC, LTC, FTC, MNC and possibly CGB.  Would like to hear opinions on this.

I think there might be more use for the inverse, a pool that exclues LTC, NVC and FTC.
Either that, or adjust the minimum transfer amounts so that the higher valued coins can be transferred out in units of less than 1 coin.
Otherwise, for low-hashrate miners, time spend mining slow coins is almost wasted, as it takes so long to build up a transferrable stake that the market will have completely changed by then, and you always end up with 'trapped' coins that can't be transferred out.
I've stopped using the multipool because of this, and just occasionally switch between MEC and CAP, as coins that are always reasonably profitable.
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
flound1129,

I don't think ANC is a good coin for multipool - It has dynamic difficulty adjustment every block, so multipool will mine it for 5 minutes max, which will make the difficulty jump so high, so it won't be profitable for a long time to mine. It is more trouble than it is worth mining at multipool.

I like other changes though. Still missing the full list of coins listed under "My Stats" page and I would rather see it as part of the homepage instead of "My Stats" page.

Please consider BTE and ASC SHA256 coins - they would be fine for multipool to switch in and out of.

Activity: 134
Flound. Not a fan of the new "top 5" format.  If you dedicate mine a coin like I do, if it's not in the top 5 you can't see if it's doing Ok or if it's tanking....
www.multipool.us
SHA-256 Multiport is up and running.
Activity: 34
hey!
don't make fun of my two little asic guys, they're on fire! ...no, really, I need to get a fan for them Tongue 
www.multipool.us
I'm throwing my 3gigahash at the BTC pool at least till you get the multiport working. I saw you didn't exactly have a lot of hash rate on there testing it. Its not much, but its more than 50mhash, lol.

works for me!
Activity: 55
I'm throwing my 3gigahash at the BTC pool at least till you get the multiport working. I saw you didn't exactly have a lot of hash rate on there testing it. Its not much, but its more than 50mhash, lol.
www.multipool.us
So just a brief update on some changes I've recently made/am working on for the site.

1. Redundant EU servers should be online sometime in the next couple days.  This should roughly double existing EU capacity.
2. I've added a dedicated EU coin daemon server for the non-PoS (12 out of 15) coins which has dramatically lowered stales for those coins.
3. Rather than add another server to the US pool, making it 4, I am going to split the US pool into East and West coast pools with 2 servers each.  pool1.us will load balance between all 4 pools, west.us will load balance between 2-3 San Francisco servers, and east.us will balance between 2 new NYC servers.
4. I am considering adding a "conservative" multiport that will only switch between NVC, LTC, FTC, MNC and possibly CGB.  Would like to hear opinions on this.
5. I've also added dedicated coin daemon servers for the US pools, also for the non-PoS coins.
6. The PoS coins require a bit of extra work to add to the dedicated pool daemon servers.
7. ANC and Craftcoin will be added shortly.
8. The header will be changed to only show the top 5 coins of each algorithm (SHA256 and Scrypt) and will be sorted by profitability.  A new default "My Stats" page will be added that has the full list of coins, balances, user hashrates, etc.
9. I'm still planning to add idle worker notifications, but it's low priority atm.
10. I've added a monitoring system (mentioned in a earlier reply) that notifies me by email automatically if any pool or webserver is having issues.  This really should have been done long ago, but I've finally gotten to it and it's definitely helped me resolve some issues more quickly in the past few days than I would have.
11. The SHA-256 multiport is almost complete, I would like to add at least 2 more coins for it.  I would like to add FRC but I'm wondering how the demurrage will work with coins left on the pool.  If anyone has experience with this please let me know.

And lastly, I'm leaning toward scrapping plans for BTC autoexchange at this point, due mainly to the reliability issues that Cryptsy has been experiencing lately.  Half of my auto-sell transactions wind up not selling, and after reading Middlecoin and Hashcows threads, I honestly just do not have the 2-3 hours a day that I'm thinking it would take to resolve all of the issues there would be.
www.multipool.us
I'm very excited to see the new SHA256 Pool, but I think that the auto-paymen minimmum threshold for Bitcoins should less than 1 BTC. Now I'm not able to set less than 1 BTC.
Also letting LTC and NVC minimmum auto-payments be less than 1 could be great too.

Thanks!

I will most likely set the minimum withdraw for BTC at 0.1 or maybe even lower.  It's moot until we find a block anyway Smiley
Activity: 137
I'm very excited to see the new SHA256 Pool, but I think that the auto-paymen minimmum threshold for Bitcoins should less than 1 BTC. Now I'm not able to set less than 1 BTC.
Also letting LTC and NVC minimmum auto-payments be less than 1 could be great too.

Thanks!

Yikes, yep that's a bit high for the lower Gh miners.  :/
Activity: 9

Thanks!
www.multipool.us
BTC pool is up on 3332.
www.multipool.us
I see that there is a bitcoin pool now and people are mining on it. Whats the server address?

Nobody's mining on it atm, there are some shares in the db from when I was testing last night, that's all.  The BTC pool and the sha-256 asic multiport will be launching soon.
Activity: 55
I see that there is a bitcoin pool now and people are mining on it. Whats the server address?
Jump to: