Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 114. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!
With the constant rise in difficulty of Bitcoin, I would lean more towards .01 as it will only get harder to get .1 over the next while.. 20Percent diff increase is common.  I would assume it will only get higher so think about that maybe when you make your decision.

Smiley

Ya same type of question.. what will be the minimum auto payout amount for BTC?  It surely can't be 1BTC..lol  Might want to make a page or state it on account page what minimum auto payouts for all coins are.  Thank you!

Smiley

It won't be 1 BTC, I haven't decided yet whether it will be .1 or .01.  I'm leaning toward .1.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
If there could be sha256 merged mining on multipool that would be awesome. Get some ixcoins and namecoins for free on top of btc.

Set my bitfury 2.5gh/s miners to 32 diff, seems to work ok.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Flound, is there some way we can see txid's for payouts?  Cryptsy is having frequent issues with deposits and vern needs the txid's on support tickets.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
I assume you're working on it / it's on the to-do list, Flound, but could we get a stats page for the sha multiport? I have a few Ghash I could switch over, but every time I look BTC is most profitable, so I'm curious how much time is actually getting spent on the other two sha coins by multiport.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
With the recent update to the main page to show top 5 coins, if I'm mining a coin directly that doesn't show in the top 5 at the moment, how do I tell what my unconfirmed earnings are for that coin?

Thanks.

JR

You can acces the stats page here: https://www.multipool.us/stats.php . Flound should do a button to it on the multipool bar.

Nice. Thanks.

The "Pool Stats" link goes there now by default.  To get to a specific coin you need to use the currency selector.
www.multipool.us
Not sure yet what to think of btc mining at multipool if we keep switching to other coins before ever finding a first block.

Even at 10 TH we'd still only find about one block per day.  Variance will be high until we reach the neighborhood of 100 TH. (or the equivalent at future difficulties)

There is a small loss of efficiency from switching (about 1% over 10 minutes).  For both coins that we switch to (TRC and ZET) we're normally on them for way more than 10 minutes, and since the profitability needs to be more than 1% higher to even consider switching, it more than makes up for the small loss in efficiency.

There's also a very minute chance that a block could be found just as we switch (far less than 1%).

The proportional payout system ensures that all shares will be paid when a block is finally found, so really the risk/reward of switching should be obvious..  If we didn't switch we wouldn't be Multipool.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Not sure yet what to think of btc mining at multipool if we keep switching to other coins before ever finding a first block.
Activity: 128
...The Shadow knows.
Maybe we could get ASICcoin added to the group?  Cheesy
(unless it's algor. isn't like BTC; in which case..nuts)

Both it and ZET seem to be doing better than BTC in terms of profitability.

And thanks for creating a pool that doesn't leave me guess which is the best coin to throw my hash at Tongue
Activity: 147
With the recent update to the main page to show top 5 coins, if I'm mining a coin directly that doesn't show in the top 5 at the moment, how do I tell what my unconfirmed earnings are for that coin?

Thanks.

JR

You can acces the stats page here: https://www.multipool.us/stats.php . Flound should do a button to it on the multipool bar.

Nice. Thanks.
Activity: 33

Thanks.

JR

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I cannot get a hash rate per minute to display using my block erupters. What difficulty should I be set at I have tried several with no change. I am hashing at 12+gh/s
[edit new content]

I am also getting aroud 50% hardware errors while mining in this pool. I dont see anything over 1% anywhere else.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
I still cannot mine on eu pool. Either I cant connect or I get stratum disconnect after few secs or just all my cards perform at 600 instead of 700 Mhash. Me an eu pool dont get along Wink

Anyway now US pool is starting to report strange things aswell. Like spamming pool diff change between 64 and 512 8 times in a row or something like:

Json argument invalid, auth failed, null, (while this happen i get getwork failure but happily miner resumes normally.)

The pool shouldn't have anything to do with the hashrate reported by your miner (or are you talking about the hashrate reported by the pool?)

What is the exact URL you're using to connect?

My exact command line:
"--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u fredeq.1 -p 123 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.eu.multipool.us:7777 -u fredeq.1 -p 123 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 -v 1 -g 2"

I have changed US server to have highest priority cause of the problems. After you added few servers to eu lately I switched(to check if its ok on eu), mined for a couple of hours without problems, then some long restarts, then my miner reported 1,8 instead of 2,1Mhash + my earnings dropped from ~0,035 to ~0,021BTC.

I agree that pool should not affect cgminer results but middlecoin was able to hang my whole pc once a day. Issues stopped when I switched to multipool. So there is definately something with those merged pools that can affect client computers. Let me add that I can mine any single EU pool without problems.
Activity: 147

Thanks.

JR
www.multipool.us
I still cannot mine on eu pool. Either I cant connect or I get stratum disconnect after few secs or just all my cards perform at 600 instead of 700 Mhash. Me an eu pool dont get along Wink

Anyway now US pool is starting to report strange things aswell. Like spamming pool diff change between 64 and 512 8 times in a row or something like:

Json argument invalid, auth failed, null, (while this happen i get getwork failure but happily miner resumes normally.)

The pool shouldn't have anything to do with the hashrate reported by your miner (or are you talking about the hashrate reported by the pool?)

What is the exact URL you're using to connect?
www.multipool.us

The strange auth stuff should be fixed tonight.  It's a bug I introduced recently.  It's fixed in one of the branches of stratum, I just need to merge it into the other two.

The reason you see diff changing between 512 and is because I had to set the pool defaults to 512 to avoid lots of "share is above target" errors with the custom diff code when some miners connect.  If I set the default diff to 1 or don't set a difficulty, some miners will simply begin mining with that difficulty (1 or 0) and then they'll queue a shitload of invalid shares.  After the selected diff is set by the pool, they try to submit those shares and all are rejected.
www.multipool.us
Ya same type of question.. what will be the minimum auto payout amount for BTC?  It surely can't be 1BTC..lol  Might want to make a page or state it on account page what minimum auto payouts for all coins are.  Thank you!

Smiley

It won't be 1 BTC, I haven't decided yet whether it will be .1 or .01.  I'm leaning toward .1.
www.multipool.us
Does someone have an idea to which diff I should set my 2x 2.5GH miners? Does the diff setting work on the EU Asic Mpool?

You want to be submitting a share every 3-5 seconds, use whatever gives you that.  8 or 16 should probably work well.
Activity: 206
http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

Smiley
Activity: 34
Is there a list of minimum transaction amounts to avoid transaction fees?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Does someone have an idea to which diff I should set my 2x 2.5GH miners? Does the diff setting work on the EU Asic Mpool?
Are those the new BitFury 2.5 GHps miners?
I don't have one but what I'd do is start at 1 and see how it runs. Then try, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and see when rejects start appearing. Back up and use that diff.

To know if diff is working change the diff in your Account/Manage Workers and update that worker. You have to restart cgminer for it to take effect. It'll tell you the pool, username and diff you log in with at the top of cgminer.

Please let us know what you find.
Jump to: