Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TOKEN] DAV - Decentralized Autonomous Vehicles. Presale Early 2018 - page 60. (Read 15060 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
So each vehicle will have to have a blockchain installed in them?

Not necessarily, although this is perfectly achievable with current technology

Can you elaborate a bit? Bitcoin's blockchain is 120 GB

Yes, 1TB+ hard drives are cheap, SSD storage is getting cheaper and we already have cars with full, pretty sizeable computers onboard (ex: Tesla), so it is perfectly achievable to have a car connected via 4G, downloading blockchain information. Not saying this will be required, just saying it is possible.

Please tell me, which data will be written in blockchain? Because maybe there's no point in writing everything in it

Blocks

Will KYC going to be needed,and if yes,who are you going to use?

KYC is required, but no further details on this for now.

Isnt DAV just the system that connects those who offer servicesmand those who needs them?Or thing is more complicated and i missunderstood whole thing?

Yes, that is correct and that's a good way to describe DAV in a nutshell.

This DAV sounds very futuristic and interesting,but i dont think there are autonomous vehicles yet.So when you expect this to happen then?

There are autonomous vehicles on the road as we speak, with different levels of automation.
easy to hope the project is a success and get satisfactory results, the project has an interesting idea. success is always to the fore his interesting project.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
Big news! John Frazer, the former External Relations Lead for the Ethereum Foundation has joined DAV Foundation as the Chief Communications Officer. You can see more about it here:

https://medium.com/davnetwork/former-ethereum-executive-joins-the-dav-foundation-2c40725bef73
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
Keep up with the latest on the DAV blog https://medium.com/davnetwork
Activity: 210
For live discussions and support, hop into our Telegram group: https://t.me/DAVNetwork
Merit: 2
DAV Aims to create an open ecosystem of users, autonomous vehicles and service providers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiQT-TDtoYA
Activity: 1330

Yes, 1TB+ hard drives are cheap, SSD storage is getting cheaper and we already have cars with full, pretty sizeable computers onboard (ex: Tesla), so it is perfectly achievable to have a car connected via 4G, downloading blockchain information. Not saying this will be required, just saying it is possible.

Please tell me, which data will be written in blockchain? Because maybe there's no point in writing everything in it

Blocks

KYC is required, but no further details on this for now.

Isnt DAV just the system that connects those who offer servicesmand those who needs them?Or thing is more complicated and i missunderstood whole thing?

Yes, that is correct and that's a good way to describe DAV in a nutshell.

This DAV sounds very futuristic and interesting,but i dont think there are autonomous vehicles yet.So when you expect this to happen then?

There are autonomous vehicles on the road as we speak, with different levels of automation.
Activity: 286
So with DAV,we can for example put our autonomous vehicle on the market,and rent it while we are not using it?And DAV will do everything:find someone who wants to rent it,charge  him and get my car back to me?

Is that how its supposed to work?

That's a possibility, as DAV allows anyone to buy or sell autonomous transportation services.

Will there be a possibility to share the rides, like you can share a cab?

Yes, this can be a possibility too.

I think i read somewhere that future is in shared vehicled,so im sure that will be popular thing in DAV too.

Yes shared ownership might be more popular in future,and another way to decerease number of vehicles in traffic.

This project is focusing on the transporation econony and trying to meet the transportation needs of more people, more places more efficiently.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
If you would like to discuss DAV in real time, visit us at our channel: https://t.me/DAVNetwork

ll make sure to do that,telegram is always good source of informations!
Activity: 210
If you would like to discuss DAV in real time, visit us at our channel: https://t.me/DAVNetwork
Activity: 276
Activity: 392
Merit: 107
Hello,

Can you specify which vehicle types, and to what level of automation, will be covered by DAV?

Isnt it goal to connect all kind of vehicles,as autonomous vehicles should communicate with each other.

That would be the whole point...blockchain enables that each vehicle has the "database" of all other vehicles in the chain, so they are able to communicate with each oher.

Yes,each vehicle knows the route of the other one,enabling much safer and efficient transport.And DAV will be there to communicate between various partys interested in offering servies,or needing them.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
Will DAV provide some sort of on-road service to vehicles? In case of flat tire or similar?

No specific details on this, but please take note that this is not DAV's goal

But as a platform that provides this service, you should provide a warranty on service, no?
For example, i take a ride in one car operated by DAV system, and there's a flat tire.
What then?

I dont see how DAV would be reponsible for that,its like UBER being responsible for flat tire.

Activity: 126
Hello,

When is ico start date and what is the minimum contribution?

The public token sale will begin on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at 14:00 GMT!
Minimum participation: 0.2 ETH (2,000 DAV).

Hello,

When is ico start date and what is the minimum contribution?

The public token sale will begin on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at 14:00 GMT!
Minimum participation: 0.2 ETH (2,000 DAV).
Activity: 160
Will DAV provide some sort of on-road service to vehicles? In case of flat tire or similar?

But as a platform that provides this service, you should provide a warranty on service, no?
For example, i take a ride in one car operated by DAV system, and there's a flat tire.
What then?

I dont see how DAV would be reponsible for that,its like UBER being responsible for flat tire.

Well, driver is responsible, and he represents uber in this case. So yeah, uber is responsible
Activity: 98

What then?

Activity: 219

This is true.
Blockchain isn't intended for big data storage
Activity: 168
Activity: 2072
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

Bitcoin is old technology. ETH blockchain is much better built and more compact.
Activity: 147

Pages:
Jump to: